Is Console version really THAT bad?

wolfsruede

Hi,

since I enjoyed 7 days to die on PC I wanna try it on console to, and for ps4 its on sale right now.

But on many pages where they reviewed 7dtd for console, it was never above 50%.

And many say its really bad compared to the pc version.

So is 7dtd really that bad on ps4? (I wanna try the multiplayer split screen with my girlfriend)

Thanks for your help, and if you maybe could tell me about some bugs or things I should know, I'd appreciate if you'd tell me!

It is not terrible as some will claim, but if you have played PC, there are limitations on console, that lower it's appeal. Primarily, the multiplayer sucks. PvP is completely broken (4 player limit means you will simply never see each other on the huge map). The 4 player limit is the biggest fail in the port to PS4, well, that and no dedicated servers.

That said, for split screen with the missus, this limitation shouldn't affect you to much.

My rating for the game would be above 50%, but not much above as personally, the lack of PvP multiplayer servers makes the game so much less appealing than its PC counterpart...

Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

What is the sale price, out of interest?

It is not terrible as some will claim, but if you have played PC, there are limitations on console, that lower it's appeal. Primarily, the multiplayer sucks. PvP is completely broken (4 player limit means you will simply never see each other on the huge map). The 4 player limit is the biggest fail in the port to PS4, well, that and no dedicated servers.

That said, for split screen with the missus, this limitation shouldn't affect you to much.

My rating for the game would be above 50%, but not much above as personally, the lack of PvP multiplayer servers makes the game so much less appealing than its PC counterpart...

Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

What is the sale price, out of interest?

I can get it for 15€.

That with the multiplayer doesnt bother me to much, me and my gf wanna play coop in a private game, so not online.

Is the performance okay tho? I also read it's supposed to be really buggy. Is that true?

Exactly as dustipher said, it has its faults but definitely not as bad as some make out. Also, as much as it pains me to say this ;) PS4 is probably the better console to play it on. PC is without doubt, imo, the best platform to play it on, but as long as you're happy taking a step back in newer gameplay additions there is still alot of fun to be had on console

Yeah, it was pretty buggy until a few patches ago, but now the only annoyance I get from PS4 play is chunk loading delay, which although annoying, is not game breaking...

£15 is about where this game should be at anyway. You can prolly pick it up for that on ebay, which means you can always sell on afterwards and get most of your money back...

It has its bugs but I've been playing it on PS4 since it came out and have seen it get more stable, less buggy and the game has been improved considerably. It's a good game, a lot of fun. I spend more time on this game then my others put together.

Hi,

since I enjoyed 7 days to die on PC I wanna try it on console to, and for ps4 its on sale right now.

So is 7dtd really that bad on ps4? (I wanna try the multiplayer split screen with my girlfriend)

Thanks for your help, and if you maybe could tell me about some bugs or things I should know, I'd appreciate if you'd tell me!

so yeah its a 16 but its 7 days on console something some us 7 days fans that can't afford a decent PC we're excited to hear about.

sure its gonna be like playing 7 days to die on a 5 yr old PC and, it wond have as large of a map but ......

that being said PS4 version is solid and split works great , its more alpha 14 -15 hybrid status right now with a sprinkle of a 16 , an on the PS4 the game is considerably more stable , and a decent split screen survival horror voxel building sandbox world games are in short supply these days so i'd say go for it and any how i never trust review's cause im me no one knows what i like and what i don't like

I play it exclusively splitscreen a lot, and I don't think that it is bad. Distant terrain is all blurry and foggy when splitscreen, but that is a small compromise in my opinion. When riding around on the minibike, it will frequently stall to update the terrain. This is a bit more annoying, but doesn't really break the game. Last year, it was buggy enough to be unplayable, but they have since fixed those issues. It is now pretty good and very enjoyable to play.

For ps4 I would say go for it because it has less problems then xbox. I play ps4 and pc and like them both. Yeah it is a step back from pc but it is still fun. Like some others have said ps4 has some problems but nothing game breaking. If you are trying to do split screen I say go for it you both will have fun.

How?

How did this game get released??

Been over a year since I could even play with my friend, (disconnected from server after 5 min, then cant rejoin bug, or if he can, cant interact with anything) so after the update we decided to give it another try. (I kept it installed the entire year)

Day 56, remembering why I loved this game (it IS a great game), our base gets wiped. All storage, food, guns, forge, supplies, everything.

He uninstalled after that. I dont want to play it solo, so guess I am finally done too.

Thanks for trying I guess, is an amazing game, but the worst bug filled and glicthy game, of my entire life of gaming.

Not sure why it got released on console though...in no way, shape or form was this game ready for console. The game breaking bugs are just out of control. Over a year and its still not even working on a basic level...that is UNHEARD of....

I imagine the game ROCKS on PC, as the game is crazy fun if it ever actually worked....

Anyway, disappointing to say the least. Anyway good luck to those who keep playing.

Since you are interested in the splitscreen I say get it. There are simply not enough fun games on splitscreen anymore, they are all multiplayer online shiz. I play this with my husband and its my favorite game.

You will not get distant terrain with splitscreen. Any bugs are generally fixed by turning off the system and clearing the cache. (common ones I have experienced- time freeze, weather freeze, random flooded cave with mystery death spot, very occasional crashes)

All said though...it is fun and well worth it to me personally just because it is splitscreen.

For the price of a few beers its worth getting, but its worth noting that in the console section of this forum the largest sub forum is the bug report one.

It's tied a bit with General discussion which has fewer threads but more posts on said threads.

If you're okay with the possibility of your game save getting deleted at any point in time, then I say go for it. I personally don't play anymore because I've had mutliple saves go poof thanks to all the bugs.

If you're okay with the possibility of your game save getting deleted at any point in time, then I say go for it. I personally don't play anymore because I've had mutliple saves go poof thanks to all the bugs.

This.

If you like spending 90 days on something, just to have it all dissapear, then yeah buy the console version.

This.

If you like spending 90 days on something, just to have it all dissapear, then yeah buy the console version.

It still hurts. Day 176, a literal fortress, with 6 concrete thick, and 20 high walls. Logged in one day, and 2/3rds of the fortress was gone. Of course, the only part left was the minibike garage area, so all of my storage and guns and everything else was gone... Thousands upon thousands of things...

I've played consistently on PS4 since day 1 (release day) and the game has only crashed 3 times. That is with Multiple maps, saves, mess ups, re-starts - all because I wanted to. I must be one of the rare lucky ones that hasn't lost anything from a bug. I can only imagine the frustration you must feel....I do it to myself HA

I bought this game knowing it was still in development and knew to expect problems. I have been happy with my decision, the game keeps getting better and more challenging and I would recommend this to someone and inform them that it is still being improved upon.

If you enjoy the base game on PC, you'll probably enjoy the console version as well. It's still the same game at the basis of it all, but it does have limitations (arbitrarily at times it feels like)

The one limitation everyone seems to agree upon that sucks is the 4 player limit. Player hosting severely limits what can be done in terms of anything beyond just playing with a couple of friends. I don't understand why they don't just rent out servers to those who want to host bigger games. It seems like a no-brainer to me. Cuts out the cost of servers to the devs and allows players more viable choices with how to play the game and actually host big events.

It's really hard to get this game to catch on in terms of audience engagement when the vast majority of it is just you swinging an axe or building a wall. Allowing more people and personalities into the game would help create a better ambience in general in my opinion and that's the one true failing when it comes to this game.

It's fun as hell, but it's just not as much fun as it would be with other people running around surviving the hordes as well

I've played consistently on PS4 since day 1 (release day) and the game has only crashed 3 times. That is with Multiple maps, saves, mess ups, re-starts - all because I wanted to. I must be one of the rare lucky ones that hasn't lost anything from a bug. I can only imagine the frustration you must feel....I do it to myself HA

I bought this game knowing it was still in development and knew to expect problems. I have been happy with my decision, the game keeps getting better and more challenging and I would recommend this to someone and inform them that it is still being improved upon.

You are not the only one or rare ones. PS4 does not have the problems Xbox has. So all these people talking about if you like for all the hard work to be gone then go for it is playing xbox. This guy wants to play the Ps4 version so he will not have those problems as they keep posting. Because he wants to get it on the Ps4 I say go for it he will enjoy it and not have many problems only a few but nothing major.

Ive been playing since December I think on PS4. I play this game, online, offline split screen and also single player. Most of my time is split screen. I have never had a game that I have played as long as this one. have some days playing 10 hours or more. I had a gaming pc back in the day and I played a lot of games on it but honestly I like the portability of the console and the split screen play. I will be buying it for PC as soon as I build another but I will still play PS4 for split screen with my daughter. I would buy it again, in fact those of you who are quitting the game, id buy a couple for $5 for a working DVD! that way you can recoup a little of the money! lol

buy it! its fun and will bring you into another world with split screen.

Hi,

Most of those talking about losing parts of their bases are either Xbox players, or haven't played the game since the old MD5 error that was caused by an in game tree object was fixed. I haven't seen any recent bug reports or complaints about MD5 errors from PS4 players, at least not recently.

The game is pretty good on PS4 as opposed to the Xbox, sad but it is reality unfortunately. So many of the "this game sicks cause I lost my base" comments are reflection of the instability on the Xbox. And since you were asking about PS4 and not Xbox, the likelihood of you experiencing an MD5 error isn't very high. This doesn't mean it can't happen, but it doesn't seem to be a common occurrence on the PS4. Again though, that doesn't mean it won't happen, or couldn't happen. Just that it isn't likely. Although, the PS4 does have a cloud save feature or a USB save feature so you could always upload a copy of the map save as a backup.

My recommendation is give it a shot, you never know. But be aware, there are some major differences between the PC version and console version. Such as no traders, and some items being only available in creative/cheat modes.

I pre ordered this a month before release at first it was buggy as heck, for me on PS4 these days, stable as all get out, the occasional bug like exploding crops but it is the game I have the most hours in on my PS4 excecpt possibly Fallout4 or GTA online. Private multiplayer works well its how I play

Hmm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread but maybe one should look through the bug report section before buying this game on console. Xbox one users should DEFINITELY check it out, good read.

I've posted this in here before, wonder why it was deleted..sad.

Archived