Native Linux server (with management scripts)

Alloc

I added a small page about how to use the map (and only the map) with an external web server like apache.

https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/webmap

Heh, nice :)

how does the webmap compare to the other mapping tool?

Well, Cumu's tool is for offline rendering (e.g. could be run like once a day, requires the game to be shut down to be sure to not kill anything) but is *really* fast at rendering the whole world.

The mod aims at rendering live as players walk around so basically you get a map that is never older than 1 second. In return the full map render command is slow as hell but you should never need to run that if you have the live rendering starting from when you start a new save game.

Got it now Alloc, seems like the Deobfuscator release pre0.2.0 didnt give out that type yet.

I downloaded the source and then re-ran the deobfuscation, the type was recognized after that^^.

Oh, yeah, think I forgot to add a release package when updating the ManualDeob-lib, sorry ;)

Well, Cumu's tool is for offline rendering (e.g. could be run like once a day, requires the game to be shut down to be sure to not kill anything) but is *really* fast at rendering the whole world.

"The mod aims at rendering live as players walk around"

for a second you almost had me willing to switch, but unless it was displaying where those players are on the map in realtime its not really needed.

i'll stick with cumu mapping tool, and using building a script to use its player tracking feature, and what you mean not to kill anything.. i have it run once 24hrs and run it manually a few times with the server on and players connected.. it only reads the files ..what could possibly go wrong :D ..?

for a second you almost had me willing to switch, but unless it was displaying where those players are on the map in realtime its not really needed.

Well, it's in the first stages of development ;)

Of course interaction with the map will come too, like displaying stuff and maybe also controlling some from the map.

it only reads the files ..what could possibly go wrong :D ..?

For most time it should not do any harm. But there's a slight chance that the game wants to read one of the files while it's opened by Cumu's tool and that could make the game crash. And what a crashing game would cause can never be completely foreseen ;)

Is there a way to list admins / mods?

My script library is building up nicely but a much needed feature is to retrieve a list of admins and moderators, including ones added via console which to my knowledge are not saved permanently in admins.xml.

With a console/telnet command? Where are they stored?

Ist there any way to extend the give/li commands to include more items? I noticed that f.ex. concrete was missing.

Sure there is but I did not find out yet how to spawn blocks (currently it's items only, that's why e.g. no keystones or concrete).

And just out of curiosity, any idea when u plan on releasing the new release (with the newest server fixes)? :D

Probably later tonight ;)

Is there a way to list admins / mods?

Not yet.

With a console/telnet command? Where are they stored?

admins.xml, but only on shutdown (and only read on startup).

Release notes for the scripts show you whenever I package a new version of the mod with them. Those say v.51 contain the mod version 0.91.5356.41724, which (by looking at the release notes for the fixes) is some build between rev.147 (0.91.5355.36217) and rev. 154 (0.91.5358.38435) (so not much changed in respect to 147).

EDIT: "With steamid also players that are currently not online can be checked " means that you can view them if they have been online since this version was installed as I still have to store what they had in their inventory.

I see now... so it does work after they have connected and disconnected since I have updated to v.51 (I hadn't actually connected to the server since updating the scripts today and was wondering why it not work :D

but if they are actually online and I use the si <steamid> it just shows there inventory from the last time they connected.. but si with actual username gets current online inventory... anyway to just have steamid work in both cases.

I can confirm that si with steamid works on an online player and does show the current inventory.

Is there any way I can add more debug output or something to check why my server is crashing? It crashes daily and sometimes multiple times a day, would be nice if I could figure out why :D.