Native Linux server (with management scripts)

Alloc

You're probably on this already, but in case ur not here is an error message when I start an old instance:

The file '/home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/mainData' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds! 929988 > 929984]

(Filename: Line: 273)

The class named 'Localization' is abstract. The script class can't be abstract!

(Filename: Line: 1633)

0.000 Version: Alpha 9.0 (b33) Compatibility Version: Alpha 9.0, OS: Windows 32 Bit

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

0.009 Last played version: Alpha 8.8

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

0.014 Command line arguments: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie.x86 -logfile /home/sdtd/instances/gamename/logs/output_log.txt -configfile=/home/sdtd/instances/gamename/config.xml -dedicated

0.057 Error parsing property 'ShowAllPlayersOnMap'. Message: The requested value 'ShowAllPlayersOnMap' was not found.

0.057 Error parsing property 'ShowAllPlayersOnMap'. Message: The requested value 'ShowAllPlayersOnMap' was not found. 

That's why I put the notice about reading the release notes in the updatescripts-command: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Release%20Notes

The other stuff seems to be kinda normal. At least I had no problems with those so far (already got them in A8.8).

stupid question.

I get all the time 'cannot connect to server and a netstat and top shows me that the server is not running correctly (no port listening)

I used the old installation and updated it all the time.

after creating an instance i get following errors:

Saving
string is not in UTF-8
output conversion failed due to conv error, bytes 0xF6 0x6B 0x75 0x73
encoder error
/home/sdtd/instances/metalabs/config.xml:1.1: Document is empty

^
/home/sdtd/instances/metalabs/config.xml:1.1: Start tag expected, '<' not found

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

Ah okay it works now. In my password was an ü.

Hm, suppose I'll have to check if I can get it to work with non-ASCII characters :)

how to update just the scripts?

7dtd.sh updateengine i've done that.. what else?

7dtd.sh updatescripts

Regards,

Chris

That's why I put the notice about reading the release notes in the updatescripts-command: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Release%20Notes

The other stuff seems to be kinda normal. At least I had no problems with those so far (already got them in A8.8).

Dammit sorry missed that one, usually read them, was caught in the haste :D Nice job^^

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?12837-Improvements-for-the-dedicated-server/

is that stuff included in this yet?

the commands for it don't seem to work if it is

also "ShowFriendPlayerOnMap" was already set in config, though "ShowAllPlayersOnMap " would be nice if you have admin permission.

btw when you ban someone where are the bans kept? or do they only get saved on shutdown?

Encountering some problems

Hello all!

I just finished the initial setup using bootstrap.sh and configured my first instance.

When I try to start it by using 7dtd.sh start <name> I receive the following message:

konstantin@ProjectCommunity /home/sdtd/engine $ sudo 7dtd.sh start proc1
Failed!

There is a total of two logfiles located in /home/sdtd/instances/proc1/logs:

konstantin@ProjectCommunity /home/sdtd/instances/proc1/logs $ cat stdout.log
Found path: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie.x86

konstantin@ProjectCommunity /home/sdtd/instances/proc1/logs $ cat output_log.txt

Native stacktrace:

/home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/x86/libmono.so(+0x8b470) [0xf70c1470]
       /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/x86/libmono.so(+0x2133c) [0xf705733c]
       [0xf778d410]
       /lib32/libpthread.so.0(+0x6f59) [0xf7769f59]
       /lib32/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e) [0xf763589e]

Debug info from gdb:

=================================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

IP address: (Removed)
ly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/libnoise.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/libnoise.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/SteamworksManaged.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/SteamworksManaged.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/NSpeex.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/NSpeex.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.030 seconds
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
The file '/home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/mainData' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds! 929988 > 929984]

(Filename:  Line: 273)

The class named 'Localization' is abstract. The script class can't be abstract!

(Filename:  Line: 1633)

0.000 Version: Alpha 9.0 (b33) Compatibility Version: Alpha 9.0, OS: Windows 32 Bit

0.006 Last played version: Alpha 9.0

0.010 Command line arguments: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie.x86 -logfile /home/sdtd/instances/proc1/logs/output_log.txt -configfile=/home/sdtd/instances/proc1/config.xml -dedicated

0.040 Starting dedicated server level=Random Gen game name=proc1

0.040 Maximum allowed players: 64

0.040 Game mode: GameModeSurvivalMP

Script and engine seem to be the most recent:

konstantin@ProjectCommunity /home/sdtd/instances/proc1/logs $ sudo 7dtd.sh updatescripts
Scripts are already at the newest version (v.46).

Server specifications:

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64

http://pastebin.com/LYDiMWvt

What I've already tried:

* apt-get update & upgrade

* Removing the engine folder and re-downloading it using 7dtd.sh updateengine

Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

How to update my server? My game says server version 8.8. Do I have to run the bootstrapper again after an "updateengine"? What engine is updated with this command?

Yesterday I ran the updateengine command and something was updating, but still the 8.8 message.