[Mod] Smart Battery Bank

three08

This mod requires SDX

Place your battery bank, then place a battery monitor on top. Hook a generator or solar bank up to the battery bank and the connected power source will start running only when all battery's are depleted and keep running until all battery's are fully charged again. It will also auto refuel generators if you place the Barrel and Pump block next to it. You can disable AutoRefuel in the xml

Note:

• The power source must be connected directly to the battery bank, if there's anything in between it wont be able to toggle the power source on/off. There might be a update later to allow a relay in between.
  • Needs more extensive testing. So far I've only tested it with up to 3 battery's.
  • Not tested on servers.

Download Link

i like the idea behind this :)

Which gave me another idea... you managed to activate the power source depending on the battery. Is there a way to do the same/similar with a motion sensor or timer relay?

F.e. turn on power generation at time X (night) so your lights turn on?

i think there is still a timer relay ingame for this

There is a timer relay. Which can activate traps/lights depending on time but therefor the power source has to run all the time or you have to go and activate it every evening/deactivate in morning.

If the timer could start/stop the power source you would save on fuel.

There is a timer relay. Which can activate traps/lights depending on time but therefor the power source has to run all the time or you have to go and activate it every evening/deactivate in morning.

If the timer could start/stop the power source you would save on fuel.

This setup accomplishes what you are asking

powerconsumers <--- timer relay <--- smartbatterybank <---- generatorbank

Yeah my description was not the best. With this mod you don't need to turn your generator on, the battery bank will turn it on when it needs charging and back off when its fully charged. I haven't tested how long it takes to burn all the fuel but it should last a lot longer than before if you have a full bank of good battery's. Its not really needed on solar but since it worked with it I put it in there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived