Zombie Spawn Distance

Kugara

I would like to increase how close from the player zombies will spawn. I'm having so many bad experiences with zombies spawning close to me that makes me think in stop playing the game until TFP fix those issues.

I just need that, increase how far enemies can spawn so they will not spawn in my back to hit me from nothing.

n2n1 is correct Hardcoded.

WanderingHordeSpawnDistance = 70;

HordeDaySpawnRangeMin = 30;

HordeDaySpawnRangeMax = 40;

HordeNightSpawnRangeMin = 55;

HordeNightSpawnRangeMax = 70;

If I may ask one little question regarding hordes:

Is there a way to manipulate where a horde spawns relative to the player? For example directly north etc.? And is there a way to manipulate the time when a horde spawns? And is there a way to spawn multiple hordes per day? And could you make wandering hordes feral, so they know where the player is? If so, could you also make them feral selectively, such as "the wandering horde on day 17 shall be feral"? Could you even spawn hordes dependent on actions of the player, for example when they enter a certain area, destroy a certain block, open a certain door or container, kill a certain (type of) zombie? Could you make wandering hordes endless, meaning, if you kill a zombie of a horde, a new one spanws instantly? Could you bring back the old mechanic of bloodmoon hordes that would not stop spawning until either the next night starts or the "pool" of zombies was depleted? Instead of, as it is now, having the horde stop spawning at dawn?

Not that ive seen, if you watch, all types of spawn. Majority are from behind. The horde as i watched is stroke of 10:30 either direction facing or 180 degree opposite. And it shuts off all of the biome spawners at that moment. anything from biome at that time begins to despawn. I used F3, to view it. Personally id like to have the area spawners within a specific range to provide entities.

Time i think people are doing with SDX.

Wandering feral "i think" in the entitygroup.xml you can change entities.

most of what you want I have not tried yet. I know in sdx they have adjusted

timing. for the instant res i think if you change maxalive to total alive it will make a difference.

Just test the config i sent you and tweak it as you go. For any blood moon spawn question you

would have to ask GuppyCur he created mod specifically for a horde spawn.

Found 1 answer

Gamestage <spawner name="WanderingHorde"> <!-- These will wrap around at 50. -->

links back to entitygroups.

Make a group of preferred select ferals. and replace name in day you choose up to 50.

Not that ive seen, if you watch, all types of spawn. Majority are from behind. The horde as i watched is stroke of 10:30 either direction facing or 180 degree opposite. And it shuts off all of the biome spawners at that moment. anything from biome at that time begins to despawn. I used F3, to view it. Personally id like to have the area spawners within a specific range to provide entities.

Time i think people are doing with SDX.

Ok, I thought maybe there is some common knowledge around how to manipulate these basic features of hordes, that would certainly be an incentive to learn all that stuff. There's a server-manager that can do all kinds of very interesting things, for example spawn certain zombies (like you can with the dm-menu-thing) at certain coords when you are at a certain coordinate. That's bloody brilliant, you could make it so that when a player enters a building, a zombie is being spawned in the next room and so on. Create actual stories/levels.

Wandering feral "i think" in the entitygroup.xml you can change entities.

most of what you want I have not tried yet. I know in sdx they have adjusted

timing. for the instant res i think if you change maxalive to total alive it will make a difference.

Just test the config i sent you and tweak it as you go. For any blood moon spawn question you

would have to ask GuppyCur he created mod specifically for a horde spawn.

Found 1 answer

Gamestage <spawner name="WanderingHorde"> <!-- These will wrap around at 50. -->

links back to entitygroups.

Make a group of preferred select ferals. and replace name in day you choose up to 50.

Sorry, my explanation was insufficient. "Feral" is an old setting for zombie behaviour, not a zombie type. A feral zombie will know where you are, like zombies know where you are on horde night. Even if they don't see you. It would be awesome if you could trigger such a feral horde once you opened a certain door or entered a certain area, like on top of a skyscraper. You get to the sweet loot up there and trigger a mean horde that knows where you are. Things like that.

Btw:

<spawner name="WanderingHorde"> <!-- These will wrap around at 50. -->
Why does it wrap around? It's just weird. Day 51 will have the wandering horde of day 1. Who designs this? Horde difficulty should always increase. Another thing I'd love to mod away. -.-

Spawning GPS targeted hordes has been in api mods for like forever :)

Next to spawning all kind of numbers and types of zeds/animals at coords, radius from player (not targeted).

Combine that with most servermanagers abillity to trigger commands at some events (walking into an area for example) and you are good to go.

Friendly reminder: the non gps targeted spawns dont obey the spawnrules if triggered manually so they CAN spawn inside players bases. GPS targeted one obey fine and comply with spawn rules.

Cheers

Spawning GPS targeted hordes has been in api mods for like forever :)

Next to spawning all kind of numbers and types of zeds/animals at coords, radius from player (not targeted).

Combine that with most servermanagers abillity to trigger commands at some events (walking into an area for example) and you are good to go.

Well.. Yes, I know. Servermanagers can execute console commands when certain conditions are met, like the player being at a certain coordinate.

I want that in a "normal" game. I want, for example, to put events and such into a prefab. When the player walks into a room, zombies are being spawned, or a horde, when the player opens a container or door. With these options, you could make actual "levels", like in old school shooters. And since it already can be done "somehow", it should not be terribly difficult to create a more convenient method to design such tools.

Archived