How do you Import Prefab??

PurgatoryWolf

Alright, so, I still cannot figure out how to get the Export Prefab menu to activate, but I did figure out how to manually export a prefab with console commands.

Got it built, and got it saved.

Now .... How do I import it into a game? there doesn't seem to be an import option or command that I can find.

-------------------------------

incase anyone needs to know how to EXPORT:

How to export with console commands:

first you want to located the two opposite corners you of the place you want to save. you will need all 3 Co-ord numbers (e/w height n/s).

xoZcR4e.png

Once you have the coords you will need to run this command

exportprefab namehere x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2

example: exportprefab 1purgwolf 2040 5 3456 2057 20 3480

This will save the area between 2040 East 3456 North 5 blocks from surface, to 2057 east 3480 north 20 blocks from surface

REMEMBER South and West will be negative numbers! you will need to make sure you add that.

*Special Thanks to Sophung for helping me work this out.

Sharing what I learned...

Using the In-Game Export Prefab feature:

- Be in Debug Mode -

*Stand at one corner and press the Z key to place your first marker. (Pressing Backspace will remove markers)

*Move to the opposite corner and press the Z key again to place your second marker. (you can also hold the key and drag it around to change sizing)

*Use the "drop" key (which is whatever key you have assigned to drop items, G by default), to adjust your positioning

*Shift + Drop Key will allow you to extend your placement

*Press Esc then Tap Export Prefab, name it, and save.

then you can load it into the prefab editor and work on it some more, and just click SAVE when you want to save it.

To import into a live game: -- Note this only seems to work in SP, Dedicated MP servers don't seem to have the option.

Make sure you have all 5 files in the proper places. Test this out on a solo game till you get the hang of it.

When you make a prefab in the editor it will go to this folder (at least for me): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs

You will need to copy all 5 files to the server files. (NIM file, INS file, JPG file, XML file, and TTS file)

Load into your game:

-Be in Debug Mode (DM)-

*Locate where you would like to place your prefab.

*Press Z to place a selector block, this block will be the Southwest corner of your prefab

*Press K to open Dynamic Menu

*Select Dynamic Prefab

*Select your Prefab from the list

*Select Load into Prefab (This will create an empty yellow box the size of your prefab, this will show you the area it will consume on placement, so you can make sure that you want to place it there. If you do not like the placement of the box, select Delete Prefab, and try again. Backspace will remove the blue selector block)

*Once you have a location you like, select Apply BB Position - WARNING: this will permanently displace the terrain. Even if you don't place it after all.

*If there is decorations (trees and such) that are still there after you place your prefab, select Repl. Active Prefab. (This will erase your prefab and any decor in the way) then use Apply BB Position again.

*Log out, when you log back in, your prefab will be placed, permanently. (I do not know how to turn off the yellow/green box without logging out)

------

there doesnt seem to be a Import Console command.

• 2 weeks later...
I have learned how to activate the Export Prefab feature..... Now I just need to know how to IMPORT into a live game? Anyone?

Get Bad Company Manager bc-import "name of prtefab" It will import. There are other commands to add placement n s e w but all you nees to do other wise is be at level you want the prefab.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not just use the World-Editor? That is what it is for and has a a lot more options. It works in conjunction with Guppycur said on the prefabs.xml and its much fast I would say.

See example here of what I was able to do with the World Editor It allows you to remove the Yellow Boxes as well or turn them back on which makes it easy to load the next prefab at the correct locations. This was absolutely needed for my sunken highways system to line up properly, once you are happy just copy over the World File to your server (make sure its a new game) and BAMMMM you are good to go.

city1.jpg

city01.jpg

prefabs.xml? This wont allow us to import things in a live game. And would require the server owner to modify the file every single time we do a new map. could this also be done weeks into a map, or would it have to be before it boots up? This is a lot of work to get around being able to use a feature that's already in the game.

I already send my prefab files to the server owner and he adds them to the game files.

If we are running a mod like CPM or BCM I can use the mod to import. But the question here is how to get the BUILT IN import to work. Not a work around.

Also, the world editor is not what we want tho.

We want to be able to load buildings that people have build into specific spots on a live server. For example, I built a "shopping mall" inside of a wolf shaped building. We want to be able to import this into a live MP game. and if more then one admin has a building they want to import, that would become a lot of work to do before each new map.

If we can export stuff, we should be able to simply import them easily like we can on SP games. I don't understand why this is disabled for MP servers, or how to turn it on if there is even a way. That's what I want to know, not a work around to get what I want. I want a way to get the feature to work in MP as it does in SP.

• 2 weeks later...

Im having an issue, im trying to replace the hospital in Navezgane, but when i put the selector block in the SW corner, the Hospital is backwards, i tried all other corners and they just offset the location to outside the area..

Is there a way to rotate the prefab before placing?

hospital.jpg.eaf74a564432f7278ff283b8af091bfd.jpg

I have tried changing the Front is: [North, South, East, West] but no change

• 3 weeks later...
Sharing what I learned...

Using the In-Game Export Prefab feature:

- Be in Debug Mode -

*Stand at one corner and press the Z key to place your first marker. (Pressing Backspace will remove markers)

*Move to the opposite corner and press the Z key again to place your second marker. (you can also hold the key and drag it around to change sizing)

*Use the "drop" key (which is whatever key you have assigned to drop items, G by default), to adjust your positioning

*Shift + Drop Key will allow you to extend your placement

*Press Esc then Tap Export Prefab, name it, and save.

then you can load it into the prefab editor and work on it some more, and just click SAVE when you want to save it.

To import into a live game: -- Note this only seems to work in SP, Dedicated MP servers don't seem to have the option.

Make sure you have all 5 files in the proper places. Test this out on a solo game till you get the hang of it.

When you make a prefab in the editor it will go to this folder (at least for me): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs

You will need to copy all 5 files to the server files. (NIM file, INS file, JPG file, XML file, and TTS file)

Load into your game:

-Be in Debug Mode (DM)-

*Locate where you would like to place your prefab.

*Press Z to place a selector block, this block will be the Southwest corner of your prefab

*Press K to open Dynamic Menu

*Select Dynamic Prefab

*Select your Prefab from the list

*Select Load into Prefab (This will create an empty yellow box the size of your prefab, this will show you the area it will consume on placement, so you can make sure that you want to place it there. If you do not like the placement of the box, select Delete Prefab, and try again. Backspace will remove the blue selector block)

*Once you have a location you like, select Apply BB Position - WARNING: this will permanently displace the terrain. Even if you don't place it after all.

*If there is decorations (trees and such) that are still there after you place your prefab, select Repl. Active Prefab. (This will erase your prefab and any decor in the way) then use Apply BB Position again.

*Log out, when you log back in, your prefab will be placed, permanently. (I do not know how to turn off the yellow/green box without logging out)

------

there doesnt seem to be a Import Console command.

I know this thread is a couple of months told but I'm following the import steps you listed. When I reblog the prefab is no longer there

Im having an issue, im trying to replace the hospital in Navezgane, but when i put the selector block in the SW corner, the Hospital is backwards, i tried all other corners and they just offset the location to outside the area..

Is there a way to rotate the prefab before placing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27400[/ATTACH]

I have tried changing the Front is: [North, South, East, West] but no change

a bit late..but hit "x" to rotate the "pasted" area

- - - Updated - - -

I know this thread is a couple of months told but I'm following the import steps you listed. When I reblog the prefab is no longer there

If i understand u correctly: U need to hit "strg+v" twice to insert the copy. ( "crtl+v" in english :D )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a problem with doing this...

After I placed the prefab and saved then load up the game I see the prefab, but when I get close to it then it disappears. I back away and it appears again. No clue what I did wrong.

Anyone know how to fix this?

• 6 months later...
I have a problem with doing this...

After I placed the prefab and saved then load up the game I see the prefab, but when I get close to it then it disappears. I back away and it appears again. No clue what I did wrong.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry to quote you, there was no "reply" just "reply with quote" option.

I can paste in the pre-fab, but when i log out and back in, the pasted prefab is missing, as if it didnt save. ideas?

edit: this is on a dedicated multiplayer

edit2: i have also tried BCM, the console says it loaded the prefab but nothing actually loads

Archived