Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

I think this was yesterday, before i realized I had to add something to the server to get it working

2014-12-17T12:23:31 7.056 Webserver not started (folder "webserver" not found in game folder)

Well, then restart the server now and check if it works ;)

OMG it's working, now don't I feel like an idiot, I've spent most of the night trying to get this going and all I had to do was restart the server, I can't believe I didn't do that already. Sorry to waste your time. :dispirited:

Well, then restart the server now and check if it works ;)

just me or are the hooks broken in a10.4?

oh and this error in compiling again..

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(5,5): Error MSB4018: The "ResolveAssemblyReference" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileLoadException: The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
  at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nToString()
  at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.get_FullName()
  at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ReferenceTable.MarkReferencesForExclusion(Hashtable exclusionList)
  at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ResolveAssemblyReference.Execute(FileExists fileExists, DirectoryExists directoryExists, GetDirectories getDirectories, GetAssemblyName getAssemblyName, GetAssemblyMetadata getAssemblyMetadata, GetRegistrySubKeyNames getRegistrySubKeyNames, GetRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue getRegistrySubKeyDefaultValue, GetLastWriteTime getLastWriteTime, GetAssemblyRuntimeVersion getRuntimeVersion, OpenBaseKey openBaseKey, CheckIfAssemblyInGac checkIfAssemblyIsInGac, IsWinMDFile isWinMDFile, ReadMachineTypeFromPEHeader readMachineTypeFromPEHeader)
  at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ResolveAssemblyReference.Execute()
  at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
  at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext() (MSB4018) (7dtd-server-fixes)

tbh i did just try deob the 10.4 AC.dll with Deobfuscate-7dtd_pre0.4.2b ..maybe that might be needing an update again?

hmm really?

doesn't work here.. tried compiling previous release again just to make sure it wasn't some MSBUILD issue.. it worked fine.

just not working with a10.4 anymore.. I did try untick MSBUILD engine for server-fixes.. but that just goes down the rabbit hole of more errors.

Ok so I patched the files myself to apply my own code with your latest server fixes for the 10.4 hotfix at least I think its for the hotfix. Top of the site states Revision 221 but Tortoise logs state its Revision 218 and only updating the assembly and serverfix dll no other files, Then in FrontRunners SM it states this.

Your Version: 0.104.5466.33096

Lastest Version: 0.104.5466.33703

So not to sure if its me being confused about something or what as I am pretty sure I have been doing everything right this past month. Are the files updated for building ourselves??

Any idea why sometimes the map tool works fine, while other times it won't actually show who's online or update their location? It will generate the mapped area just fine though.

Typically resetting the server resolves it, but sometimes it just seems to be hit or miss.

I'm running your dedi build on Linux and use Chrome as my main browser. Seems to happen in IE just the same though.

The used HTTP server library (part of the .NET library) seems to be a bit picky on what it delivers and what not ;) For me it happened very rarely but most of the time refreshing the page worked. I may be going with a different solution in the future that should be more stable though, as it indeed is annoying that way :)

Trying to get the mapping working for the first time. I have received below line, however it says authentication disabled. How do I enable? Does this mean the port is closed and I need to contact server host to open?

2014-12-21T07:43:33 26.884 INF Started Webserver on 2xxx9 (authentication disabled)

Trying to get the mapping working for the first time. I have received below line, however it says authentication disabled. How do I enable? Does this mean the port is closed and I need to contact server host to open?

2014-12-21T07:43:33 26.884 INF Started Webserver on 2xxx9 (authentication disabled)

authentication is a way to protect the map link so only you can view it, to do this you create a blank file named "protect" with no file extention and place it in the root of the webserver folder, You should be able to access the map with or without this file by going to the correct link which is http://SERVERIP:WebPort+2

Thanks for the response, but I should have been more clear. I am going to the http site, yes it is the console plus 2, but I am receiving the page can't be displayed. So that is why I was wondering if maybe the port is closed????

Have ticket in with server company to ensure it is open, don't know what else to do.

Thanks for the response, but I should have been more clear. I am going to the http site, yes it is the console plus 2, but I am receiving the page can't be displayed. So that is why I was wondering if maybe the port is closed????

Have ticket in with server company to ensure it is open, don't know what else to do.

Could be a port closed but you would have to post your output_log.txt here in order for anyone to look and see exactly what is going on. Make sure you try to view the page before posting the log file that way the information will be logged by the server.

Does anyone know if this Server fix will work with a server hosting site, such as Purepings.com?

It should work with a hosting site as long as you have access to upload the file with a FTP connection, It's always good practice to check with your hosting company before trying this or make a backup of the original file.

Noticed zooming in and out on the webserver map is causing errors in the server console. Seems when you zoom in and out its resetting the connection.

INF Error in Web.HandleRequest(): Remote host closed connection

Makes sense, if the request isn't handled before you actually drop the request on the browser the server sees this as a closed connection. Nothing out of the ordinary here ;)

Not planned, also I don't see that much of a benefit for admins with such function (remember this is meant to be an admin interface in the first place, not for players ;) ). Markers might make it to the game itself sometime maybe.

Not planned, also I don't see that much of a benefit for admins with such function (remember this is meant to be an admin interface in the first place, not for players ;) ). Markers might make it to the game itself sometime maybe.

Ok thanks. That could be an option if this is may planed for the game itself. Still great work mate:)