Telltale stuff just happened, but no console updates for over a year...

Jakk_jekkel

I understand the whole Telltale issue that just recently happened, and I also understand the whole porting processes from pc to console, but none of that explains why there haven't been ANY UPDATES AT ALL FOR CONSOLES IN OVER A YEAR... Consoles only have a small handful of way overpowered, unbalanced, glitchy zombies to fight which spawn in far too many numbers far too quick no matter how low you make the zombie count in pregame settings, there's still far too many bugs, the game is still far too dark no matter what brightness settings you use, there's just far too much that's been broken about the game on consoles for OVER A YEAR, Not to mentiom we still only have one piece of crap vehicle for transportation, hardly any traps to use, and building resources required to craft most things are unrealistically too much, whereas pc has atleast 5x more content than consoles will ever have...THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR ANY OF THIS....

No one's "bitching", I was simply stating fact, and there's no reason for you to respond to the post like that, and if you wanna get technical, when the pimps are making those promises to console players in their update vids on YouTube, then yes they are at fault, it's their jobs as the developers to push their content to the publishers...

There are stickied posts detailing how the console port worked. You're far from knowing about how this process worked. I was simply stating the fact that the Pimps had nothing to do with the console port. They can't even update it until the now bankrupt Telltale sells them the rights back. And, yes you were bitching. And I said it was cool. So, go calm down.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93089-Telltale-Update

There ya go.

I understand the whole Telltale issue that just recently happened, and I also understand the whole porting processes from pc to console, but none of that explains why there haven't been ANY UPDATES AT ALL FOR CONSOLES IN OVER A YEAR... Consoles only have a small handful of way overpowered, unbalanced, glitchy zombies to fight which spawn in far too many numbers far too quick no matter how low you make the zombie count in pregame settings, there's still far too many bugs, the game is still far too dark no matter what brightness settings you use, there's just far too much that's been broken about the game on consoles for OVER A YEAR, Not to mentiom we still only have one piece of crap vehicle for transportation, hardly any traps to use, and building resources required to craft most things are unrealistically too much, whereas pc has atleast 5x more content than consoles will ever have...THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR ANY OF THIS....

The problem with your analysis is that you are assuming that the recent public announcement was when the problems started. There is an update for the console that is almost completed and was planned for release last year. However, contracted studios don't work when they don't get paid and that causes delays.

If TFP can get the rights back then they are prepared to fund continued porting of developed features to the console. That funding will pay for the costs incurred by Iron Galaxy who is handling the port and once they start getting paid again they will undoubtably pick up where they left off with the unfinished (but almost finished) update for console.

Iron Galaxy isn't going to port for free.

Telltale isn't paying them to port any longer.

TFP can't pay them to port yet.

The next update is almost done but languishing.

All of this mess started before you and I and everyone else in the public was aware. So be careful with your timelines.

Roland, wouldn't it be better to publish a 7 Days to Die 2 for console and let Telltale keep the rights for 7 Days to Die?

I don't mind spending a few euro's on a new version if it means that it's made with the right hands and supplied with updates and new content.

The problem with your analysis is that you are assuming that the recent public announcement was when the problems started. There is an update for the console that is almost completed and was planned for release last year. However, contracted studios don't work when they don't get paid and that causes delays.

If TFP can get the rights back then they are prepared to fund continued porting of developed features to the console. That funding will pay for the costs incurred by Iron Galaxy who is handling the port and once they start getting paid again they will undoubtably pick up where they left off with the unfinished (but almost finished) update for console.

Iron Galaxy isn't going to port for free.

Telltale isn't paying them to port any longer.

TFP can't pay them to port yet.

The next update is almost done but languishing.

All of this mess started before you and I and everyone else in the public was aware. So be careful with your timelines.

Well maybe if there was more info told to us by TFP maybe people wouldn't have to assume things. Since all of this mess started before we saw any post about TTG.

"There is an update for the console that is almost completed and was planned for release last year."

There was talk of an update, but there is no mention of it being almost completed, and the release was planned for the end of last year. Then months before the end of the year we get the surprise of TTG issue. So unless you worked for TTG or IG I don't know how you are not assuming anything.

What % is almost completed?

How close to finishing is the update?

How much work did IG do without getting paid?

I could go on, but these are questions that are not going to be answered. So I think the OP has a right to the post, and assuming things because we are not being told what is going on. I am betting that TFP wants to support console, but I dont see that happening unless it is done by someone else. I am assuming they are afraid of telling us the truth and that the console version is done and that update isn't going to happen. Console people paid so there is no additional revenue to be made, and I think everyone knows that.

If we got monthly updates, even if the update is we have no new updates, then maybe we wouldn't have to assume exactly what is or isn't going on.

• 4 months later...

If that's the case, I want my 11 dollars back 😂 they're seriously missing out on 2 platforms over one & they could be in the cash by now if this didn't happen & just didn't think because they saw money. Bet it's not even worth it right now eh TFP. What happened to that form that they posted about TT not working anymore? I can't find it anywhere 🤔

• 3 months later...

.... what about a go fund me or a poll to see if the funding would even happen for a port, personally i'd donate to see that happen, i loved 7dtd but without it being up to date it just doesn't feel worth, or maybe look for another company to strike a deal with to port? Originally i just thought Tell tale held rights to the port but i found out that isnt the case, ask your fans for help, make a movement with the people that legitimately do want to play

Archived