Zombies dying spontaneously

Junuxx

B221. Not sure if this is bug or not.

It's probably something to do with my settings. I was fooling around on the lowest difficulty, 10 minute days (lol).

I noticed several zombies just falling over dead as I approached them. No spikes or cacti, no fall damage, nothing I could see that would have damaged them. Anyone know why this could happen?

The only thing I can think of is, maybe they are set to die a day after spawning or something, and 10 minute days is what made this apparent.

Their life is intense and brutal, they simply fall off from a heart attack.

But in all seriousness, also noticed zombies go down, even when actively shooting/meeling them, and then they give no exp for such a ehart attack which is dissapointing, thankfuly it doesn't happen that often.

Mine have been doing this today as well; and they’re despawning and respawmjng on top of me.

Meaning, I was in an open field and checked all surroundings, hit a rock twice and turn around to see 8 zombies, so I run off like 5 seconds away to get my bandages out and turn around to see that all but 1 have despawned. Rather annoying when this happens with the dreadful zombie birds, I’m comtemplating quiting just cause of them

So I've been having a blast with my 10 minute days game, but with short days this is a really cheap way to complete any Clear quest. Just break into one room, sneak and wait until all the sleepers are dead. Has been happening to me accidentally when I can't find the last few zombies or the package in a Fetch quest, but it seems easy to do intentionally as an exploit too.

Lol, I was just about to post about shorter days and then this thread popped up.

Yes I have noticed zeds just dying like that.

On my current 20 minute day game(day 6 atm) a sleeper disappeared right as I shot it, and I've had a couple of wandering horde remnants just drop in mid combat.

Shorter days rock.

I think 30 minute days will be my max from here on... 60 minute days are lame :)

B221. Not sure if this is bug or not.

It's probably something to do with my settings. I was fooling around on the lowest difficulty, 10 minute days (lol).

I noticed several zombies just falling over dead as I approached them. No spikes or cacti, no fall damage, nothing I could see that would have damaged them. Anyone know why this could happen?

The only thing I can think of is, maybe they are set to die a day after spawning or something, and 10 minute days is what made this apparent.

I'd report that as a bug and see what they say.

Doesn't sound like a difficult fix.

Archived