When you die on Horde Night...

Morloc

Your base defenses were breached.

Your ammo ran out, and yes, you threw the gun at a zombie!

You jumped off the roof of your compromised cobblestone compound and ran...hoping to survive the night...

...but alas your stamina (quickly) runs dry, and your fate is sealed.

It's 22:48.

Miraculously your fate is not permanent! Mysterious stranger? Divine intervention? Who knows; but you decide if you're going to wake up on your bed or near it. Maybe it's still in the rubble that you were defending? Maybe you placed it strategically nearby...it doesn't matter! Zombie engineers have tagged you with a tracking device, and will be coming for you the moment you come to.

What do you do now? You're already worse off than you were when you just lost. Hungry, sprinting zombies are coming for you. Even if you have thought ahead and have stashes of backup gear, your defenses are toast....you gonna' die.

How did ~you~ avoid racking up the deaths?

-Morloc

Back up plans ;)

I basically mistakenly compromised our whole defense on Day 21 by leaving the frame stairs still in place and the zombies just flooded upstairs.

We both evaded and sought higher ground, I did several laps of the first floor awning/roof laying spikes and shooting till I could pillar up to the next rooftop.

We both survived and killed off the entire horde that had the usual compliment of radiated wights and cops.

I know its not comparing the same situation but always have an escape/backup plan was the key.

This just happened to my friend and I a couple hours ago. Base was compromised and collapsed by 23:00. We both took off running with our bows and had a chain of 15+ zombies following us and a couple dogs. When they were lined up, they didn't seem to want to pass the zombie in front of them, so when they would get hit with an arrow and get stunned, the rest would pause long enough for us to retreat. We literally just took turns shooting and falling back until every single one was dead.

Made it through the night on default settings without dying :smile-new:

It seems possible to run away from everything, even on low stamina just let go of sprint a few seconds and repeat. Zombies run a lot slower a17 and this is on Insane always run.

Stun is still the main killer, have some beers on toolbelt. With the spike nerf and iron tools locked I don't feel the need to build a base yet. Focus on my survival and melee skills first.

Archived