REV6:7-8's REALITY CHECK

rev678

I want to use this with another mod called Stallionsdens Invisible animal fix.

But I get this error message ingame

U2PhOUN.png

Is there a way to make them work together.

I want to have a lot of animals roaming the land but only remove the vultures.

ok on the pc is easier lol.

You would have to either remove the changes made by rev678 in regards to theanimalZombieVulture and the animalZombieVultureRadiated

OR

Remove any mention of those 2 mentioned from my mod

@Melkor,

1. From the Known INcompatibilities section of my original post:

"These modlets
DO NOT
work properly with any other mods, modlets, or customizations that add, change, remove, or replace NPCs from the 7DTD game."

2. What you posted is not an ERROR, but is actually a WARNING.

It's basically saying that the modlet named Stallionsdens Invisible animal fix did not apply 2 specific changes to the entitygroups.xml file... likely because my modlet that ran before it (modlets load in sequence alphabetically, and mine start with rev678_) had already removed vultures from the entitygroups.xml file.

3. FORTUNATELY, @stallionsden threw you a bone and gave you a couple of work-arounds.

4. The EASIEST "fix" is to simply remove that modlet of mine (NO VULTURES), and utilitze the functionality of Stallionsdens Invisible animal fix.

5. An ALTERNATIVE is to simply remove Stallionsdens Invisible animal fix, and utilize the functionality of mine.

6. If you are willing and able to use a TEXT EDITOR (I use TextWrangler on Mac, or Notepad++ on Wintel PCs), NOT a WORD PROCESSOR (things like Microsoft Word), then you can quite simply look for the "vultures" code lines in the entitygroups.xml file of the Stallionsdens Invisible animal fix modlet. Removing those "offending" lines maybe will work.

7. I'm guessing that @stallionsden may agree with me on this one, but options 4 and 5 should probably be considered the "supported" remedies for your situation.

8. I can't speak to YOUR SPECIFIC text editing and/or code troubleshooting KSAEEs (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and/or Experience), so can't really tell you how easy option 6 might be for you.

Hope this clarifies and helps,

REV6:7-8

Edited by rev678
Minor edits (see edit history)

@Melkor,

1. From the Known INcompatibilities section of my original post:

"These modlets
DO NOT
work properly with any other mods, modlets, or customizations that add, change, remove, or replace NPCs from the 7DTD game."

2. What you posted is not an ERROR, but is actually a WARNING.

It's basically saying that the modlet named Stallionsdens Invisible animal fix did not apply 2 specific changes to the entitygroups.xml file... likely because my modlet that ran before it (modlets load in sequence alphabetically, and mine start with rev678_) had already removed vultures from the entitygroups.xml file.

3. FORTUNATELY, @stallionsden threw you a bone and gave you a couple of work-arounds.

4. The EASIEST "fix" is to simply remove that modlet of mine (NO VULTURES), and utilitze the functionality of Stallionsdens Invisible animal fix.

5. An ALTERNATIVE is to simply remove Stallionsdens Invisible animal fix, and utilize the functionality of mine.

6. If you are willing and able to use a TEXT EDITOR (I use TextWrangler on Mac, or Notepad++ on Wintel PCs), NOT a WORD PROCESSOR (things like Microsoft Word), then you can quite simply look for the "vultures" code lines in the entitygroups.xml file of the Stallionsdens Invisible animal fix modlet. Removing those "offending" lines maybe will work.

7. I'm guessing that @stallionsden may agree with me on this one, but options 4 and 5 should probably be considered the "supported" remedies for your situation.

8. I can't speak to YOUR SPECIFIC text editing and/or code troubleshooting KSAEEs (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and/or Experience), so can't really tell you how easy option 6 might be for you.

Great explanation...

If your modlet was put after mine it would work as intended as your modlet is meant. So it would remove the vultures that mine edits. Is another option and probably save time to more a easy fix.

Simply rename revs modlet folder then go into modinfo.xml and change it to what you changed the folder to.

Simply rename revs modlet folder then go into modinfo.xml and change it to what you changed the folder to.

@stallionsden,

1. For starters, thanks for your input. I really do appreciate the chance to interact with my "customers." Along those lines though, I just want to make a couple of minor clarifications.

2. This line in my NO VULTURES modlet's Modinfo.xml file...

<Name value="REV6:7-8's Modlet ... REALITY CHECK ... NO VULTURES" />

... should be considered "cosmetic" for the purposes of this sub-thread, as it has nothing to do with the load sequence of modlets.

3. What you're describing as a possible work-around for @Melkor (changing the modlet load order by renaming my NO VULTURES modlet) can be accomplished entirely by renaming the rev678_realitycheck_no_vultures sub-folder to something like zzz_rev678_realitycheck_no_vultures...

... as long as zzz_ would be further down the list, alphabetically, than the sub-folder name of whatever modlet you're trying to have my modlet load after.

4. Someone could theoretically accomplish the same thing by renaming any or even all of the sub-folders in their own Mods folder to a through z, and then the modlets installed on their system would load sequentially in alphabetical order a through z.

5. In either scenario, nothing must be edited or changed in any of the Modinfo.xml files, unless the end-user is really OCD about having the Name values as displayed in the console output perfectly match the corresponding sub-folder names... in which case, they really need more "help" than I'm prepared to give them.

6. I tested and verified this by renaming the rev678_realitycheck_no_vultures sub-folder in my own Mods folder to zzz_rev678_realitycheck_no_vultures, without modifying anything in the Modinfo.xml file, and everything loaded as expected... with the NO VULTURES modlet loading at the end of the modlet loading sequence as I don't have any other z-named modlet sub-folders installed.

7. As my published modlets are right now, they all have sub-folder names starting with rev678_ while the Name values in their corresponding Modinfo.xml files all begin with REV6:7-8's Modlet followed by a human-readable descriptor.

8. All of the above is current as of 7DTD Alpha 18.1 b8 Stable. Future releases of 7DTD could change any or all of this.

Edited by rev678
Minor edits (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31046[/ATTACH]

If you need modlet support for any of my modlets, please contact me in the forums only.

I do have a life outside of modding for 7DTD, so prefer to limit my non-7DTD communications to people I know personally.

Thanks!

pleasedont.jpg.4b97f1eec9b01b6d3481b00f6f69c499.jpg

Edited by rev678 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The existing Alpha 18.1 versions of these modlets are fully compatible with and have successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 18.3 b4 Stable.

9. Start a NEW GAME, or you're likely to have technical issues.

Hope this helps, and cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FOR THE RECORD...

I really don't like the new forum/board layout. So apologies in advance if you post here and I'm not as quick to respond.

Please rest assured that I'm still involved with 7DTD and actively supporting my modlet packages.

I just don't find the notification controls as straightforward for me, as a content creator, to quickly monitor the threads about my products (like this one) for new activity.

Hope this clarifies,

Hey this is a 2 part question:

1. Where does this install if I'm hosting a dedicated server, on my client file, or the Server file?

If you're hosting a dedicated server, this gets installed in the Mods folder on your SERVER.

When CLIENTS connect to your SERVER, they automatically get what they need... whether or not they have none or any or even all of these modlets already installed on their end.

Also, SERVER side Mods subfolders take precedence at game load time over CLIENT side Mods subfolders of the same name. So even if they already have an older or newer or otherwise different version of a same-named subfolder, your SERVER side version of that specific subfolder "overrules" theirs.

If your question is where specifically to install modlets on your SERVER in general, I don't have dedicated servers to play around with (and my MacPro 4.1 doesn't really have spare system resources to run the client and server concurrently), so you'd need to locate other resources to help you with that if needed.

2. Is the link broken? I can't seem to get it to work, page doesn't exist. Thanks. (the modlet .zip file)

I was able to successfully download the rev678_realitycheck_Alpha_18.1_b7_Stable.zip file this morning, using both the link under step 1 of the Installation section AND the link in the Attached Files section at the very bottom of the original post.

Please log all the way out of the 7DTD forum, close your browser, maybe clear your browser cache/history, and try again.

I did have some login authentication issues the very first time I tried connecting to the forums after the board was updated recently, so that may be the case for you as well.

Edited by rev678 (see edit history)

Weird, wonder if it was just because I tried downloading so late, I tried and a friend tried last night, but today it worked fine. Thanks for the quick response, I should be able to figure out file location and all that on my own. Thanks again.

Glad you were finally able to download the zip file.

Cheers,

I got an invalid page URL error when I tried downloading it. Any workarounds?

I too was having difficulties downloading the ZIP file, even after removing the attachment and re-uploading it.

Seems to be an issue with inline attachments, so please download this modlet package by using the URL located at the bottom of the original post, in the Attached Files section.

The latest versions of these modlets are fully compatible with and have successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.0 b180 Stable.

1. Updated the extended version numbers within the modlets (which are visible in the console output as the modlet loads), to help users know at a glance which version(s) they have installed.

2. Updated the System Requirements/Fine Print section of the original post.

3. Renamed the attached zip file in the original post, corresponding to the version of 7DTD this modlet requires.

rev678 said:
9. Start a NEW GAME, or you're likely to have technical issues.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Joe78man said:

Any way to have wolves, coyotes, bears and other real animals? I think that would be actually realistic

The way this modlet package is designed, end users (individual players, if installing for locally-played games, or server admins for shared games) can decide for themselves which of the supported creatures to replace out of the game, by merely only installing those portions of this modlet package.

When you unzip the provided ZIP file, you'll extract a Mods folder containing seventeen (17) modlet subfolders. Each subfolder corresponds to the in-game entity that modlet is replacing out for a zombieMoe.

So  for example, the modlet contained in the rev678_realitycheck_no_bears_standard subfolder  is what replaces the non-zombie (standard)  bears in the game with zombieMoe. Modlet downloaders who DO WANT to replace non-zombie bears with zombieMoe should copy/move that subfolder from the Mods folder of the extracted ZIP file into their 7DTD Mods folder per the instructions in my original post, or into the appropriate location on their shared server.

If you want any of those animals to remain in-game, simply DON'T copy/move the corresponding modlet folders(s) from the Mods folder of the extracted ZIP file into your 7DTD Mods folder.

There is absolutely NO requirement to have ALL of these modlets installed at the same time. Any or all of them can be installed independently of each other, and still provide replacement of that specific in-game creature with a zombieMoe instead.

If what you're really asking me is if these modlets can replace out creature "X" with a wolf, coyote, or bear INSTEAD OF a zombieMoe, you can accomplish this yourself quite easily by editing the entitygroups.xml file in each modlet subfolder you install to replace zombieMoe with your desired animal replacement. You can get the exact animal names by looking at the entitygroups.xml files in the animal-specific folders I've provided within this modlet package.

But that's not the kind of change I want to do "universally" for everyone who downloads this modlet package, as I specifically chose to replace out the "potentially aggressive" animals, because they can run at/away from players regardless of the ZOMBIE DAY SPEED setting choice the player/admin makes during pre-launch game configuration.

Hope this helps, and cheers,

Edited by rev678
minor typos (see edit history)