Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=DarkNightsComing;58386]I just want to say... I love you man (of course no homo kind) ;0)[/QUOTE] Damn... There goes my chance to get luckly... Alas, the search continues... [QUOTE=DarkNightsComing;58469] How do I create .ex (export) files :0) I want to test this out too. [/QUOTE] I've made the post for the mod now, it's [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7669-MOD-Hal-s-land-protection-and-editor-integration-v0-1"]here[/URL]

Thanks Hal, great job with the editor. +1, I am using a laptop and have noticed that when I use a monitor I can get full access to you controls, however when I use the laptop screen only, the window gets cut just under the "Go To Layer" button. No matter the resolution I can't make the full screen window show the bottom controls. nor is there a windowed scroll bar to move the page up or down. Do you have a recommended resolution for this? Also I know you have planned the top side 3d views at some point, but do you have any plans or do you know of any working texture viewer for 7D2D? this would help in creating the prefabs and knowing if the textures belong together... now it's all trial and error. Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;58557] however when I use the laptop screen only, the window gets cut just under the "Go To Layer" button.[/QUOTE] Hi Wsiegel. I think you may have confused my editor with AussieWombats. I don't have a "Go To Layer" button but his does. As for the 3D / Texture stuff it's grimreefer24601 that you want to talk too. He's made the asset extractor and 3D region viewer (it's awesome, check it out [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7096-Region-Editor-Status-Discussion-and-Screenshots"]here[/URL]) Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;58537]Damn... There goes my chance to get luckly... Alas, the search continues... [/URL][/QUOTE] I laughed my @ss off, too funny bro. I caught the other thread, great freaking job. I'm about to figure out how to export and test the tool for any issues or ideas I can put up here for your consideration. :0) +1000000 Rep Cheers

Update time! Usual [URL="http://bit.ly/OMgN82"]download[/URL] Now you can have your very own live-in (but not living) zombies! Updated: Changed the position and layout of the recent block list. Added: Insert Entities into the prefab. This includes Zombies, Cars, Animals and supply crates. With the recent block list change I'm just looking at ways of utilising space in case I need to add more dialogues/info areas. Have a play with it. If everyone hates it then it's easy enough to change back. To add entities on the map there's 2 new radio boxes on the top left of the form that will toggle either the block info or the entity info. Choose the entity you want and click on a block to add it. You can use the Info radio box to check the details and set rotation. I'm not sure how spawning will work. I'm assuming it's a one-off spawn when the chunk loads for the first time but should be handy if you want a specific zombie in a specific place. And I think we can all agree this means we can insist on Ekk0's prefabs always having a stag on the roof :D Have fun, Hal

Well I loaded an existing prefab and added a simple pig entity to the inside of the prefab. I copied the prefab over and reset the region and started the game... no pig spawned. x rot = 0, Y rot = 0, and Z rot =0 not sure if I had to do anything else? tried a burnt zombie that also didn't work with spawn set to normal. Not sure if you intended it, but all animals placed show up as a stag icon on the map. no biggie. I did find your "already a zombie here.. move along"... :).

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;59124]Well I loaded an existing prefab and added a simple pig entity to the inside of the prefab. I copied the prefab over and reset the region and started the game... no pig spawned. x rot = 0, Y rot = 0, and Z rot =0 not sure if I had to do anything else? tried a burnt zombie that also didn't work with spawn set to normal. Not sure if you intended it, but all animals placed show up as a stag icon on the map. no biggie. I did find your "already a zombie here.. move along"... :).[/QUOTE] The editor will always save straight into the prefab folder. If you want backups create a separate folder and keep the backups there. Use the 7DTD prefab folder as your working folder and it should work. If not send me a copy of your prefab and I'll check it out. Cheers, Hal

Thanks so much, Ha... So I was coping back the unedited file back into my prefabs and erasing what I had just done. Thanks for the quick response, it worked like a charm... Also good to note that even with no zombie spawn, I still get those set in the prefab... [ insert evil grin here ] could make for some interesting moments with players testing with the no zombie setting. :)

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;59161]Thanks so much, Ha... So I was coping back the unedited file back into my prefabs and erasing what I had just done. Thanks for the quick response, it worked like a charm... Also good to note that even with no zombie spawn, I still get those set in the prefab... [ insert evil grin here ] could make for some interesting moments with players testing with the no zombie setting. :)[/QUOTE] I'm willing to bet that the fat cop zombie that spawns in the police department spawns this way. Thanks for the update Hal. I'll check it out on my next night off.

[QUOTE=Ekk0;59283]I'm willing to bet that the fat cop zombie that spawns in the police department spawns this way. [/QUOTE] That's exactly right. It's what allowed me to figure it all out. Looks like it's old code from before they had spawner entities, that's why it works even with spawning off. As 7.8 has been delayed it's going to be a day of bug hunting so hopefully the problems you guys have been having will get sorted soon.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;59379]That's exactly right. It's what allowed me to figure it all out. Looks like it's old code from before they had spawner entities, that's why it works even with spawning off. As 7.8 has been delayed it's going to be a day of bug hunting so hopefully the problems you guys have been having will get sorted soon.[/QUOTE] Hey Hal, I haven't tried the new entity spawner feature yet in your latest build. So from what I am reading this adds spawns in differently than what is specified within the entityspawner and entities xml files? I wonder if adding spawners this way will allow respawning after a given time of no players being around. I know TFPs added some type of variable where you zombies don't respawn at a POI unless it has been player abandoned for x amount of days. Guess only way to find out is to tester it out. Sit day night cycle super low and left a few days past then revist POI after clearing it several days before.

Hi Laz Man, The entities are stored in the prefab itself so no need for changes in the spawners XML file. I've not tested but I think it's a one-off spawn when the chunk loads for the first time (there's no code that I can find for checking respawn options). I think it's old code from before they had spawners. Handy for SP games as you'll usually be entering a building the first time a chunk loads (and there's cars in there to help with decoration). I've used it to add some zombies into your bunkers on my server today. It makes sense that some might in down there but you wouldn't want re-spawns in that kind of location. Great mod BTW :) Hal [QUOTE=Laz Man;59723]Hey Hal, I haven't tried the new entity spawner feature yet in your latest build. So from what I am reading this adds spawns in differently than what is specified within the entityspawner and entities xml files? I wonder if adding spawners this way will allow respawning after a given time of no players being around. I know TFPs added some type of variable where you zombies don't respawn at a POI unless it has been player abandoned for x amount of days. Guess only way to find out is to tester it out. Sit day night cycle super low and left a few days past then revist POI after clearing it several days before.[/QUOTE]

Hey Hal, there is some of your editor also cut off on my laptop. There is the top of a check box in the bottom right that I can't see or access. My screen resolution is 1366 x 768 on my laptop. Can this be resized? Thanks

Hal, You can see in the bottom right I see a check box but not sure what it is... thanks. I guess it wasn't a good morning to update the server with prefabs..lol go figure. Lots of new assets I see.. thanks [attachment=11:name]

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;59871]Hal, You can see in the bottom right I see a check box but not sure what it is... thanks. I guess it wasn't a good morning to update the server with prefabs..lol go figure. Lots of new assets I see.. thanks [ATTACH=CONFIG]1975[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] Thanks Wsiegel, I'll re-arrange the controls for the next version. Speaking of which - time to see the changes...

Update Time! This should work for Alpha 7.8. I've got it compiled and running. I've tested some commands and they've all worked as expected but if you come across anything weird let me know. [URL="http://bit.ly/OMgN82"]Link[/URL] Updated: Support for 7.8 Updated: Moved some controls to help people with lower resolutions. Added: "Clear most recent regions" in the Worlds menu. It will remember the save you cleared last and wipes all the regions. Saves a few clicks if you're doing loads of little updates. Cheers, Hal

Amazing. I noticed when changing versions it mentioned new blocks detected. Is migration of prefabs between versions a provision of this editor, and if so, how do I migrate prefabs from 7.7 to 7.8? I've messed around with it, but it seems to result in unhandled exceptions ("value cannot be null, parameter name: key"), or blank edit areas on the editor. using the newest editor (circa 7.8) w/ a 7.7 world/prefab results in the exception. using the previous editor (circa 7.7) w/ a 7.8 world/7.7 prefab results in a blank edit area.

today I have used your prefab builder for a new project and it's pretty awesome! Fast usage, great overview and some new brilliant options like the import prefab function. This enables to create whole new towns very easily. Thank you for your work Hal!

I just had a lot of fun with the export players claim area (as admin) and import the exported area into the prefab editor. It allows for whatever size you give for the claim area. So if your computer can hack it, you can open more than just 1 region by claiming from the middle of one. Then edit away and load it as a prefab over that region LOLOL ^.^ Loving it!!!!!

Archived