Is my Laptop good enough ?

Paranormal

Is my Laptop good enough to run this game right now?

These are my specs (I hope this amount of information enough, I am not an expert when it comes to computer specs)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire E5-575

BIOS: V1.18

Processor: Intel® Core i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8026MB RAM

Page File: 5596MB used, 9215MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

Last time I have played this game was early alpha 16 and even though it wasn't perfect it was definitely playable.

So I have opened this game again a few days ago and the game feels much worse even though I play on lowest settings(I think). My fps usually varies from 20-35. I guess game is playable when I do easy tasks like building or chopping down the trees. The real laggs comes when I have to face zombies or other enemies or when I am entering new areas on the map and the game takes long to load.

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

If your i5 is a CPU rather than APU, not going to work well at all. If it is an APU with only 8192 RAM, it will work OK but you won't get steady FPS.

If you really want to game in any sense beyond playing WoW, you're either going to want a desktop for $800+(if you know exactly what you're doing to cherry-pick parts) or a better laptop than that.

i disagree sylen as im playing game with only 4 gigs of ram average 5-15 fps and paranormal you should be ok for now with ur laptop but i would upgrade in the future :)

1. Go read the official minimum spec here. Then take a look at the recommended spec. 4GB is below the min spec.

2. 5-15FPS is not anywhere near what most people would consider "playable". Anything under 30 is not desirable. This has been true for any game that wasn't in a web browser since the early 90's.

The Acer site says that laptop has "Intel® HD Graphics 520 DDR4 Shared graphics memory" for graphics. This is not going to give you a good experience, but it might still be playable. Things might improve as the game is optimized, but you're not going to get to 60 fps.

If your main interest is building, instead of fighting hordes, it'll probably be ok; I know I'd find a frame rate in the 30s with low quality graphics too frustrating.

In the end, it's really a question of what's OK to you. If you have a choice, switching to a gaming desktop will be better (even the older graphics cards, like my GTX 970, will be far better than what you're running on the laptop.)

Without knowing what kind of GPU you have, no one can possibly know how well or even IF the game will run at all on your laptop.

You can find out simply by running dxdiag and go into the Display tab.

Without knowing what kind of GPU you have, no one can possibly know how well or even IF the game will run at all on your laptop.

You can find out simply by running dxdiag and go into the Display tab.

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 620

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_10941025&REV_02

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 4141 MB

Dedicated Memory: 128 MB

Shared Memory: 4013 MB

Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 620

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_10941025&REV_02

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 4141 MB

Dedicated Memory: 128 MB

Shared Memory: 4013 MB

Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

That's only a very small step above the Intel 4400 I have. Since there is no dedicated RAM for the device, you can pretty much give up on getting a decent FPS on most games made since 2010 that have halfway decent graphics.

Your FPS will be in the 20's with low settings at best.

That's only a very small step above the Intel 4400 I have. Since there is no dedicated RAM for the device, you can pretty much give up on getting a decent FPS on most games made since 2010 that have halfway decent graphics.

Your FPS will be in the 20's with low settings at best.

I agree...

Archived