permanent death

choowe

I would love to see a permanent death option in the game. It would make the game much more intense and strategical you would really have to think about your actions maybe its just me but I think that would be awesome. :)

[QUOTE]I would love to see a permanent death [B][U][COLOR="#FF0000"]option [/COLOR][/U][/B]in the game.[/QUOTE] Would love that too. If someone doesn't like it, he shouldn't choose the option ;) Options are never bad because they are options and don't limit the ones that don't want/need it, but give the players that want/need it the option to turn it on.

drop everything is somehow harder (no items at all) BUT if you have set your own RESPAWN POINT near your chest, it isn't ! SO MAYBE AN OPTION "RANDOM RESPAWN POINT" ... you could YOURSELF combine them with the drop option, how you like it of course you could fight your way back to your old position ... but why not ?

[QUOTE=BriBri1992;41276]I don't think so, do you know how many people would have to restart their game on the first day, no one would get anywhere[/QUOTE] I, for one, would probably never use this 'hardcore/permanent death' setting. I just don't see the use in spending any type of time/energy in something that will just get instantly deleted when making a small mistake, going to the restroom and forgetting to pause, being on the phone and not paying too much attention, etc. hehe :) But, and this is the keypoint, to be fair to other players: as an OPTION, I wouldn't mind at all. I know there's people out there that love this kind of setting. And while it definitely shouldnt be the default option (because newbs starting would just ragequit...), I dont see any harm whatsoever in having it an option for anyone who chooses to use it. This game appeals to so many type of players that options are the only way to accommodate them.

[QUOTE=Katitof;41294]Unless you mean the world restart, then you can still do it yourself easily.[/QUOTE] Well 1) On multiplayer that won't work 2) It is not the same feeling even if it *actually* is the same

The game is coded as a Multi-player game. Multi-player perma-death doesn't work. So you'd never be able to join a server again if you died? Maybe someday if the code is separated to be a true Single player in single-player mode, that might be an option. I just don't see it anytime soon. I could be wrong though. Just trying to set a more realistic expectation on something you can already do yourself for single player. FWIW, I play perma-death on SP (except for those saves used for testing).

When you die just start a new world. Just set that boundary for yourself and there you go, perma-death. Maybe not as ideal as having the option because once could just say ehh never mind I don't want to do perma-death but if you really really want to do perma-death its the only option right now.

This is in Minecraft and its only a hardcore option for Singleplayer. So it has only use in singleplayer not on a server. In multiplayer it would have to work something like..you get a ban for one hour :D that would be well... not nice i think :) But lots of people just grief and troll on PVP servers or PVE with FF. So you would get killed eventualy.

• 6 months later...
Let this thread be resurrected! (so that I don't make another) Asking for options in every single thing will eventually drive the devs insane and it may be too early for it development-wise, but I think it was high time this option was implemented in the game. As for: [QUOTE=randomtroll;132478]why don't you delete the save yourself when you die[/QUOTE] No. There is a reason that the iron man mode exists in some games in the first place. Besides, the game itself must impose its rules (at least the ones you choose) when you start a session. As everything else in the game, you can't pretend that you got sick by drinking murky water or you can't pretend that you broke your leg and walk instead of running. In exactly the same way you can't pretend that you don't have a second chance when you die. I believe this is easy to understand.

I am not against an option for this. It also makes sense for server hardcore mode to have players "banned" if they die. If everyone dies, then the world is deleted, and they have to start over again. I wouldn't use the option, but I don't think others should be deprived of it. I know how it feels to have something unavailable in an official capacity, it isn't fun.

Is there a file which contains the list of locked containers and doors and keystone protections? Could this be deleted on death so that the player no longer owns anything? Could bedrolls be set to not act as a spawn point, forcing random respawn locations? I'd like to see permanent character death but not necessarily server ban; just force the player to start again from square one after death. As an OPTION, of course.

You can do this option yourself with 0 settings on the same server! Once you die, drop everything you have and do not return to your old base for anything. You will still have learned the books you did previously but for the most part this should serve your purpose. Question is, do you have the willpower to do it? If so, then you are all set to begin right away :D

Well I know I like to play things "Hardcore", I usually put delete on death so everything I am currently carrying get erased. It make sit difficult. However atm when you re-spawn you come back to life with no items and 50% of all your stats except stamina. So to truly do hardcore you would have to randomly spawn with the standard start 1 water, 1 chili, 1 bandage and full health and food and water. You maybe could just have an option that turns bedrolls off so its always random.

[QUOTE=CongoBongo;132929]You can do this option yourself with 0 settings on the same server! Once you die, drop everything you have and do not return to your old base for anything. You will still have learned the books you did previously but for the most part this should serve your purpose. Question is, do you have the willpower to do it? If so, then you are all set to begin right away :D[/QUOTE] Mate, I quoted the answer to that preemptively in a previous post in this thread. :P Besides there's still the issue of time. [QUOTE=Ben2150;133033]What if it was part of the hardest game mode? No additional option, it is just active when the player chooses the hardest game mode.[/QUOTE] Well one should be able to play the hardest mode without permadeath but I do like the idea of a standard difficulty permadeath mode and I had suggested exactly this in the past. A standard difficulty would actually offer players an objective they can "compete" at and compare survival records etc. Such things also attract streamers and will definitely boost the game.

If i've read the posts above well, adding an option of turning "bedroll respawn" on/off should do the trick. When you want to play a realistic death, you play on hardcore with that option off. If you want to take it a bit easier, you play on nomad mode orso with that option off.

Losing all experience levels would be a good option when the skills and experience system will be introduced ... losing items is not a big deal if you have a warm base waiting for you. Losing 30 days of leveling, however, would feel as permadeath and would encourage a player to save his life at any cost in any situation ... also there could be an option to choose: lose 25/50/75/100% of experience upon the death. Also I would nulify some sort of a zombie strength timer upon the death.

If your wanting to introduce perma death then your going to need to make it harder to kill a player. Even with zombie damage at its lowest setting it doesn`t take much for them to take you down, stun you, start you bleeding or give you the lergy. Hopefully TFP will balance damage and bleeding out more, after all most zombies are just clawing you and most of that should be soaked up by everyday clothing.

For multiplayer servers, this definitely should be an option. For singleplayer, you can just delete the game, and start a new one with the exact seed you had before. That's what I do personally. Still, an option to do it right from the start as something you wouldn't be able to change afterwards would be best. Same way as the world name and SP/MP cannot be changed from game (I know they can be changed with a hex editor). TL;DR: I am all for the option, and if it is added, make it something that cannot be changed from in game after it's set at start.

If you die. Delete your world. There is permament death. Also know as DID ( dead is dead ) in some circles. Adds a really challenging aspect to the game. No respawning to keep your recipes, no halfway go somewhere else. Dead. Delete your world.

Archived