Native Linux server (with management scripts)

Alloc

Well, h3llghost is running the dedi build just fine for over a week and so am I on both my server and locally for testing purposes. So this must be a problem on your end like some weird incompatibility or broken files.

Without any further information from your side (e.g. logs) I can't do much about it.

ok, works now forget to copy SteamworksManaged.dll 32bit into 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed after update

Hey thx for your scripts. Awesome work. But I have a problem, I am not able to join my own server. Here is the Player Info from Log.

2014.07.27 23:10:42: PlayerLogin: 612489579559621456/AllocatedID: 0/HELLO MY NAME IS/..../Alpha 8.8

2014.07.27 23:10:42: ServicesGameServer not initialzed!

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Started thread_CommReader: cl=2, ch=1

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Started thread_CommWriter: cl=2, ch=1

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Started thread_CommReader: cl=2, ch=2

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Allowing player with id 2

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Started thread_CommWriter: cl=2, ch=2

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Couldn't send RPC function 'RPC_PlayerAllowed'

2014.07.27 23:10:42: OnPlayerDisconnected 2

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Exited thread_CommWriter: cl=2, ch=2

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Exited thread_CommWriter: cl=2, ch=1

2014.07.27 23:10:42: No objects for the given player ID were deleted 2

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Exited thread_CommReader: cl=2, ch=1

2014.07.27 23:10:42: Exited thread_CommReader: cl=2, ch=2

And this looks also not good (output:log.txt):

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

dlopen failed trying to load:

steamclient.so

with error:

steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.

Edited by MaximalExtrem (see edit history)

Glad it works now, but that shouldn't happen in the first place ;-) ... how did you install the stuff? Did you use the bootstrapper? (just so I can fix eventual problems so others don't run into the same trouble)

Hm, I would have expected it to be instant ... but to be honest I did not check that and did not even think of that (one of the features that's kinda hard to test with just one PC ;) ). Could even be that it only affects players that join after you used that command. Will have to test this and eventually find a way to propagate the change instantly to the clients.

Well as far as I have tested it is not instant. It does however take effect after I rejoin the server, which at the time was empty though. Definitely beats having to restart the server because I have to remove the keystones from the players.xml :D.

Howdy all, been trying to setup a server for a few friends and myself over the last two days with no luck. I've tried with fresh installs of multiple ubuntu versions and currently trying to work my way around Debian 7 however I'm running into issues actually starting the server.

I get through the whole installation process, create an instance with all the settings they want and when I go to start the server I get this error, was wondering if anyone has run into a similar issue and what the fix is.

root@108:/home/alistair# 7dtd.sh start Vultr

/usr/local/lib/7dtd/common.sh: line 63: /usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon: No such file or directory

/usr/local/lib/7dtd/common.sh: line 63: /usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon: No such file or directory

Failed!

So then I hunt down that directory, and see there's only two files there. A make file and a file called start-stop-daemon.c. So I try running the make command and get the following error.

root@108:/home/sdtd/engine# cd /usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/

root@108:/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon# make

gcc -Wall -Wextra -Wno-return-type -o start-stop-daemon start-stop-daemon.c

start-stop-daemon.c:59:25: fatal error: sys/syscall.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

make: *** [start-stop-daemon] Error 1

Some or any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to install libc6-dev. Wonder why that was installed on all my test environments by default and not for you though ... :(

Thank you so much, working perfectly now.

I have no idea either to be honest but can't believe it was something so simple.

What about those errors hinted that I needed to install libc6-dev? I tried searching those errors and had no luck.

alloc, is there an easy way to send a server msg to my players with your script's help? sorry if its obvious and i didn't spot it :)

and a minor suggestion: at the front page of your wiki, you already have a list of features. but i couldn't find a plain list of commands and their arguments. maybe if you would just put those right below the accompanying feature item... that would be super helpful.

sorry for being so demanding (bash autocompletion.. yeah)

Are you taking feature requests Alloc? :D

Ive been playing around with Hals land protection and find the features for restoring specified areas and especially deleting keystones in an area quite nice (as in actually removing them).

There probably isnt an easy way to merge both assemblies right?

You wouldnt possibly be interested in implementing something like the keystone deletion feature would you? :D

Hey I am currently trying to get this working on Ubuntu 14.04 for my server guide site. for ubuntu 12.04 it ran fine....

I have come to this error and I have re-installed but it not ad the 7daystodie.x86 file...

Here is the error showing the in logs http://imgur.com/dmBfWig

For all the commands I have run http://gameserversetup.com/7-days-to-die-server-setup-guide/# under the linux section.

Thanks for making this and its much better then running through wine.

Well, that's the problem with copying guides from other places ... The installation section on the Wiki does include the stuff that is really required ;)

(E.g. lots of the installed packages aren't required at all like Wine)

What you are most importantly missing is the linux_files-archive: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Installation#InstalltheLinuxengine

Haven't checked the other stuff in detail. I also see no reason to copy the install guide to another location. This will just result in incorrect/incomplete steps (just like it happened now) and will also not reflect further updates. If you think the install instructions on the wiki could be better in some places I'll be glad to hear your suggestions :)

Regards,

Chris

I actually own the site. I am going to blow the VM away and rebuild as I may have gotten guides mixed up together. I am just trying to compile accurate guides in one place. I will let you know after I try that one out. I know the prereqs section is wrong for ubuntu 14.04 right now.

Ill let you know in a bit.

BTW do you have a donation link?

Edited by NoxS (see edit history)

Currently:

. /usr/local/lib/7dtd/common.sh
telnetCommand <instancename> "say Hi everyone"

By commands in your suggestion you mean the things like "7dtd.sh start"?

thanks thats good enough! i'll write a short bash around that.