Is there a way to turn off Zombie types yet?

Lycangel

Ok so this issue is as old as the game.

Is there a way to create a game and turn off certain types of zombies? In particular, dogs? Wolves and undead ones?

These things are absolutely killing my experience. And they are a part of the reason I'm having a hard time finding other people to play anymore.

Day 1 I'm out trying to put together a house and a damn wolf comes up and wrecks me. Zero chance to protect myself. These things are obnoxious, and I absolutely despise them. I need to a way to get rid of them. And don't give me tips on how to deal with them I want them gone.

I wouldn't say it's easy. The only easy thing is replacing the zeds with something harmless. Removing them breaks the game.

Also Lycangel +1. Although be wary, it's not only dogs who don't follow your server zed walking settings and/or are annoying AF. There are also zombie bears, policemen (that can run and also attack from distance), vultures, bees. Also there are snakes but I haven't really had problem with those. In either case the mod above fixes all of these if you choose to, replacing them all with cute animals.

Go into your spawning xml and replace wolves with Steve or whatever else you don't have a problem with.

When rad cops were ruining sleeper clearing and almost impossible to kill in A16, we replaced them with feral nurses.

As Feycat says, 5 minute edit with find and replace on spawning.xml (but always make a backup first)

We change the strippers to nurses on our server as I found them distasteful and hard to explain to my youngish daughter.

Archived