Wandering Hordes. Bloody. Hell.

EzunaAranna

Any way to turn off these ridiculous wandering GPS hordes?

They are just ruining the game for me.

I'm playing dead is dead...was on day 12 doing perfectly. Was digging out my base escape trench and the ONE time I lost concentration and didn't look around about 4 bears and a pack of dogs raped me.

I managed to flee into the tunnel...pumped 15 shotgun blasts into the head of the first bear at point blank range and it laughed at me.

The thing is that when you do manage to escape it feels epic. Remove the hordes and you never have to worry about being attacked at inconvenient times but then...bland game.

“The one time I lost concentration...” is survival game meat and potatoes.

The thing is that when you do manage to escape it feels epic. Remove the hordes and you never have to worry about being attacked at inconvenient times but then...bland game.

“The one time I lost concentration...” is survival game meat and potatoes.

Your reply makes total sense - I play any game I can on permadeath.

But honestly....a pack of dogs and bears and they don't make a sound? GAAAAAH!

you can edit the xml and remove dog and bear hordes

don't remember if in entityclass or entitygroups

Thanks I'll look into this! I'm using the modlauncher and only using the simpleUI mod, so I'm presuming I have to edit the mods own source files and not the target files.

Thanks I'll look into this! I'm using the modlauncher and only using the simpleUI mod, so I'm presuming I have to edit the mods own source files and not the target files.

The file you want is the gamestages.xml to change the wandering horde makeup (towards the top of the file). Just saving you a little bit of extra time.

The file you want is the gamestages.xml to change the wandering horde makeup (towards the top of the file). Just saving you a little bit of extra time.

example:

<spawner name="WanderingHorde"> <!-- These will wrap around at 50. -->
	<!-- Will probably have to undo that later. Rev 19924 /19944 -->
	<gamestage stage="01"><spawn group="scoutHordeStageGS1"	num="15" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
	<gamestage stage="02"><spawn group="scoutHordeStageGS2"	num="15" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
	<gamestage stage="03"><spawn group="scoutHordeStageGS5"	num="16" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
	<gamestage stage="04">[color="#FFFF00"]<spawn group="ZombieDogGroup"[/color]	num="05" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>

just replace:

<spawner name="WanderingHorde"> <!-- These will wrap around at 50. -->
	<!-- Will probably have to undo that later. Rev 19924 /19944 -->
	<gamestage stage="01"><spawn group="scoutHordeStageGS1"	num="15" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
	<gamestage stage="02"><spawn group="scoutHordeStageGS2"	num="15" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
	<gamestage stage="03"><spawn group="scoutHordeStageGS5"	num="16" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
	<gamestage stage="04">[color="#FFFF00"]<spawn group="scoutHordeStageGS5"	[/color]num="05" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>

done!

dog's go bye bye in the wandering hordes. Just do the same for the bears, wolves or whatever you want removed.

:miserable:

you can see that I limit myself to using mods and do not write them :)

Meh, It's all good. Everyone starts from somewhere and all we can do is give the best advice we can with the knowledge we have.

I think I went through a different file and changed them to pigs and rabbits. It doesn't matter if rabbits are quiet since they're hard to hit anyways, and the pigs aren't going to attack you unless you hit them first. That way you don't lose the animal hide.

Meh, It's all good. Everyone starts from somewhere and all we can do is give the best advice we can with the knowledge we have.

i usually tweak whit progression, recipies and rgw, they are easy to modifie, for everything else i'm just too lazy :D

Archived