If wellness was to return.

FranticDan

I thought the way wellness worked was a brilliant mechanic, but with the new perk system it is a thing of the past.

I think wellness should return, but this would mean the effects of fortitude and agility would need to change, and I have an idea of this change.

For Agility, it increases your mobility, +2, +4, +6, +8, +10, +12, +14, +17, +20. For a potential 120% total if there's nothing lowering your mobility stat.

For Fortitude, it lowers whole damage you take per hit (not in %). 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10. So for example, if you have no armour rating with level 10 fortitude and take a hit worth 40 damage, you'll take 30 instead. This applies before other reductions. So for example, level 10 fortitude with 60 armour rating, you take a hit worth 40 damage, it gets lower to 30, then lowered again to 12. Without any fortitude, you would take 16 damage.

I also think maximum wellness should be 150 since by the time you reach 150, you'll be godlike.

I'd like to know what others think :)

Like the ideas, sadly fallout doesnt have a wellness system... so no point in arguing.

I laughed. So true...

The relation of agility to stamina makes no sense. Why one earth would being more agile give you more stamina? Agility should affect movement. It would be nice if at max agility, you could backpedal or sidestep as fast as you can walk forward.

It all feels wonky and forced, like the Pimps committed to having a 5-point stat system and THEN decided how they were going to cram their various progression upgrades into it. All in the vain glory of emulating a failed RPG.

I laughed. So true...

The relation of agility to stamina makes no sense. Why one earth would being more agile give you more stamina? Agility should affect movement. It would be nice if at max agility, you could backpedal or sidestep as fast as you can walk forward.

It all feels wonky and forced, like the Pimps committed to having a 5-point stat system and THEN decided how they were going to cram their various progression upgrades into it. All in the vain glory of emulating a failed RPG.

I disagree. Agility makes perfect sense for this.

- - - Updated - - -

You want it under strength? When is the last time you saw a body builder running a marathon? Want it under int? That’s just stupid. Perception??? LMFAO

Archived