Dead frontier 2 style melee?

archimp

Funny, I've seen so many threads in dead frontier 2 forum complaining about it. It makes no sense, I don't need to walk forward to swing a club

well have u swing really hard or really heavy item? u body go little bit forward when movement and weight combines.

That's a realistic game mechanic, and it would certainly add combat depth, but I don't know what kind of priority it should have compared to other depth-increasing mechanics or if combat depth is even what TFP want more of right now, or if they want to make it an RPG. Can you make a case that it is suited to this game in particular?

well have u swing really hard or really heavy item? u body go little bit forward when movement and weight combines.

All the time. Unless you are clueless you have proper footing for stability you are not pulled forward.

I mean for instance

Have you ever seen anyone choo down a tree? They aren't having to constantly walk backwards while chopping it down.

All the time. Unless you are clueless you have proper footing for stability you are not pulled forward.

I mean for instance

Have you ever seen anyone choo down a tree? They aren't having to constantly walk backwards while chopping it down.

In this video, you can clearly see that the guy is moving his whole body in the direction that he is swinging, which in this case is downward. When swinging something heavy, moving along with the object can increase the kinetic energy of the blow, because effectively you are pushing on it over a longer distance relative to the ground. Work done on an object equal force times distance, work done equals change in kinetic energy, and kinetic energy is a pretty good estimator of how destructive a blow is.

In this video, you can clearly see that the guy is moving his whole body in the direction that he is swinging, which in this case is downward. When swinging something heavy, moving along with the object can increase the kinetic energy of the blow, because effectively you are pushing on it over a longer distance relative to the ground. Work done on an object equal force times distance, work done equals change in kinetic energy, and kinetic energy is a pretty good estimator of how destructive a blow is.

yes :)

i love the physics of dead frontier 2..its hard but is certainly satifyig combat system.. no more easy wimpy low weight ♥♥♥♥.

ofcourse it needs to make it right.

7 days to die have really nice shooting on bows but other mechanics needs more impact and some some reality mechs :)

Yes because you swing a sledgehammer in a downward motion. Again moving your body doesn't mean moving your feet.

- Chopping a tree with an axe no one moves forward while swinging an axe. You brace your feet otherwise you'd be off balance for any follow up swings

Breaking rocks with a pickaxe -

again your not pulled forward as you swing.

The most you MIGHT do is step in for extra force but you immediately step back after swinging aka no movement.

Again think about everyone who has ever cut down a tree. They never step forward or get pulled forward when they swing. They remain fixed with a wide stance and control their weapon.

Yes because you swing a sledgehammer in a downward motion. Again moving your body doesn't mean moving your feet.

- Chopping a tree with an axe no one moves forward while swinging an axe. You brace your feet otherwise you'd be off balance for any follow up swings

Breaking rocks with a pickaxe -

again your not pulled forward as you swing.

The most you MIGHT do is step in for extra force but you immediately step back after swinging aka no movement.

Again think about everyone who has ever cut down a tree. They never step forward or get pulled forward when they swing. They remain fixed with a wide stance and control their weapon.

well main purpose is to fix melee impact. i just sayed that df2 have better physics on melee.im not talking about moving forward.

i have miss explained it on first post. so thats why u think im talking about exactly same combat system

well main purpose is to fix melee impact. i just sayed that df2 have better physics on melee.im not talking about moving forward.

i have miss explained it on first post. so thats why u think im talking about exactly same combat system

Yeah its confusing because you said

i mean that when u hit enemy u go forward and u need right timing to attack again :)

It makes no sense that you can't swing a melee weapon without walking into a wall in DF2 and its the #1 complaint regarding the melee system.

Yeah its confusing because you said

It makes no sense that you can't swing a melee weapon without walking into a wall in DF2 and its the #1 complaint regarding the melee system.

Yes but hoping some changes on combat still.. Its better than before in 7 days than couple alphas ago but yes still need tweaking

Archived