A17 Are there are ore vains underground in Navezgane?

SuppleZombieKitten

If you play an unmodded game, why do you even need undeground ores? You get better resourses from the boulders. Well, except Oil Shale.

I personally dislike that and modded it so surface boulders give only stone and I have to mine underground for ores. I'm playing Navezgane too, so I even had to read the journal entries to find what ore in what biome. It says most ores are near bedrock. So I dig closer to bedrock and go parallel it until I hit gravel. Digging gravel gives some ore as well, it is the indication what ore is nearby. So I found some ores, but not much, haven't found big ore veins so far, but enough to make 2 000 bullets.

Yes there are. The house up the road from the farm, (west) the hills around it? Dig at the house floor level, start at the road western part of the ridge. Iron there.

There USED to be nitrate under that house, and under the barn. Haven't checked that yet.

The iron I did find though. (used to use that house as a base, and level the much smaller hills around it, so tried a bit on that corner, and yep, iron)

If you play an unmodded game, why do you even need undeground ores? You get better resourses from the boulders. Well, except Oil Shale.

I personally dislike that and modded it so surface boulders give only stone and I have to mine underground for ores. I'm playing Navezgane too, so I even had to read the journal entries to find what ore in what biome. It says most ores are near bedrock. So I dig closer to bedrock and go parallel it until I hit gravel. Digging gravel gives some ore as well, it is the indication what ore is nearby. So I found some ores, but not much, haven't found big ore veins so far, but enough to make 2 000 bullets.

mining kinda givces you something to do rather thsn wait for the day

If you play an unmodded game, why do you even need undeground ores? You get better resourses from the boulders. .

Maybe on solo? If you are mining for gunpowder to support multiple players, the surface boulders no longer cut it in A17 sadly, they've been seriously nerfed. There are too few, too thinly spread, and yield per boulder is far too small (and yes I have all the strength perks for mining at 4/5 and steel tools).

In A17, you are forced to mine.

Archived