If A17 isn't released tomorrow...

pahbi

Why wait? Just continue playing 16.4!! ;p

therein is the problem with "ok it will happen in july. ok august. ok september. ok we don't know when it could be any day or months from now"

people keep thinking the alpha is going to drop any minute, any day. and so they figure, "no point in building the tower of Babel, because the patch is gonna drop"

My server has had a LOT of people quit in frusteration over the anticipation then stall of the a17 release. They will likely be back, but in the mean time, the server owner turned zombies always run on and cranked the server up to max difficulty. I think he did something with some mod to the zombies too, because even those of us who have played for years and even the server admins are dying like like bugs in a roach hotel. You can't go 10 minutes without seeing someone has died. It's certainly interesting that the game is keeping us all on our toes like we are a bunch of noobs again.

therein is the problem with "ok it will happen in july. ok august. ok september. ok we don't know when it could be any day or months from now"

people keep thinking the alpha is going to drop any minute, any day. and so they figure, "no point in building the tower of Babel, because the patch is gonna drop"

Simple rules to keep people playing and happy:

First rule: You don't talk about wipes.

Second rule: You don't talk about wipes.

Jokes aside, I know exactly what you are talking about and it sucks. Every time the next alpha *seems* to be close our servers die down.

Instead of "towers of babylon" I shifted to building in a more modular fashion adding smaller projects to a cluster as time passes.

And trying out the bigger mods with minimal effort put into building a base and focus on travelling and exploring.

I'm going to revert back to A13 for a while just for fun while waiting for A17

A13 had the old intro soundtrack, arguably much better then the current one. It's harder, fewer bells and whistles, a bit more raw, buggy minibike but very serious fun.

They could have just stopped at A13, fixed the bugs, released it and called done AFAIC.

Guilty... I paused playing in July and could kick myself that I could have had another three stable months of builds by now...

Obviously the first rule of zombie fight club is don't talk about zombie fight club. :)

- P

If can talk about zombie fight club then how do you tell some one not to talk about zombie fight club?

So first rule is don't talk about zombie fight club unless you are telling someone to not talk about zombie fight clue"

But then if u make that first rule you can't have any other rules because to talk about the other rules you need to talk about zombie fight club. So there for it should be the Last Rule of Zombie Fight Club

• 2 weeks later...

Archived