LCB changes and the public PVE build community

V0ids

New rule: Only 1 LCB active per player.

Preamble: This discussion is specific to 'PVE public servers' only, and does not concern PVP servers, PVE friend-servers, or close knit communities. Specifically its about public servers using the PVE toggle that hosts strangers.

Problem: Currently (A16 and previous) the way you prevented strangers from breaking into a player's base (on PVE servers where that activity is expressly forbidden) was the LCB coverage area. Its effect granted immunity to player damage and served as a way to lock your base from intrusion. With the changes to the LCB system, players can no longer safe-guard multiple outposts. Nor can they use multiple LCB's to protect a well defined area, unless they increase the default LCB claim area causing huge wastes of area to be affected.

Speaking from personal experience, I've seen and built mega structures ranging from 150 to 300 blocks wide, and filled the area with vast custom structures and beautiful landscapes. But without the option to cover the area with LCB protections, it's subject to harassment by unwanted destruction or griefing. This will ultimately lead to a massive headache for future Admins to handle, and will simply result in a 'Build tall' policy. "You have X amount of space. But you can dig down, or build up". That's it.

Please consider adding a separate "PVE Claim Block" to restore the previous functionality for servers that choose to implement it. Without the option by default, the server has no choice but to either go into the Modded category (which leads to a loss of exposure), or to deal with the hassle of the default system.

There's no clear winner here for us in the PVE community. We just lose our most important tool.

I'd like to end by saying that I'm deeply impressed by all the changes I've seen and am dying to play this amazing new Alpha. The Fun Pimps have really delivered a stellar game. But please, give us the tools to police ourselves.

I've and many many more friends/community build structures purely for the "community aspect". This is purely for a PVE server where as a community we would build towns to get the newer players to the game the ability to get some ok gear and maybe get a leg up and make it easier for them to survive. Please (and I beg of you) at least enable server owners to mitigate as to how many bases/landclaim blocks each person is able to use. the admins on servers have a big enough job as it is in regards to dealing with griefers. Lets face it there's heaps of people out there who just love to wreck someone's day. Even if it's a pve server.

As I've said on another post thankyou for continually supporting the game and bringing in new things...….. but this Land ClaimBlock restriction is a massive gamechanger for myself and a lot of other people that I have on my friends list.

Please reconsider or adjust :(

Im actually FOR it but only because our servers build community towns. We grew tired of our Alexandria type builds always spawning a zombie somewhere and with this change our gated community will be truly gated now.

BUT i can understand WHY people are upset. I read a suggestion that there should be TWO blocks, one for a single person that you can have multiples of and one for groups that acts like a group claim. THAT would have been the best way to go i think.

Can't admins just spawn more LCBs for that sort of thing? Seems like they just removed the recipe for it, not its actual functionality.

No. Read the patch notes:

• You can only have one active land claim block but the claim area is much larger.
  • Claim blocks are cheap to craft and repair. Placing another will instantly deactivate but not destroy your previous one.
  • The claim area prevents zombie respawn.

Just to throw another wrench in their plans- Its 5 small stones to create an LCB & the new timer is 0:27 secs for an 8k HP building block. So.. walls built of inactive LCB's at level 1.

Edit: The previous LCB's become 1hp.

Archived