Avengers

Guppycur

• 2 months later...

Loved the movie as a whole, hated how divided all the characters were portrayed and how they were all set on different planets. Character development was pretty much 0 in the movie, but then again that was to be expected when you cast so many heros at the same time - and also guess that's why there was a need for so many origin movies. Now I can't wait for Antman & the Wasp.

• 1 month later...
Loved the movie as a whole, hated how divided all the characters were portrayed and how they were all set on different planets. Character development was pretty much 0 in the movie, but then again that was to be expected when you cast so many heros at the same time - and also guess that's why there was a need for so many origin movies. Now I can't wait for Antman & the Wasp.

That's pretty much how every fantasy book works, too... you have the group, they split, the stories are compartmentalized, then at the end they all meet up (or don't) for the big showdown.

Thoughts? Waiting for it to start now.

IMG_20180427_101115_453.jpg

Overrated trash but decent if you turn off your brain. I personally don't care for the huge amount of hero movies Disney has been dishing out for years now. Only superhero movies I've genuinely enjoyed from the top of my head was the original Spider Man Movies (was corny as ♥♥♥♥ and bad but a enjoyable watch regardless) and Batman Dark Knight.

I'm the opposite; as a comic fan, all I ever wanted was nonstop comic movies that embodied what comics were about...

Action, powers, and things going "boom".

I have issues with the modern comic book industry, but won't go into it. Last comic I read was the first issue of Batman: Year One which I really enjoyed, need to read the others.

I have issues with dc's constant reboots, and marvel's constant crossovers and soap operas... I miss the days when a comic was a comic... That had pictures AND words, and was more than 10 pages.

I also miss the old prices.

I miss when you buy one comic and the story ends, now you have to buy multiple titles just to understand whats going on.

Yep. Then they don't come out in order, and they're all some sort of huge event (that's just like the last event, but the names have changed), then thor is a woman (or a frog, or a korbinite), wolverine dead, hulk an asian kid (because he's also dead), spidey isn't peter parker, and tons of other changes just for the sake of changes.

Look, I get that you can't keep spidey a teen for 70 years, but you can still make the story about him. <Shrug>

Archived