Horde behavior when the player is in transit

AlyssaFaden

Last night we did our day 105 horde while in transit (gyrocopters) and expected to see a stream of zombies chasing us all night. But what we got surprised us: they spawned in, started the chase ... after a while they disappeared over the horizon ... and we never saw another spawn for the rest of the night. I EXPECTED the game to recognize our location in the world, and no matter where we were at to chase us with spawn location and Z's until the night was over. But instead it seemed to break and after we left that first cell/location, we never saw another wave.

Has anyone any experience on this and what the horde behavior is when you are in motion?

I tested on the weekend whether I can escape with the bicycle a high gamestage horde. I observed the same thing. As soon as I moved too far away from the place of origin there were only a few zombies chasing me.

That's probably because the other zombies are still alive. But they just can't keep up. I had to stop over and over again so the zombies could catch up.

Oh. Interesting. NOT what I was expecting at all. I thought maybe the original wave would despawn and a new one spawn (on my current position).

I didn't follow that in the console. There you should see if new zombies appear.

Vedui recently made a video in which he tested it with a motorcycle. Here you can see the same behaviour.

I tested on the weekend whether I can escape with the bicycle a high gamestage horde. I observed the same thing. As soon as I moved too far away from the place of origin there were only a few zombies chasing me.

That's probably because the other zombies are still alive. But they just can't keep up. I had to stop over and over again so the zombies could catch up.

They won't keep up, if you move away far enough from the initial start point maybe 1 km or so, they just stop spawning entirely even if you stop. Done this by accdient more than once kiting hordes on a vechicle.

Experienced this on one of my peaceful playthroughs with the first horde - started running in a big square as soon as the clock hit 10 P.M. and surprisingly i didn't encounter a single zombie. At 14th day horde i think i got a regular mob circling after me, but at some point i was able to ditch them and only a few runners came by when i finished my first lap around.

Oh. Interesting. NOT what I was expecting at all. I thought maybe the original wave would despawn and a new one spawn (on my current position).

That is how it used to work. But in this modern age of gaming, it seems to have been removed. Cheesing hordes is a VERY accepted game mechanic now a days.

Archived