My two cent about A17

Hryllingur

Hey guys,

just my two cent about the alpha 17. You are welcome to harass me for my view :strawberry:

First of all i have to say i LOVE the new POI's ... they are getting more and more realistic.

And i love those Mini-Events that can kill you if you are unlucky like "Hey, jumping on the couch to get the chest ... woops, i felt and have many zombies around *screams*"

The new Skill-Tree is nice too. I like the Idea. Why not going on this way? Why don't you let the player choose his way in the beginning? Every one had a life before the Zombie-Apokalpyse. Why not start as Soldier near a military camp, with some gear? Or as Cop? Librarian? Some books or something cool ... Engineer, Biker, etc.

I think, people would love it. Just a bit more Variety ... so that playing is not like "Hey, we are all the same College dropouts and can't do anything ... Wheres mommy?"

Next thing is the heightmap and the mapmaking ... i have seen roads with nearly 90 degree downwards. How the hell shall we pass them ;) - Or nearly flying houses. Think theres some work to do.

The Idea to improve the weapons with modifications is just loveley. Go on with this. Really top!

As i noticed that we can't loot Zombies any longer i thought it would become a bit useless to kill them, but meanwhile i got convinced that its cool though. Nice that they have the chance to drop something, but 391 kills for one bag? :( Or am i just unlucky as hell? (Does anyone know the percent for a drop?)

When i place a block and dont have another one of this kind, i punch directly after placing. Thats not cool :p (hit my car ... and now my knuckles hurt)

btw knuckles ... eww ... car. That honk. Really? I mean ... REALLY? Just imagine Mad Max (the newer one) ... Imagine the Truck. With THAT HONK ... How shall you take him seriously?

Aaaand again the car. What modifiers can you install? Found "Dye" without effect and Engine Upgrade. Something else? Hope there will be real spikes (at the moment you can hit a Zombie without doing damage) and Armor for the tires.

One point that is really f*ing me up are the sleepers. Not the sleepers itself, they are a really cool Idea, but the point that they respawn. Respawn even when im close. Solution? Respawn is okay ... But maybe docked to the option when a container is lootable again. You can tell the bookcase that its refreshed in 5 days. So you can tell the Sleeper-Node the same, i think?

Another annoying point are the dogs. I found a little car-compound. Jumped in, stand in front of two dogs. Screamed, turned around and jumped out. They attacked an old car to come out too ... the car exploded after two hits. Wow. And you know what? The dogs survived. The balancing is a bit wrong, i think. Dogs should'nt be able to bite Stone and metal.

And then ... last but not least ... The time-scale. I hate it to need three hours for just 2 km ... maybe you could add another scale? Shouldnt be that hard, i hope. And people can choose how they want to play ... Playin' in REAL TIME would be cool too ;)

Thats all of mine ... maybe later, if theres something else to tell.

Your doin good work! Go on, im curious for the end.

Seems that the "Clean Zombies" T4 Quest-POI "Business_Strip_Old_3" is bugged. In the Sofa-Rent-Room the exclamation mark is always blinking, even when ALL Zombies are dead. Made it three times now. No change. Navezgane.

Btw ... you can reset the quest easy with restarting the server during the quest. That means you can do it over and over to get the loot.

Got a 4x4 today. Made some Quests, put in the stuff. Drove to a city to loot it. But first, i wanted to eat something ...

Logged out while sitting in the car, logged in later and woops, the car has gone. Tried to rebuild the bug, but nope.

Edit: Cars Logic is a bit odd ... drive slowly, REALLY SLOW, against a wall. You'll break it soon ... would be better to calculate the damage with the speed you have. No DmgOnHit.

Second Thing ... Driving over your bridges is cruel and will break them soon.

Third thing: Those Spikes in front of the car. Deal damage to walls like a auger, but i cant kill a Zombie with full speed. Wow. Suggestion? Remove the spikes. Make them as Modification. With REAL Damage. Damage to Mobs higher. Depending on Speed. Damage on Blocks lower.

Aaaand another Bug.

I made a new game to play tomorrow with a friend. Generated the map (Zagono Territory, Random, 8k)

After joining, i exited the map to go back to my old save. Navezgane.

I was wondering why theres the "New Game Animation" again and i was on another place than usual.

I checked the map: Everthing strange. Thats not Navezgane. Left the game, checked the menu ... and now theres an additional Game with Zagono Territory, and the name of my OLD, singleplayer, savegame. :bi_polo:

Means i have three games now. The old singleplayergame with Navezgane, the mp-game for tomorrow with Zagono and now another one. With Zagono but the name of the SP-Game

I agree with most of the OP comments and Thank goodness that it's still experimental and still in Alpha.

I prefer my zombies as the traditional walking dead NOT super mutant zombies as currently the zombies are not realistic and can destroy a vault or reinforced cement wall like it's a hot knife thru butter.

I am glad that the TFP fully support mods but it would be very helpful to include more tweaks (e.g. zombies run/walk) in the server option or game settings to simply the process, this way people would not need to heavily modify the XML files each build.

I agree on most points. LOLd about the horn, yeah, it's lame. The new POIs are ♥♥♥♥ing amazing.

Sleepers better than A16, I haven't had a problem with them respawning while I was clearing the building in A17. At least I don't think I have, I've chalked it up to waking up the whole house and/or not having cleared the area outside and zeds following me in.

Mh, seems that it consumes no dye, when i try to paint blocks.

Just painting them a color doesn't but choosing a texture does. Not sure if it's bug or intended. Probably bug.

I agree with most of the OP comments and Thank goodness that it's still experimental and still in Alpha.

I prefer my zombies as the traditional walking dead NOT super mutant zombies as currently the zombies are not realistic and can destroy a vault or reinforced cement wall like it's a hot knife thru butter.

I am glad that the TFP fully support mods but it would be very helpful to include more tweaks (e.g. zombies run/walk) in the server option or game settings to simply the process, this way people would not need to heavily modify the XML files each build.

Me too, but TFP absolutely don't agree, and then even if they wanted to have epic-sized hordes of weak zombies the game engine won't handle it, so best we can hope for is slight tweaks and more optional settings.

Just painting them a color doesn't but choosing a texture does. Not sure if it's bug or intended. Probably bug.

Mh, now i have to ask .. wheres the difference between painting and choosing the texture? (and just to get sure ... really just an informative question, no rude agression or something ;) )

I switch to the brush-tool. I press "R" and choose "Brick Wall" and right-click on my wall. I think thats texturing? No paint consumed.

And then theres the other option (when pressed "R") but it does the same to the wall ...

I remember A16, where i painted more than a block.

Mh, now i have to ask .. wheres the difference between painting and choosing the texture? (and just to get sure ... really just an informative question, no rude agression or something ;) )

I switch to the brush-tool. I press "R" and choose "Brick Wall" and right-click on my wall. I think thats texturing? No paint consumed.

And then theres the other option (when pressed "R") but it does the same to the wall ...

I remember A16, where i painted more than a block.

Yeah, that's what I mean by texturing, as opposed to it just painting it red. Mostly I've only done the old supply crate textures, which used paint, but this was initial A17 build, I don't think I've bothered since. Decorating is kinda a late game activity to me.

You can still do multiple blocks too, but I haven't figured out all the options yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Mh.

Self crafted Steel-Pickaxe isn't able to hold Mods? ItemLvl 5 ... Found Pickaxe with the same level is ... cheated blablabla ... too.

Shovel Level 5 = 1 ModSlot?

Next thing ... You can "farm" as many corn as you want. Just stand away a bit and hit it ... you'll get corn without destroying it

• 2 weeks later...
Dont know, if anyone cares, but hey ... i dont care.

You can exploit electrical parts. 4 to craft a light. Wrench it to get 8 with perk.

Really is that true?

You should probably post that as a bug.

That's definitely an exploit.

Then again... how are TFP going to deal with that?

There's got to be a lot of things that are doing that.

It's part of the problem with thing kind of system.

Hmm.....

Is does cost you forged steel, however, to repair the wrench.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the best horde night ... is this blur effect intended? If yes ... why? *cries*

If i want to play a game, i cant focus anything i would set my resolution back to 720*380.

So i hope its just a bug.

Why do you use bars?

Are they any good or is that from an pre-existing prefab?

I've just never built with them other than for decoration.

Just those three in the middle. So that spiders cant jump to us ... because we focus the heads of the others.

Oh those are regular bars!

Sorry I didn't see until just now.

I thought those were the Jail bars.

That's odd, I never noticed the blur!

Now it's all I'm going to see when I play.

6otMCyA.gif

You think that's permanent?

I certainly hope not.

I know they weren't working right.

You could shoot through some parts and others not... or something.

Hopefully they get fixed and come back.

I found them fun to build with.

Jail doors were amazing when combined with dart traps. For both modes.

Archived