Auto Turrets Steel Ammo

icehot

when I open a turret version .. with ammunition only exclusive mind for the turret so as not to waste our own that is, military-grade ammunition kinetic container 500 to 100 rounds the turret should have a closed system guided laser a red dot laser to be able to intercept the firing range where is it aimed to be able to understand the enemy in time the vanilla turret of the game .. not long ago but at least it works against the birds ... like anti-area turret turret is required with munition .. kinetic and explosive ammunition ... for the game vanilla turret has a bad vision perception its field of angle and shot is not correct too much ammunition is overthrown it needs a better system of retro aliniament shooting and it would not hurt to be a portable turret and with a remote control circuit with c.c.t.d

Does it work? Like on a server? =P

I don't own a dedicated server to put this mod in. I play mostly single player, but occasionally with someone else who joins my single player game from time to time, and it's working fine in that scenario. So I guess it's working enough if you're hosting the game yourself?

I don't own a dedicated server to put this mod in. I play mostly single player, but occasionally with someone else who joins my single player game from time to time, and it's working fine in that scenario. So I guess it's working enough if you're hosting the game yourself?

Yah, that's a server even if it is running on your machine as well.

It will not use the damage stat of different bullet types so this is not something that can just be dropped into the vanilla game. It would have be correct. ;)

Yah, that's a server even if it is running on your machine as well.

It will not use the damage stat of different bullet types so this is not something that can just be dropped into the vanilla game. It would have be correct. ;)

Oic ok, well that's for the devs to fix I guess, this is just a work around to get the ammo to work as loads of people are requesting it. I guess it ends up using the same damage stat as the brass ammo by what you've said, which for a mod I'm ok with.

As a mod it's super close to the "proper" behaviour it should have if there was infinite time to fix every little thing but only in this particular case, so

gazz_approves.png

Just not something I can just steal for the vanilla files ;)

I do "steal" a lot of Clockwork's fixes from his thread - just not the rebalances he's putting in there. Those may or may not align with The Plan but... kudos to the modders to fine-tooth-comb the vanilla files for errors. You modders are improving the game even if you don't get a lot of credit for it.

I know.

This makes it so you can put ANY item into the turret. Turret damage does not scale with ammo. It is a base amount.

I tried doing this myself because I was annoyed that I couldn't use slugs in the shotgun turret.

<property name="AmmoItem" value="ammoShotgunShell"/> <!-- does not use the damage value -->

I tried <property name="AmmoItem" value="ammoShotgunShell,ammoShotgunSlug"/> but that doesn't work either.

If you could figure out how to get this line to work, you might be onto something, but it's only found in the items.xml

<property name="Magazine_items" value="ammo9mmBullet,ammo9mmBulletSteel"/>

Also I found it annoying that the turrets already show that they have a battery. Why must I connect it to a battery bank/generator then? If someone could make it so I have to add a battery to make it work that would be awesome.

If that's not annoying enough you actually have to connect the wire to the battery first and then the turret. You can't go from the turret to the battery? WTF?!

• 1 month later...
This makes it so you can put ANY item into the turret. Turret damage does not scale with ammo. It is a base amount.

I tried doing this myself because I was annoyed that I couldn't use slugs in the shotgun turret.

<property name="AmmoItem" value="ammoShotgunShell"/> <!-- does not use the damage value -->

I tried <property name="AmmoItem" value="ammoShotgunShell,ammoShotgunSlug"/> but that doesn't work either.

If you could figure out how to get this line to work, you might be onto something, but it's only found in the items.xml

<property name="Magazine_items" value="ammo9mmBullet,ammo9mmBulletSteel"/>

Also I found it annoying that the turrets already show that they have a battery. Why must I connect it to a battery bank/generator then? If someone could make it so I have to add a battery to make it work that would be awesome.

If that's not annoying enough you actually have to connect the wire to the battery first and then the turret. You can't go from the turret to the battery? WTF?!

It's a long shot but maybe you discovered something new aobut his? I have been searching for an answer to this because it seems a similar thing happens if we change the blocks.xml SlotItems in the different energy banks (solar, battery, generator) you can than slot anything into it... I discovered that while using snowballs as ammo in my auto turret with a can of chili.

• 5 months later...
It's a long shot but maybe you discovered something new aobut his? I have been searching for an answer to this because it seems a similar thing happens if we change the blocks.xml SlotItems in the different energy banks (solar, battery, generator) you can than slot anything into it... I discovered that while using snowballs as ammo in my auto turret with a can of chili.

Firing snowballs, now that's funny. Using steel ammo would be the same damage as brass except it just degrades the weapon faster?

Archived