Fertilizer

Walterstj

Is it possible to dig up fertilizer?

I can't remember what I've read and what I haven't about the subject... Does digging up the ground at the farm give you fertilizer or is it the burnt forest maybe? Maybe I'm wrong all the way around... Any info would be greatly appreciated, ty everyone...

Yes, you can dig up fertilizer in the burnt forest. You need to find spots that are brown dirt with white chunks, and there is a chance to get fertilizer from each block on the last hit.

I'm not sure about farms. If you find one where the dirt looks fertilized, you should be able to dig up some fertilizer.

• 2 weeks later...
Just take a shiv,knife, or machete and harvest every zombie you kill. At mid-game i've got a farm completely fertilized and 500 corn,100 blueberry, 10 goldenrod, 25 chrysanthemum, and 100 mushroom planted and growing. Really paid off holding onto that nasty stuff.

Where did you get enough potassium nitrate? Just about every ounce of the stuff that I find goes into bullets.

Where did you get enough potassium nitrate? Just about every ounce of the stuff that I find goes into bullets.

Open the Journal and read the entry for mining. That tells you where to find all the different minerals, you go to the biome you want and dig down into the rock layer and you should be able to find the specified mineral along with Iron deposits.

• 4 weeks later...

yes i loot/carve up every zombie.. without ever using a knife for anything other than harvesting meat. .i end up with a very high knife skill. i also end up with hundreds of spoiled meat.. which i toss in a cement mixer and fugettaboutit... every square in my gardens is fertilized. i have 2 gardens each 5x20 blocks above ground walled. after a few plantings of corn coffee i never have to worry about food or stamina again. BUT doesn't the new patch eliminate zombie harvesting? thought i read that somewhere. so it looks like i will have to find my fertilizer in the burnt forests or toilet bowls.

Where do i get nitrate from?

initally from surface rocks.. and stalgmites in caves, i hit them as much as i can to boost my mining skill / experience rate of gain. then once you have an auger you can find it in snow biomes/ burnt forests.. or anywhere else in reduced chances. The fastest way to get iron and exp is in the desert.. your auger goes thru the sand there as fast as you can run.. plus you find massive iron deposits and other minerals too.. not to mention shale for oil//gasoline/ mollytov cocktails etc..

............BUT doesn't the new patch eliminate zombie harvesting? thought i read that somewhere. so it looks like i will have to find my fertilizer in the burnt forests or toilet bowls.

I thinks thats A17 for pc that the "cant harvest zombies" starts. Doubt we'll see that but guess we'll see.

Archived