Cars - do they respawn?

ChloeFox

I swear I read somewhere agesssssssssss ago that they fixed it so they do. But the admins on my server said they still don't. The thing that troubles me if they don't....is if I join a new multiplayer server that has been completely devoid of cars...how will I build certain things in the game like a cement mixer etc?

If there's an admin, some of them can reload a chunk so cars will respawn. I don't think everybody knows how. It's also possible to get engines as loot in Car Parts crate(gas stations or O'Really Auto), from certain zombies, or buy from trader. I read that Lumberjacks can drop Engines(chainsaw related), but haven't seen one. Most of the car parts I find on zombies are from Bikers, and possibly got an engine from a Construction zombie but not 100% sure on that.

No, they have never respawned in Vanilla. Yes, an admin can delete regions, which will bring them back.

Someone made a mod that allows them to respawn, but I can't recall if it was for a15 or 16.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

If there's an admin, some of them can reload a chunk so cars will respawn. I don't think everybody knows how. It's also possible to get engines as loot in Car Parts crate(gas stations or O'Really Auto), from certain zombies, or buy from trader. I read that Lumberjacks can drop Engines(chainsaw related), but haven't seen one. Most of the car parts I find on zombies are from Bikers, and possibly got an engine from a Construction zombie but not 100% sure on that.

Awesome ty!! :D

Yeh, copy the air block to carAir or something, have the car destroy into that new block, and have that block upgrade to a car over time. The xml changes are insignificant so an a15 or maybe even an a14 version of that mod should still work in a16, if just the requisite block info is copied.

Yeh, copy the air block to carAir or something, have the car destroy into that new block, and have that block upgrade to a car over time. The xml changes are insignificant so an a15 or maybe even an a14 version of that mod should still work in a16, if just the requisite block info is copied.

Whoa Guppy hey, you're like 7 Days to Die royalty. I've watched a lot of your youtube vids when I needed help setting up my server ages ago! Thanks for responding :D

- - - Updated - - -

If I am not mistaken in Ravenhearst if you destroy a car you will see a plant in its place. As long as you don't destroy the plant a car will eventually respawn in its place.

nice ty!

Archived