Weapons Talk

andrewcu

I am just curious what everyone's favorite weapon to use is? Maybe state what a favorite for scavenging is and what a favorite for hoard night is? Mine, I am liking a basic spiked club for scavenging with a shotgun as backup. For hoard night i am not sure honestly since i just last night finally bought an AK and am loving how strong it is! I bought it at level 550 so it should last a while as my only AK. Other than that i think i like using a combo of all the ranged weapons for hoard nights. I have come across two rocket launchers, i sold the first one as i didnt think they would be much use. However, i just found another last night doing some treasure hunting so i will use it on my next hoard and see how much i like it

I like to use the sniper rifle the most as well as keeping an smg on me during scavenging. Usually for hoard nights I sit on my wall with my sniper rifle and bring down the sensitivitiy really low so I can calmly snipe zombies in the heads rather than having that jerky feeling. My boyfriend usually sits in the frontlines fighting off the hoard with his spiked club and shotgun, scavenging their bodies while I cover him.

Early game, bow and arrow with iron arrows.

Mid-game, bow and arrow with steel arrows and crossbow with exploding bolts for traveling. B&A steel and hunting rifle for horde nights. I've always been an iron sights kind of guy, so I like the rifle the most.

My favorite walking around combo is, iron sledgehammer, crossbow, blunderbuss. Horde nights hunting rifle, shotgun with slugs, and smg. Normally I have the walking around combo by day 5, until then I use a barbed club. I try to find a city on day one specifically for schematics, the crossbow is essential to me.

My favorite walking around combo is, iron sledgehammer, crossbow, blunderbuss. Horde nights hunting rifle, shotgun with slugs, and smg. Normally I have the walking around combo by day 5, until then I use a barbed club. I try to find a city on day one specifically for schematics, the crossbow is essential to me.

Wow the sledgehammer huh? I just recently used one for the first time, and i dont like how slow it is. I do always keep a bow on me but i very rarely use it unless i come across a lumberjack and need the distance. What is the blunderbuss? Ive only ever heard of ti watching videos and havent actually seen any mention of it in game

Wow the sledgehammer huh? I just recently used one for the first time, and i dont like how slow it is. I do always keep a bow on me but i very rarely use it unless i come across a lumberjack and need the distance. What is the blunderbuss? Ive only ever heard of ti watching videos and havent actually seen any mention of it in game

The blunderbuss as well as the buckshot (ammo) is the only gun and ammo you can make without the need of schematics or using up skill points

Once you have forged iron you can build it. It is an old school shotgun, to craft it you need forged iron, duct tape, glue, wood, and a short iron pipe.

To craft the ammo you need gunpowder, paper, and small rock. Its a very close range weapon and when you have low skill in shotguns it can be disappointing. Once your skills for shotguns are improved a close range(just outside club range) headshot will down nearly anything, and some of them go from being upright to a puddle of goo.

As for the Sledgehammer I rarely use it on anything moving but when they are on the ground from being knocked down by a shot one whack with that big hammer and they are done.

I am just curious what everyone's favorite weapon to use is?

Sledgehammer for me, it's awesome for smashing zombies heads (insta-kill on most zombies).

Combined with a full plate armour I kill zombies bears in close combat.

It also prevents cops from spitting as you are too close.

No ammo required, and it's a silent kill, so other zombies do not notice if unaware.

Wow the sledgehammer huh? I just recently used one for the first time, and i dont like how slow it is.

This weapon needs some training, as any other close combat non-firearms.

Once you got the correct timing, Sledgehammer is a great weapon.

Yes, it's slow, but your first hit is usually the last one (hit the head and enjoy it exploding in a bloodbath!) ...

Sniper rifle. But I got a new USB XBOX1 controller. Some off the wall brand. I got it as a gift. But man the sticks are stiff. Also this controller has the 3.5mm port for headset. I had to buy a new mic to fit those. I only had the old mics that fit the rectangle ports for official old XBOX1 controllers. I need to buy a tiny screw driver set.

The right stick on old controller turns my character left on its own once in a while. Cause I miss the precise aiming with that controller. I was like instant head shots from anywhere. But with this new controller I just aim for the guts most the time in a hurry with the stiff controller. But other wise bow is nice cause there's always plenty of birds nests.

Explosive bolts in a crossbow are by far the best weapon.lmo. One shot kills.

Ive gotten the schematics for these at least a dozen times, and i completely forgot about them! I will be crafting some next time i play, as i am on on hoard day 56 getting ready for the hoard

Super early game: Bow with stone arrows paired with the best melee weapon I have found (or boring wood club if I haven't found something). Fight packs of zombies at range, if fighting a solo zombie use the bow until I knock them down, then go for a melee headshot.

Late game: Bow with steel arrows and a spiked club for scavenging (I keep my sniper on me but only use it in a pinch).

Horde night late game: Sniper is my most used weapon, but my loadout tends to be sniper, shotgun (with slugs), AK-47, Spiked Club.

I really don't like using guns on zombies other than horde time. If I see a deer or something I will pop out the rifle to make it easy though.

Early game it's definitely what I can find. Late game shot gun with buck shot for that winded effect to slow down dogs, and a spikes club for melee. On horde night, I go high damage and pick up the sniper rifle to pick them off as the come in, and use the shot gun with slugs for max damage.

My personal favourite loadout is:

Machete + Bow + Pistol + Magnum

I'll use them in order of threat, low to high

Horde nights I use rifle and shotgun, to make sure I spread the use of any ammo I find/make and the magnum if things get too hairy...

Early game I prioritise any treasure maps I find to make sure I get the credits to buy a machete as and when it appears at a trader.

• 2 weeks later...
Whichever recipe I get first: sledgehammer or barbed club. Once I get my sledgehammer though, I don't look back. Love that thing. I do keep a barbed club in my backpack as a backup for death runs (I play with toolbelt drop).

I took out a entire roaming horde of like 10 Z's with sledge hammer. Just start the swinging motion while getting near them. So they don't get the upper cut going on.

Archived