I Feel Cheated and Bamboozled By Funpimps...

NeonScorpion

Hello everyone. I have to post something that's been on my mind and I would like some feedback. Awhile ago I found 7 days to die videos on YouTube. My friend introduced me and I thought the game looked amazing. I saw all of these amazing features and heard it was on consoles, so I purchased the PS4 game and even convinced two of my friends to buy it so we could play together. Quickly We realized it wasn't the same game we were seeing people play on YouTube.

After purchasing it we found out there was two different versions, PC and Console. We all have PC's and could have purchased it on steam, but we had other friends on PS4 and figured if would be better to buy the console version. We felt devistated to find out we basically threw our money away purchasing a game far different from what we saw on YouTube. And the worst part is the console version is THE SAME PRICE.

So all of us agree it feels like we were tricked and lied to. Like Funpimps sold us a faulty product while selling everyone a complete one and then just ran with our money. A lot of us are literally furious because we don't make much money and turning around to purchase the improved PC version for another $25 after just buying it on PS4 is ridiculous. I love the game, we all do! But charging the same price for a worse version feels like we are being conned.

Nowhere did it say when purchasing the console version that "This version has less content than on PC, but is the same price". And now with the larger updates coming out on PC while console gets trickles of content that PC has had for sometimes years, it definitely feels like we were burned. We want to play this game, I just wish there was a way to exchange our PS4 purchases for PC ones. Is there anything that can be done so this doesn't happen to other people? Because it really feels like a bait and switch. Is it just me or did anyone else feel this way?

Thanks for listening.

I bought the game on release their was nothing to read. I found the MD5's with everyone else. Back then even trees were triggers and they are everywhere. Then the reports started coming in with all the flaws. Hell back then you had to stand at the edge of an empty void forever waiting for it to load. The game has come a long way but even I am getting frustrated with the length of time its taking just to talk to us and let us know where the game stands. The lack of communication is the true slap in the face. I love the game have thousands of hours playing it and definitely got my 30 dollars out of it,but even I am wondering if this half a game I get to play because of MD5's is all I will ever have.

I hear what you are saying but feel your blame is misplaced. The Fun Pimps are not the ones responsible for lack of investigation on your part, TFP is not to blame for lack of console updates (seperate company). I know it sucks in life to realiize we have ourselves to blame, but own it, this way you don't make the same mistakes again. 7D2D is an incredible game even if you guys have to fork out $50 for both copies , you are still getting a deal! The mods on PC alone make it worth the additional $$$$. Good luck!

When it released in 2016, it was almost even with the pc version. Sadly in that 2 years pc has jumped way ahead of us. However, like Topher says, two different companies are in play here.

The fun pimps, the creaters of the game, run & control the pc version. Iron Galaxy & TellTale have the console versions.

We have gotten content here & there but unfortunately the consoles are barely able to handle what we have (this is what we're told anyways). Im not a technology guru so im pretty much taking their word.

Its said if we can get the unity engine updated, we can possibly get a lot more content that the pc has. So hopefully that's what this next update is, an updated unity engine with loads of new content. But who knows.

Hang in there man, lets hope for the best!!

I understand you're disappointed but, to be honest, the fault here is not with the game developers. Was the YouTube video you watched actually provided by the Developers or was it uploaded by a gamer playing the game? If the latter then, unfortunately, Oxymoron is right - you should have done some research before making your purchase. Just a five minute search would have identified the fact that there are differences in the versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Message PSN explaining it, i think theres a certain amount of time you have where you can ask for a refund.

I played the ps4 vers first after a friend or 2 got it and recd it to me. I loved it but some searching around soon reveals that there is alot less on the ps4 vers but thats mostly because it cant handle it. Still spent many hours on the ps4 vers before i went out and bought a decent pc for the pc vers. silver lining though, ps4 vers smell still seems to work and you can still run things over on your minibike =D 2 things that i noticed are not currently working in the pc vers so you can atleast take some confort in that lol. But yeah, give up on this game ever catching up to the pc vers its not gonna happen. best bet is to try for a refund and grab it on steam.

Archived