BorderlandZ - Let's get the Fun back to GunFighting and Looting!

rucky

I like what you have done with this mod and I want you to know that I thoroughly appreciate the time and effort you have spent in making it, but I feel the array of weapons and gear given at the start of the game is OP, and sadly removes much of the early game struggle.

With the 70 odd SP given literally upon spawning, its very easy to completely max out a number of endgame perks including: loot quality, headshot and weapon, stealth, stamina etc.

I'm sure this is not a grand revelation, but from a design perspective, I'm not sure whether it's intended as a way of fast forwarding to a late stage of the game, or if it's to showcase many of the features, but reasons aside, when this is paired with the copious loot pinata, I find it takes much of the shine off finding and earning it throughout normal gameplay.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoy the diverse variety of zeds, and the ferocity that each of them attack with, and in saying that, the way they climb up and over each other with such zest that they scale walls (such as the ones surrounding the trader) with an effortlessness that can only be described as relative ease. And it is moments like these that I find myself glad that the stacks of ammunition that I'm finding are immense in quantity, as I peel through magazines faster than I'm finding them.

I love the idea of a nomadic lifestyle, and it's something that I always found to be a terrific challenge in this game, although, one of the best things about it was deciding which items deserve to take up precious space in your backpack. Don't get me wrong, I love the prospect of 200 spaces in the pack, but I think it wouldn't hurt to start off with a few less and work your way up to more purely through level progression/modifications etc.

The ambiance was great, and I had many moments where I almost felt the bite in the chill of the air as mist rolled through, winding its way between the dark and twisted shadows of the pine forest on a moonlit night.

For me, I find this mod could be perfect with a little time spent fine tuning as far as balance goes.

Thank you Tetrameth,

and yes you are right, the Balance is still way off in the Mod as I need way more Feedback, sadly getting too few.

Only one thing I want to mention, you said you are getting to level 70; you are sure you have set XP generating to 100% and not higher?

Because you get to level 35 not 70 with the StoneAxe. Also this Game is meant to be played in Warrior Difficulty at least, and even that I consider as the "Casual" Game difficulty.

The Weapons and Armor you get at the Start can be considered already Endgame on Vanilla Game and many Mods out there, but in this Mod, and the correct Difficulty and XP settings it's only mediocre. F.e. the Armorrating at start is around 45 more or less, Endgame maxxed you can get up to 75, and even on that Armor, you will be One-shoted from the Giants or even lucky shoted from Gunner or Shocker Bosses (meaning dead without even going into "Fighting-for-your-life-mode")!

Actually I'm on a Server playing with others, we're on some 50-60th Day, I'm at 6000+ kills and 4 Deaths, where not few do struggle at already 30 deaths already at the beginning. And we're only at that Warrior Difficulty.

On Horde Nights I usually get some 600+ Kills, similar to Wandering Hordes.

But, again to your point of Balance... I'm having some 40K 9mm Ammo as I'm mostly using the Shotgun I found and double AK in Horde Night. Yes, Ammo and Money is way too much in actual Mod, same with Repair kits and some other stuff...

This Mod is actual in Version 0.2.x and we are nowhere finished yet, more weapons and effects, Melee, ActionSkills, Story, Quests, more Bosses, POIs all this I plan to include which will change the Balance again...

But also I have to say, in the last two Months I haven't made a single line of code for the next big iteration 0.3 which I already talked about here and on the Discord channel, because of all the support I had to make for the Mod and getting it to Multiplayer on Servers.

This is all good and fine, but you all have to consider, I'm working on this alone, in my spare time, I don't get even a single cent from it, I can't do it all by myself in zero time.

So again thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated!

I need this kind of feedback to go on further with this Mod!

Thank you! :-)

Sorry my friend, don't know that error, and that hint it gaves ("reduce smoothing") and you saying you're not using another Mod alongside BorderlandZ? How much RAM and VRAM do you have?

Could be perhaps a HDHQ Problem as that's very graphics intense, propably you could remove the HDHQ Main Textures Pack 2K from the mod or even the Biome Texture Packs (though that will greatly reduce the game intensity...)

As a first try to reduce your grafics settings...

I'm on level 150+ with a gamestage of 700++ and day 30+ and never have seen that.

(But yes, the FPS is getting down a lot of time lol, even if I only play at medium settings - grafix wise)

Good day Rucky

Still enjoying the Mod .. But smoothing issue is back as reported on .. Post #84 date 4-26-19 …. And ….

Yes 90% sure it is the HDHQ Pack causing it .. because I tried HDHQ in Vanilla and started to get the same message when using F1 after game start to check for loading errors ..

If I remove them .. will that more or less kill the game experience … the Game looks so great with it ….. OR ….. Is there an adjustment you can make or suggest on your end.

OH .. Just a NOTE: IT Only Happens when after starting a Base or have Finished up a base .. this game I'm using the Prison with about 18 - 20 turrets .. Double reinforced concrete walls with Steel .. is so nice.

As always .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity: .. and Thanks for the Mod

you said you are getting to level 70; you are sure you have set XP generating to 100% and not higher?

Because you get to level 35 not 70 with the StoneAxe.

You are correct, I had the game set as 200% and I will correct this in a new game. This no doubt had a MASSIVE effect on the game I played, as with double the XP right from the start, as I mentioned earlier, I was able to push many stats all the way through to the end. (although I still feel that being able to push loot qualities very high right from the start is still pretty OP)

Also this Game is meant to be played in Warrior Difficulty at least, and even that I consider as the "Casual" Game difficulty.

Yes, I play by default in insane mode, but being a new mod I decided to just punch the default button (aside from xp multiplier) as I felt this would be a safe bet to experience it from a baseline perspective. I'll give warrior a go as per your suggestion though.

Actually I'm on a Server playing with others, we're on some 50-60th Day, I'm at 6000+ kills and 4 Deaths, where not few do struggle at already 30 deaths already at the beginning. And we're only at that Warrior Difficulty.

On Horde Nights I usually get some 600+ Kills, similar to Wandering Hordes.

The Weapons and Armor you get at the Start can be considered already Endgame on Vanilla Game and many Mods out there, but in this Mod, and the correct Difficulty and XP settings it's only mediocre. F.e. the Armorrating at start is around 45 more or less, Endgame maxxed you can get up to 75, and even on that Armor, you will be One-shoted from the Giants or even lucky shoted from Gunner or Shocker Bosses (meaning dead without even going into "Fighting-for-your-life-mode")!

Yes, I can see this mod would likely work VERY well in a multiplayer 'jump right into the action' kind of scenario, and I feel this is probably how you have designed it. I sometimes play with a mate, and I can see how cutting out a large portion of the usual immediate concerns of startgame and being thrown into the action with a bunch of decent hardware would be beneficial as far as 'quality play time' is concerned.

But, again to your point of Balance... I'm having some 40K 9mm Ammo as I'm mostly using the Shotgun I found and double AK in Horde Night. Yes, Ammo and Money is way too much in actual Mod, same with Repair kits and some other stuff...

This Mod is actual in Version 0.2.x and we are nowhere finished yet, more weapons and effects, Melee, ActionSkills, Story, Quests, more Bosses, POIs all this I plan to include which will change the Balance again...

But also I have to say, in the last two Months I haven't made a single line of code for the next big iteration 0.3 which I already talked about here and on the Discord channel, because of all the support I had to make for the Mod and getting it to Multiplayer on Servers.

This is all good and fine, but you all have to consider, I'm working on this alone, in my spare time, I don't get even a single cent from it, I can't do it all by myself in zero time.

So again thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated!

I need this kind of feedback to go on further with this Mod!

Thank you! :-)

Your time spent has been much appreciated, for the first hour of playing your mod I was on the edge of my seat with my breath held as I raced through the forest trying to get to the trader before nighfall, in testing out all the hardware, I had caused what seemed like a fairly dense heatmap between me and the trader, and the waves of zeds were coming in thick and fast the entire way, it's not something I have experienced in 7dtd for many years, so for that, I thank you =]

keep up the good work !

Does anyone know of any reliable dedicated server hosting services that support the latest build (Stable Version 0.2.4) or allow you to upload dll files so you can upload the latest and greatest to enjoy this mod with all your friends?

Does anyone know of any reliable dedicated server hosting services that support the latest build (Stable Version 0.2.4) or allow you to upload dll files so you can upload the latest and greatest to enjoy this mod with all your friends?

0.2.5 stable is the latest Version ;-)

Head over to the Discord, here are some Server Admins I'm sure can provide you with some feedback.

f.e. Killservers.com has the BorderlandZ Mod as a choosable Mod already included. Yes in 0.2.5.

Edit: Also Bluefang Solution ("official" 7 Days To Die Server Provider) now has the Mod as Pre-Installed package in their library for easy installation!

NEwYiISm.png

(this link will give me a small cut of whatever you order, thank you!)

Rucky .. Good day

- - - Updated - - -

0.2.5 stable is the latest Version ;-)

Head over to the Discord, here are some Server Admins I'm sure can provide you with some feedback.

f.e. Killservers.com has the BorderlandZ Mod as a choosable Mod already included. Yes in 0.2.5.

Rucky .. Good day

You need to Update the your First Page .. saying v 2.5 Stable for 7d2d A17.4 .. Just a thought.

Rucky .. Good day

- - - Updated - - -

Rucky .. Good day

You need to Update the your First Page .. saying v 2.5 Stable for 7d2d A17.4 .. Just a thought.

hm.... you are right!

because of old compatibilities I did not removed the 0.2.4 update (which IS still available for people who still play on A17.3) but only mentioned the new stable 0.2.5 in some posts after.

I have corrected this now.

Thanx gpcstargate! Have a nice day too!

If you like the Mod BorderlandZ please consider a small Donation

to help me fund this Project, thank you!

"Official" 7 Days To Die Server Provider for your BorderlandZ Mod

Mod is provided pre-installed for you! No hassle with own installs!

NEwYiISm.png

(this link will give me a small cut of whatever you order, thank you!)

Others way to get me a Coffee and help me fund this Project:

ACnJnfwm.png

(for a one-time donation)

nylWbIsm.png

(for a monthly contribution - this includes Discord Bonis and Ways to get involved into the Mod story and characters!)

Also don't forget to

Join the BorderlandZ Discord Server,

Great Community, Modders and Players welcome,

https://discord.gg/ZZRVATG

Have a nice Weekend!

Day 161 on a Server I'm playing on.

I want some backup from my Turrets to get faster Kills.

Then they came.

About 1250 in numbers.

Many many Bosses.

But I had Bullets.

Lots of Bullets.

24000 Bullets and more.

But was it enough ?!

• 2 weeks later...
why my screen is black and nothing not happend.

Hello Tonzza95,

can you check if EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) is ON (which is the default Vanilla wise) by chance?

You need to deactivate it otherwise it will not load.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

I accidentally destroyed a laptop, given by the trader to order ammo. Is there any way to get it back, please?

PS: This is a really enjoyable mod, thanks to the author!

Thank you Galushka!,...

Creative menu is your best bet or ask the server admin for a new one.

... as Doombringer101 said, actually it is only possible to get it back through "cheating" it in again (via Cheat/Creative menu or admin give command)

This will change in the upcoming new version though, there you can buy another Laptop at the trader (for some good amount of coins though)...

Thank you Galushka!,...

... as Doombringer101 said, actually it is only possible to get it back through "cheating" it in again (via Cheat/Creative menu or admin give command)

This will change in the upcoming new version though, there you can buy another Laptop at the trader (for some good amount of coins though)...

Yea, I kind of figured it out.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived