How to deal with STAMINA issue.

PerroDeHierro

How to deal with STAMINA issue. A way to start.

Are you fighting and the walking dead overrun because you cant move?

Do you want to run through the countryside but feels prisoner?

hmmm .... let's see ...

you're thirsty?

Don´t you know, right?

There is the problem.

But calm, it's not your fault,

the fault is for TFP for not putting in HUD something logical and normal as knowing if you are hungry or thirsty. ;)

And now its even more serious because the level of hunger and thirst we are matters so much. Directly affects the stamina.

If you are hungry, you will get tired sooner.

If you are thirsty, you will take longer to recover.

And when using stamina, hunger and thirst decay.

If you are not attentive to your markers you will end up feeling like a geriatric veteran,

If you have problems with stamina let me recommend you how to act, because until I understood it didnt like so much.

My recommendations for the USE of STAMINA:

The first and essential is to raise the limit to 120% (Agility Perk level 2). This margin is extremely useful, and cheap.

Available from the first day, 5th minute of the game, use only two of the five points of the tutorial to obtain it.

Multitask:

The stamina is spent soon, but it also recovers quickly.

Forget about spamming the button, you have to move to bursts.

Try running for 3 seconds and walk only one, again, run 3 and walk one.

In this way you get a stable consumption. and you keep all the stamina available.

It's not so bad, right?

Let's take advantage of those breaks.

Find nests...take rocks... open garbage, look for animals, and above all, take the opportunity to look around. Your life depends on that.

If you enter in combat, go back and wait them, combine powerful shot and arrows,

Turn and see who or what is behind. And turn around again, you already have stamina full.

But you can´t always want or will do it, then use personal defenses:

Indoors, use hatchet like a door, stop them and allow you to hit.

Outdoors barbed wire fence works wonders. The best personal defense. If they dont run, neither do you.

Never leave home without a handful of these in your belt.

For health problems caused by the fight you can put the 3rd point of the five of the tuto in Healing Factor Perk, 1HP every 30 sec. You will save worries. And make a lot of normal bandages.

I dont have water! I dont have food!:

If you think that you are going to lack water or food you can get ahead and put points in the Recovery Perks (Slow metabolism and Fully Hidrated)

sooner or later you have to upload them, better now, with other two points from the five of the tutorial.

But if you lack water you know in the North there is snow, and you only need a can and a campfire.

And if there is a lack of food, go hunting. Yes, there are animals, many more than before, and they give 5 times more meat! ;)

Cant you find animals?

The animals spawn by zones and in groups, if you see one sure there are 5 more around. You can come back with more than one stack of meat.

If you kill one, in this chunk they will not appear again in a few days, so you should move your ass to eat.

Go hunting far away, to a place you havent been and sure you find.

And now lets talk about it:

Do we want thirst and hunger to affect us? I do.

How much should this affect us? They are waiting for our opinion.

For now I like it, I still need to know to what extent it can be improved with the perks,

but we must understand at the beginning it must be the most difficult stage.

Do you know where I see the problem?

in the construction, the damage that dead people do to the blocks.

I think if only inversely completely this aspect we would have something more real and immersive,

we could be scared to death hiding in a wood cottage in the middle of the forest, while the living dead hit the walls ..

Remember?

Yes! This is the spirit!

I want do this!! and being safe!!

please make spikes great again !!

and we want more traps! bear traps!

and maybe... more xp for craft and build? yes...

Great post and good strategies for stamina. My only nitpick is that you said there is no on screen indicator for hunger. That’s not true. Hunger = Max Stamina so that literally is your hunger bar and it is right there in front of you at all times.

You are correct about water. There is no on screen indicator for water. You get pop ups but nothing permanently on the screen.

I’ve found myself multi tasking much more in A17 so I totally agree that those who do this effectively will function better.

I've never seen animals in groups. It's always been a lone pig or deer, and usually not more than one a day if I go cross-country rather than POI looting. I got lucky and had a farm POI with pig spawns inside, so, that's meat and hide every zombie refresh, which seems like once a day, but is probably 2-3.

The best stamina skills i've found are Sex Rex and Slow Metabolism and Pack Mule.

Rule 1 makes sprinting more efficient, but without Pack Mule, the benefits of sprinting in the first place are moot when under load.

Slow Metabolism, on the other hand, can significantly reduce natural max stamina loss and improve max stamina gain. This makes stamina management more efficient, simply because you can keep at peak for longer (which can make or break survival if you get infected). Food = Max Stamina %, so every can of cat food and sham is essentially a stamina item. That means that food % can influence MORE points of stamina as your natural cap increases with Agility. Going from 100% to 75% stamina without Agility drops you only 25 points, but you lose 30 points when you have 120 stamina (with Agility 3) in the same amount of time without Slow Metabolism.

Also, Ive found the perks do much more than they seem. I remember my first day, I was stamina starved all the time. I saved the perks for the night, to have time to decide. I cant even remember what I chose, but it sure didnt look that pwoerful, -10% cost here +15% regeneration there, and not much else.

Well, with such small percentajes I switched from beeing stamina starved all the time to not having much problems again. Just on day 2 and having invested a couple of perks.

Great post and good strategies for stamina. My only nitpick is that you said there is no on screen indicator for hunger. That’s not true. Hunger = Max Stamina so that literally is your hunger bar and it is right there in front of you at all times.

You are correct about water. There is no on screen indicator for water. You get pop ups but nothing permanently on the screen.

I’ve found myself multi tasking much more in A17 so I totally agree that those who do this effectively will function better.

Also there is multiple modlets that add food/water to the hud, if people would just look in the mod section for a min or 2. WOuld be nice if there was a water bar, but honestly, is it that hard to check? also stamina use doesn't seem to effect thirst, because I am always way more hungry than thirsty on my char.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Ive found the perks do much more than they seem. I remember my first day, I was stamina starved all the time. I saved the perks for the night, to have time to decide. I cant even remember what I chose, but it sure didnt look that pwoerful, -10% cost here +15% regeneration there, and not much else.

Well, with such small percentajes I switched from beeing stamina starved all the time to not having much problems again. Just on day 2 and having invested a couple of perks.

Getting Sex Rex level 1 should be a oal to do second you get any points, with 1 point in it, you can now use the stone axe and never run out of stamina using it, well, I am sure you would if you kept swinging it for 30 real life mins. With lv 1 sex rex i literally chopped open a safe and still had stamina left after using a stone axe. Alot of the perks seem to have small values but they often help a lot more than you think they would.

I've never seen animals in groups. It's always been a lone pig or deer, and usually not more than one a day if I go cross-country rather than POI looting. I got lucky and had a farm POI with pig spawns inside, so, that's meat and hide every zombie refresh, which seems like once a day, but is probably 2-3.

I think a good number of the spawns are rabbits and chickens which for me are much harder to spot, especially in the forest or anywhere with tall grass. Unless they run across an open patch of road or ground, I rarely know they're there. Maybe that's the issue?

Also there is multiple modlets that add food/water to the hud, if people would just look in the mod section for a min or 2. WOuld be nice if there was a water bar, but honestly, is it that hard to check? also stamina use doesn't seem to effect thirst, because I am always way more hungry than thirsty on my char.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting Sex Rex level 1 should be a oal to do second you get any points, with 1 point in it, you can now use the stone axe and never run out of stamina using it, well, I am sure you would if you kept swinging it for 30 real life mins. With lv 1 sex rex i literally chopped open a safe and still had stamina left after using a stone axe. Alot of the perks seem to have small values but they often help a lot more than you think they would.

I thought the new Sex T-rex perk only affected stamina recovery in melee? Or did that change in the recent patch?

Archived