Storage box textures

KingSlayerGM

Hello,

I would like to bring this issue to the attention of the devs. I think it may have been discussed before, but so far we haven't heard any news.

We need more textures to organize storage boxes!

Currently we have:

• Weapons
  • Ammo
  • Explosives
  • Building
  • Food
  • Medical

What I would like to see is:

• Electricity, for anything electricity related
  • Gardening, for anything gardening related
  • Metals, I usually have a crate full of metals iron, steel, scrap iron...
  • Car parts, I usually have a crate full of engines, batteries, gas...
  • Tools, I usually have a crate where I keep my 'good tools' I don't use every day, but I want to keep
  • Trade, I usually have a crate full of stuff I want to sell to the trader later
  • Clothing, clothes I don't use everyday but i want to keep

Organizing items is boring but necessary. Having more of these textures would help a lot.

KingSlayerGM

Indeed. Rather than pick and choose some new icons, and by extension choose some organizations over others for players, it would be great to either allow custom text strings directly on boxes, like signs, or else allow the UI icon for any item in the game to overlay on top of the wood texture. Then, no matter what organization you like, you could pick one item in that box that’s representative of the entire contents. The icons already exist, so hopefully this would be a purely programming solution.

I sometimes wonder, is this so simple and low priority that they simply don't care? Or do the added textures eat away on server resources too much. Either way it seems like such an quick fix to make live so much easier.

Makes me want to throw money at the screen to make it happen lol.

Archived