Why i cant take more than 30 FPS? Help with my pc survivors! =)

Yisiscreise

Hello! I recently bought an Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51-50Y7

Those are the specifications:

Intel Core i5-8300H

8 GB RAM

1000 GB HDD

128 GB SSD

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

So i can play the game, but the problem i see with the FPS is interesting for me, because i have the same fps and the same momentary drops to 3 fps when i play the game with the 1080p res and with the lowest res (640*480).

I tested changing the res from 1080p until i reached the lowest resolution and always the same fps, so i'm thinking about what can i do to change that, because i think a 1060 6gb and an i5-8300h (witch is better than an i7-7700hq) should be able to reach the 60 fps.

I dont know if he problem is the RAM, but in fact the game doesnt take more than 5 gb so, i dont know what can i do.

Tested to desactivate V-sync and nothing changed

I've seen the game use up to 13 GB of ram on many occasions.

As far as A17 goes, however, try turning down the trees and see if that doesn't fix your problem.

There's still some tuning to do for A17.

Right now all we have is experimental.... and that means troubles.

Lots of people with really decked out computers are getting FPS drops.

It's going to be like that for a bit until TFP fix things.

So what if the trees don't look super duper HD?

Better to have the frame rate for now right?

Intel Core i5-8300H

8 GB RAM

1000 GB HDD

128 GB SSD

So i can play the game, but the problem i see with the FPS is interesting for me, because i have the same fps and the same momentary drops to 3 fps when i play the game with the 1080p res and with the lowest res (640*480).

I tested changing the res from 1080p until i reached the lowest resolution and always the same fps, so i'm thinking about what can i do to change that, because i think a 1060 6gb and an i5-8300h (witch is better than an i7-7700hq) should be able to reach the 60 fps.

I dont know if he problem is the RAM, but in fact the game doesnt take more than 5 gb so, i dont know what can i do.

This build is really not running well even on 1080Ti people are sometimes not getting 60fps in POI. Not much can do to get better fps if already tried lower rez and adjusting visual settings. Just have to wait and hope they fix it.

I've seen the game use up to 13 GB of ram on many occasions.

As far as A17 goes, however, try turning down the trees and see if that doesn't fix your problem.

There's still some tuning to do for A17.

Right now all we have is experimental.... and that means troubles.

Lots of people with really decked out computers are getting FPS drops.

It's going to be like that for a bit until TFP fix things.

So what if the trees don't look super duper HD?

Better to have the frame rate for now right?

I will try with the trees, but i tried with the shadows and even with the "drawn distance" changing it to near and the same fps, thats why im thinking that the problem is not my processor or my nvidia card.

But i'm going to try the trees idea later and make an update, thanks for your reply! =)

This build is really not running well even on 1080Ti people are sometimes not getting 60fps in POI. Not much can do to get better fps if already tried lower rez and adjusting visual settings. Just have to wait and hope they fix it.

I know man, but in my other pc (i5-8600k 16GB RAM 1070Ti 8GB) it runs at 60 fps so yes, my other pc is perfect, but its not a laptop, so i want find the way to solve this problem in my laptop cause i think that even being a laptop is a great pc.

Thanks for your reply too! =)

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick note to RAM ... My RAM is atm at 50 % .... and i have 64 Gig ... so *cough* it takes more than 5 gb :distrust:

That's the ram usage i got im my other pc, how much ram are your game using? That's the point i want to talk with u guys, if the problem is the RAM, i think it can be the problem, but i dont want spend 100 or 180 euros in a RAM upgrade without explore all the possible causes

This build is not really optimized well. You can get 60 fps and then drop to 30 fps or even below.

Intel Core i5-8300H

8 GB RAM

1000 GB HDD

128 GB SSD

I've been playing since 2015 and FPS really has taken a back seat as long as I can remember so probably shouldn't expect much, maybe not until it gets into beta where all the assets are finalized and they can actually work on optimization. I've found that resolution really doesn't have that much of an impact so just play at whatever your monitor's native resolution is and just play around with the graphics settings to get it to a point that you can live with.

I haven't played A17 yet (waiting for a bit more polish and the stable release) but on A16, I get a pretty steady 80-90 fps. Disabling shadows and sun shafts gets me an extra 20-30 fps. CPU usage sticks around 50% while GPU sticks around 99% and RAM usage is at 20GB for the system (the game itself uses around 10GB)

Intel Xeon E5-1650v2

64 GB RAM

256 SSD

3440x1440 100hz

Intel Core i7 3.33Ghz

9 GB Ram (Tri Channel)

Radeon RX 550 with 4G of GDDR5 Ram

1920by1080

I turn off shadows, vsync, SSIO (or whatever), Textures at half, no sunlight stuff, FOV 95, Trees Med or less.

Runs like a dream. I never check the FPS cuz it hasn't been an issue. I was using a GTX260 to play 16.4 and I upgraded to the Radeon.

Maybe everyone already knows this, but I'll post it anyway. Anything with just GT (instead of GTX) isn't going to perform as well. GDDR5 seems to run better than the others. Tri Channel Ram performs really well, but I havent seen it on anything other than Alienware.

Ive never been able to afford a brand new nvidia card, but the ones I have owned were never as good as the Radeons in the same price range. I got tired of the constant driver updates (that were "required") but never did anything for the cards I owned.

Good Luck!

This build is not really optimized well. You can get 60 fps and then drop to 30 fps or even below.

yes, those drops are amazing x-D

- - - Updated - - -

Intel Core i7 3.33Ghz

9 GB Ram (Tri Channel)

Radeon RX 550 with 4G of GDDR5 Ram

1920by1080

I turn off shadows, vsync, SSIO (or whatever), Textures at half, no sunlight stuff, FOV 95, Trees Med or less.

Runs like a dream. I never check the FPS cuz it hasn't been an issue. I was using a GTX260 to play 16.4 and I upgraded to the Radeon.

Maybe everyone already knows this, but I'll post it anyway. Anything with just GT (instead of GTX) isn't going to perform as well. GDDR5 seems to run better than the others. Tri Channel Ram performs really well, but I havent seen it on anything other than Alienware.

Ive never been able to afford a brand new nvidia card, but the ones I have owned were never as good as the Radeons in the same price range. I got tired of the constant driver updates (that were "required") but never did anything for the cards I owned.

Good Luck!

turned off v-sync and trees in medium right now and i earned some fps, now it is around 50 fps but the main question i have still there, where is the problem? the RAM?

- - - Updated - - -

Lights, they all kill fps. Some testing by one of my players.

"Normal electrical lights drop your FPS down by 5 to 10

Fire lighting drops your FPS down by 10 to 20"

yes but what is the main problem? thats what i dont get, need more ram or what?

Right now i am only getting between 36 and 46 FPS. However, its not the hardware that is the issue. Its purely the lack of optimization on the software side that is the main issue

My Rig is

2x Xeon E5 2667 v2's

48gb 1600 ddr3 ECC

GTX 1080

500gb ssd

When i run task manager in the background, i never go above 4% cpu utilization, 9.6 gb of memory and 50% GPU utilization. So as you can see, its entirely a software optimization problem.

Right now i am only getting between 36 and 46 FPS. However, its not the hardware that is the issue. Its purely the lack of optimization on the software side that is the main issue

My Rig is

2x Xeon E5 2667 v2's

48gb 1600 ddr3 ECC

GTX 1080

500gb ssd

When i run task manager in the background, i never go above 4% cpu utilization, 9.6 gb of memory and 50% GPU utilization. So as you can see, its entirely a software optimization problem.

Yes i know, but in all the alphas the optimization is getting worse, so im looking for where can i improve it, u have 9,6gb of ram usage, so i think im going to purchase 8gb more of ram to get 16gb.

But the main problem is what u say, they have to do a good optimization, this game eats too much

Archived