A16 - Simple UI

RevenantWit

Is there by any chance you could make a 16:9 version for the 250 slot backpack? I have been trying to configure this all day and cannot seem to edit the correct lines or something. Also if you could inform what lines of code you are editing to make this happen. This would truly be appreciated! I have looked all over to see the different codes editing from different size backpack/storage mods and cannot seem to get the Mini Bike or Storage chests to work correctly. Then when I do I cannot get their huds moved correctly. Seems its just one thing after another LOL.

Is there by any chance you could make a 16:9 version for the 250 slot backpack? I have been trying to configure this all day and cannot seem to edit the correct lines or something. Also if you could inform what lines of code you are editing to make this happen. This would truly be appreciated! I have looked all over to see the different codes editing from different size backpack/storage mods and cannot seem to get the Mini Bike or Storage chests to work correctly. Then when I do I cannot get their huds moved correctly. Seems its just one thing after another LOL.

This version wasn't made with a bigger backpack in mind. And the Simple UI Plus 120 I did might be a good place to start for a 250 backpack. However I did move almost all windows through alot of trial and error Lol

I'd say a good way to see what changes have been made is to download a program called Meld and use it to compare Simple UI with Simple UI Plus. It's a great program and can easily show you where and what changes were made.

So after a long look and testing of moving around coordinates of the items I finally have a decent working windows.xml. There are four things I cannot seem to get working though but other than that looks great! If I could get some input of the four things I am having issues with that would be sweet!

1 and 2) There is a black frame that goes around the craftinginfo, iteminfo and forge smelting grids. Those outlines do not seem to move no matter what I change...

Forge Image: Click Me!

Info Image: Click Me!

3) The crafting info when first opened it is shifted to the right over the backpack for some reason. But when you enter another menu and go back the info spot is back to normal

Shifted Image: Click Me!

Unshifted Image: Click Me!

4) Mini bike storage is overlapping the backpack unsure why that is. I have tried to modify the vehicle storage place under the xml however it did not make any changes at all.

Image: Click Me!

File Download (Windows.xml): Click Me!

They come from:

<sprite depth="5" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" width="603" height="380" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />

3:

is because you added a pos to the window itself. The windows only stack. When you first load directly it will adhere to the pos applied to the window container, when you move away, it will collapse and ignore the pos.

<window name="craftingInfoPanel" [color="#FFFF00"]pos="225,0"[/color] width="603" height="427" controller="CraftingInfoWindow" style="crafting.info.window" panel="Center" cursor_area="true" >

delete this pos^^^

If you must position windows, use position containers instead.

4:

Panel spacing works left to right.

You need to specify a larger width to either the infopanels, or inventory, ideally BOTH should be set equally.

The right panel that minibike storage resides in will obey the end width (right panel start) set by windows in the center panel.

Thank you Dust! Your feedback did help to fix those errors. I did find out via trial and error the mini bike was not working because I had to edit s420's code for the bike. I was unsure if his code took priority to it or not and just messing with it, it did. So that is now fixed just needed the pos moved from 196 or something like that to 225. As of the borders I simply just removed them LOL but plan to bring them back later.

Mod updated

Changelog

v0.6

• Fixed xp bars background and fill so it no longer overlaps bottom border.
  • Returned toolbelt holding highlight back to original thickness for better visibility.
  • Shifted temp and elevation slightly more to the right so it's not so close to the time.
  • Cleaned up and added more comments to the xui.xml to better show my changes
  • Increased forge input from 2 spaces to 3 spaces.
  • Renamed Simple UI No Storage to Simple UI Lite.

Hello, I appreciate this mod the UI looks awesome and the extra forge spot is sweet.

I installed Simple_UI-v0.6 and everything worked great except the increased backpack and minibike storage. I play in 1920x1080 full screen. I rent a gameserver server, I have installed the mod on both my personal comp for single player and on the server. On both versions my storage stays default size.

Is there a way to fix it?

Hello, I appreciate this mod the UI looks awesome and the extra forge spot is sweet.

I installed Simple_UI-v0.6 and everything worked great except the increased backpack and minibike storage. I play in 1920x1080 full screen. I rent a gameserver server, I have installed the mod on both my personal comp for single player and on the server. On both versions my storage stays default size.

Is there a way to fix it?

This version of Simple UI does not include an increased backpack size. That's Simple UI Plus that has that.

For the increased player storage you will need to build new storage containers.

For minibike storage you need to disassemble the minibike and pick up the frame then rebuild the minibike again.

== New edit

I found out how to fix it :)

you can check my combain mod

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7cLNc7LmTxBWXFLNHdSX0cwZ1E

==========|| Here's a list of some of the changes || ============

- Food and Water bars added to the bottom left HUD. (below health)

- Feels like temp added to the bottom left HUD. (above stamina)

- Enlarged toolbelt slots.

- Removed borders from toolbelt slots and bar.

- Toolbelt backround is now a very transparent black.

- Toolbelt slots now have key numbers in top left corner.

- Toolbelt holding color is now green.

- Experience progress bar added above the tool belt.

- Player level with icon added to the top left of the toolbelt.

- Player deaths with icon added to the bottom left of the toolbelt.

- Zombie kill counter with icon added to the top right of the toolbelt.

- PVP kill counter with icon added to the bottom right of the toolbelt.

- Added an outline to the quest tracker.

- Two indicators were added to the top and bottom of the compass to show which way you're facing.

- Outside temp, and Elevation added to the right of day and time under the compass.

- Added buff icons with description and timers. Plus up to eight can be displayed.

- LawnMower: tool to cut grass really fast;

- Auger damage increase: enable 1 hit stone if you have a good quality auger blade.

- Minibike Inventory expansion

- More slots for the generator, battery bank and solar bank

- More fuel capacity for the generator (10.000)

- Changed some resources and items stack sizes

- Max player level: 300

- Increased movement in water

- Instant craft when Quicker Crafting perk is max level

- No quality loss during repairs when The Fixer perk is max level

- Added recipes: LawnMower, oil, paper, solar bank, steel polish

==================================================================

== old ===

Here's the links for Alpha 16.2 Experimental (b7)

Simple UI v0.6

Simple UI Lite v0.6

I will try and update the op and the nexusmods links tomorrow evening if I have time.

Helo .. thanks for your awesome mod . im new with mod thing and i want to use your mod + znation(YT) mod

he mod list :
Mods list:
- LawnMower: tool to cut grass really fast;
- Auger damage increase: enable 1 hit stone if you have a good quality auger blade.
- Minibike Inventory expansion
- More slots for the generator, battery bank and solar bank 
- More fuel capacity for the generator (10.000)
- Changed some resources and items stack sizes
- Max player level: 300
- Increased movement in water
- Instant craft when Quicker Crafting perk is max level
- No quality loss during repairs when The Fixer perk is max level 
- Added recipes: LawnMower, oil, paper, solar bank, steel polish

im try look manual 1 by 1 but i cant find where difrent setting :(

can you help me . please thank you

Hi,

I have registered an account to specially thank you for this wonderful mod!

I personally have no knowledge about programming. I am so delighted to find this.

Clean and simple UI, very helpful! Thank you. :encouragement::watermelon:

Wow thanks and welcome to the forums :smile-new:

== New edit

I found out how to fix it :)

Guess I was too late to help out. Glad to see you got it working and are enjoying the mod.

You may think about posting your mod in a new thread though as this thread is for Simple UI. Thanks :smile-new:

Wow thanks and welcome to the forums :smile-new:

Guess I was too late to help out. Glad to see you got it working and are enjoying the mod.

You may think about posting your mod in a new thread though as this thread is for Simple UI. Thanks :smile-new:

no .. this not my mod like i said in "read me" i have no claim my mood all gose to creator its you and Z-nation

I have a question/request. The mod I'm currently playing has many additional workstations than the vanilla. If I just want to use the increased minibike storage part of your UI mod, which codes would I copy over?

Loot.xml

<!-- minibike storage -->
<lootcontainer id="62" count="0" size="18,12" sound_open="UseActions/open_shopping_basket" open_time="0" sound_close="UseActions/close_shopping_basket" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
</lootcontainer>

Edit - size="18,12" to your required needs.

Windows.xml

<window name="S420windowVehicleStorage" pos="225,806" width="903" height="262" depth="5" panel="Right" anchor="CenterTop" backgroundcolor="[black]" cursor_area="true" >
	<panel name="header" pos="225,806" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">
		<button depth="1" name="btnSort" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="21,-21" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack" tooltip_key="lblSortContainer" sound="[paging_click]" />
		<label style="header.name" text="MINIBIKE STORAGE" text_key="xuiMinibikeStorage" />
	</panel>

<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="15" cols="12" pos="225,763" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">
		<item_stack name="0"/>
	</grid>

<panel name="emptyPanel" height="1125" depth="" pos="225,763" backgroundcolor="[darkGrey]" bordercolor="[black]" visible="false">
		<sprite depth="4" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
		<label pos="0,-180" depth="3" name="descriptionText" width="100%" height="80" text="ADD BASKET TO ACCESS STORAGE." text_key="xuiEmptyVehicleStorage" justify="center" font_size="24"/>
	</panel>
</window>

Edit - name="inventory" rows="18" cols="12" change the numbers to match your Loot.xml

A16.2

Hello,

The game suddenly doesn't start properly tonight. I have tried my best to figure it out but no success. :miserable:

I just went to look if there is an update today. YES, there is an update a16.2. If I verify the files, the game launches successfully but I can't close my enlarged storage box which I have created with the MOD. I will be very happy to see an new update of the MOD soon. Really thank you to provide us this beautiful UI! :strawberry:

Loot.xml

<!-- minibike storage -->
<lootcontainer id="62" count="0" size="18,12" sound_open="UseActions/open_shopping_basket" open_time="0" sound_close="UseActions/close_shopping_basket" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
</lootcontainer>

Edit - size="18,12" to your required needs.

Windows.xml

<window name="S420windowVehicleStorage" pos="225,806" width="903" height="262" depth="5" panel="Right" anchor="CenterTop" backgroundcolor="[black]" cursor_area="true" >
	<panel name="header" pos="225,806" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">
		<button depth="1" name="btnSort" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="21,-21" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack" tooltip_key="lblSortContainer" sound="[paging_click]" />
		<label style="header.name" text="MINIBIKE STORAGE" text_key="xuiMinibikeStorage" />
	</panel>

<grid depth="2" name="inventory" rows="15" cols="12" pos="225,763" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="VehicleContainer">
		<item_stack name="0"/>
	</grid>

<panel name="emptyPanel" height="1125" depth="" pos="225,763" backgroundcolor="[darkGrey]" bordercolor="[black]" visible="false">
		<sprite depth="4" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
		<label pos="0,-180" depth="3" name="descriptionText" width="100%" height="80" text="ADD BASKET TO ACCESS STORAGE." text_key="xuiEmptyVehicleStorage" justify="center" font_size="24"/>
	</panel>
</window>

Edit - name="inventory" rows="18" cols="12" change the numbers to match your Loot.xml

For the windows.xml, do I add that coding? Because the "S420windowVehicleStorage" doesn't seem to exist in the xml file of the mod I'm using. The closest thing was just "windowVehicleStorage," but when I copied the rest of the coding over that just messed it up.

@CrypticGirl

Yes you would need to add that window to the windows.xml. You also will need to find windowVehicleStorage in the xui.xml and change it to S420windowVehicleStorage. Then don't forget to change the loot.xml to match your grid size. You also will need the S420windowVehicle and S420windowVehicleStats from the windows.xml then edit the xui.xml to match. I would recommend taking a look at how it's done in Simple UI and using it's code to begin with as the posted code has been edited and is quite large.

EDIT:

Or for better info on just doing minibike storage you might check out the following thread

Mini Bike Storage x2 & x3

@Moses_5

It would depend on what version your coming from as well as what version of the game your xmls came from. My best recommendation without knowing more info would be to back up your current xml's and experiment.

Archived