Some fun info on SMELL in A17 (Dont fart)

Pichii

So uhh, I just found this gem while looking to see if smell was enabled for A17.2

Apparently, smell is working and on again for:

Raw meat, Charred, broiled and cooked meats.

Bacon & Eggs

Also, remember to hold in them farts out there bois...

601404353_7d2dsmella17.thumb.jpg.3b3e150b83e6520e121341ebf681e54d.jpg

I kind of liked the idea of smell, although quite a few people on here poo-poo'ed the thing with that logic malarkey and other such sensible shenanigans.

That said I still find it quite comical that if you found a tin of food in a PoI, open it to eat it and the smell triggered off all the sleepers at once.

Smell is hard to do right when all the zombies just kinda spawn next to us. If they were all persistent like in zomboid and numbered in the thousands- it would be far more interesting a mechanic to have.

It was annoying to constantly have to just dump my meat into the minibike everytime I looted some because zombies cheaply spawn nearby me everywhere I go. This game just isn't the right kind of setup to make this work in a fun way, but that's my take on it.

Smell is hard to do right when all the zombies just kinda spawn next to us. If they were all persistent like in zomboid and numbered in the thousands- it would be far more interesting a mechanic to have.

It was annoying to constantly have to just dump my meat into the minibike everytime I looted some because zombies cheaply spawn nearby me everywhere I go. This game just isn't the right kind of setup to make this work in a fun way, but that's my take on it.

Yeah, I have to agree that zombie spawning literally 1 block next to you is REALLY lame/annoying. Specially when its not a single zombie but a horde....

That being said tho, try taking meat and putting it in your belt.

I done seen zombies spawning in the surrounding area, turn towards me and start walking.

It just wasnt happening with all food.

Id also like to point out, some of the crafted foods had smell in the old version, not just bacon and eggs and meat. The file HAS been modded since A16.4 tho you are right, that doesnt automatically mean its active I suppose.

How can a zombie smell anyway? (yes i know "terrible"). Porting in zombies is the bane of this game and it still happens way too often and far too visibly.

Nothing is more disappointing than walking into a room to see the occupants porting in or looking around outside just to be jumped by a bear that ported behind you!

Not sure smell was ever thought out properly when most would just seal it in a bag/container to solve the problem. Cant very well give you the problem without the obvious solutions.

Archived