New seed keeps corrupting

SkyeWolfe

Server is a Linux MP Dedi hosted by OVH/So You Start

Mods: Allocs, BCManager, & CoppisAdditions

Issue: When I load a new world, if I wander around for a minute or two I will come across an area that will not fully render. No trees, buildings, grass, nothing (though I can see a town in the distance). If I log out and try to log back in, it will not load the game (stays stuck on "starting game"), even after restarting the server as well as my game.

Attempted Fixes: Completely reinstalled server 3 times, uninstalled the combo prefab pack, removed custom items (The custom items is the most recent attempt, unsure if it has worked or not yet).

Logs: None right this moment as I have just deleted the server and reinstalled it again

UPDATED:

Figured out the issue. Thank you for the ideas everyone. The issue ended up being that my co-owner had messed up with one of the custom item IDs and made it the same as another item. So every time a chunk tried to load the vanilla item it had the issue -.-

STEAM > Library > 7 Days to Die > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity.

It sounds like something has bugged in the game files, rather than you keep doing something wrong every time. Although it could also be related to lack of RAM. Do you notice that you seem to find corruptions after playing for a long time?

If you can link some screenshots and game logs, maybe somebody can help more.

STEAM > Library > 7 Days to Die > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity.

It sounds like something has bugged in the game files, rather than you keep doing something wrong every time. Although it could also be related to lack of RAM. Do you notice that you seem to find corruptions after playing for a long time?

If you can link some screenshots and game logs, maybe somebody can help more.

I have even tried deleting the entire server and reinstalling it. And no, it doesn't happen after playing a long time. I generate the seed, load up the server, then after exploring for a moment areas stop loading. Our server has 32GB of RAM, and running on an i7 4790K processor with 240GB of SSD. So I doubt it's any of that part.

We did install a prefab combo pack. I just looked at it, wondering if maybe it was that. Says that it's for A16.3, so I'll try removing the pack and see if that helps

I have even tried deleting the entire server and reinstalling it. And no, it doesn't happen after playing a long time. I generate the seed, load up the server, then after exploring for a moment areas stop loading. Our server has 32GB of RAM, and running on an i7 4790K processor with 240GB of SSD. So I doubt it's any of that part.

We did install a prefab combo pack. I just looked at it, wondering if maybe it was that. Says that it's for A16.3, so I'll try removing the pack and see if that helps

Update: It wasn't the combo pack. So still no idea. 32GB should be more than enough memory for the server

Try reinstalling after removing the combo pack. Then reboot before you launch the server.

I already did that. I checked the log and it apparently threw some errors up involving item IDs. So I'm going to upload a fresh copy of the items.xml. Though I'm not entirely sure how items could cause the issue. But as I have no other leads... lol

When you deleted the server, did you delete the savegame as well?

...also, define corrupted. What's it doing, specifically?

I would delete literally everything from the server. And by corrupt I mean after moving for maybe a minute or two I will come across an area that will not fully render. No trees, buildings, grass, nothing (though I can see a town in the distance). If I log out and try to log back in, it will not load the game (stays stuck on "starting game"), even after restarting the server as well as my game.

I will update the original post with what information I can

I would delete literally everything from the server. And by corrupt I mean after moving for maybe a minute or two I will come across an area that will not fully render. No trees, buildings, grass, nothing (though I can see a town in the distance). If I log out and try to log back in, it will not load the game (stays stuck on "starting game"), even after restarting the server as well as my game.

I will update the original post with what information I can

Could that be a "non-Ubuntu"/'non-Redhat' issue? Donno.

https://7daystodie.com/support/

Those providers provide different versions of Linux, but Ubuntu (12.04 & 14.04) is supported and 'possibly' redhat.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360404397

I would suggest that after you've reloaded the server - with Vanilla only - try going around - if it does it again (IE: Some places or 'many places' stop loading) just STOP. Those item errors are probably 'your mod' or whom ever's mod. Wait a few minutes and maybe up to 10 minutes before doing anything including logging out. You "should see" those areas loading and not 'frozen in time' so to speak without loading. If they're frozen in time even after that amount of time then I would have to say its a hardware issue, connection(s), ram, ssd.

Figured out the issue. Thank you for the ideas everyone. The issue ended up being that my co-owner had messed up with one of the custom item IDs and made it the same as another item. So every time a chunk tried to load the vanilla item it had the issue -.-

Archived