Looking for a Mod to try

Gnomaana

I'm looking for a mod that just fixes some of the major shortcomings and adds a few extras. One that still feels like 7Days at least mostly. A bunch of people suggested WotW and it started fine but then I found the boat POI and it kind of turned me off the mod. Am I being too picky? Is that POI an aberration and the rest of the mod is sort of what I'm describing?

Any other suggestions are welcome also.

Thanks

Your description is too short. But the point is clear. I have the same think. Maybe, you'll like my mod. If you are not afraid of difficulties.

I suggest you just fly in debug mode that would just look at the created world, be sure to take a look at Westland ;)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40556-CLASSIC-Style-HARDCORE

i also advise you to pay attention to:

"The Dying Lands" (and sequel - "The Devils Eden")

and "Undead Legasy" (if you are a lover of excessive amount of loot ;)

in my view, the adequacy of these mods - all O'k, but each has its own trait (so same as and I have) :)

There are some more - but they are outtdated...

PS: (does not mean that other modes are worse, but they are not suitable, in my opinion , under the described category...)

I am of course biased in this recommendation, but you might enjoy my mod ComSenMod. It's more on the 'fix major shortcomings' side than the 'add extras' side, so it definitely still feels like the same game. If you're bugged by things in vanilla like suitcases never containing clothes, or shorts making you colder than wearing nothing, or carrying around a uselessly small number of nails until you find more, ComSenMod fixes several hundred of those 'common sense' types of things. Many changes are loot related, with a secondary emphasis on more authentic survival. ComSenMod is also included in sphereii's excellent mod launcher.

Your description is too short. But the point is clear. I have the same think. Maybe, you'll like my mod. If you are not afraid of difficulties.

I suggest you just fly in debug mode that would just look at the created world, be sure to take a look at Westland ;)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40556-CLASSIC-Style-HARDCORE

i also advise you to pay attention to:

"The Dying Lands" (and sequel - "The Devils Eden")

and "Undead Legasy" (if you are a lover of excessive amount of loot ;)

in my view, the adequacy of these mods - all O'k, but each has its own trait (so same as and I have) :)

There are some more - but they are outtdated...

PS: (does not mean that other modes are worse, but they are not suitable, in my opinion , under the described category...)

Thanks. I'll give it a try. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I am of course biased in this recommendation, but you might enjoy my mod ComSenMod. It's more on the 'fix major shortcomings' side than the 'add extras' side, so it definitely still feels like the same game. If you're bugged by things in vanilla like suitcases never containing clothes, or shorts making you colder than wearing nothing, or carrying around a uselessly small number of nails until you find more, ComSenMod fixes several hundred of those 'common sense' types of things. Many changes are loot related, with a secondary emphasis on more authentic survival. ComSenMod is also included in sphereii's excellent mod launcher.

Nice. I already use the mod launcher so I'll download it now. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

The modding forum is the best place for advice on mods, so I'll move this thread there.

I considered putting it here but wasn't sure. I always default to general discussion when I don't know where to put my question. Thanks for moving it for me. :)

Archived