A16E NPC Survivor and Bandit MOD

Nanashi

Not sure why its saying its closed when its clearly not or I wouldnt be able to post this. That being said A16 doesnt add allot of the NPCs in this mod anyway so not sure why you would wanna close it instead of just editing out the stuff they added with the official updates and keeping the others in the mod.

No, it was done for the last experimental before stable. You could probably use snippets from it for stable though. Dont see how the npcs and bandits would change much. Only way to know is to try it out but i havent.

thanks, I pretty much just downloaded it, seems to work fine with stable.. way too many bandits and survivors thou.. as long as you don't use the spawning and customize your own should work fine.

thanks, I pretty much just downloaded it, seems to work fine with stable.. way too many bandits and survivors thou.. as long as you don't use the spawning and customize your own should work fine.

So glad im not the only one who loaded this in (minus the selectjob stuff) and found way to many bandits and surivors all over the place.

Also they seem to move too fast for there animations.

Also when a bandit runs out of ammo they seem to just stop dead and do nothing. maybe they need a knife as an alternative weapon to swap to when they run out of bullets.

Ive also found that the melee combat seems abit hit and miss. so i mean this kind of works in A16 but seems to spawn to many, and i feel like the shooters try and shoot you from to far away.

Any comments on how to fix any of this are welcome.

So glad im not the only one who loaded this in (minus the selectjob stuff) and found way to many bandits and surivors all over the place.

Also when a bandit runs out of ammo they seem to just stop dead and do nothing. maybe they need a knife as an alternative weapon to swap to when they run out of bullets.

Ive also found that the melee combat seems abit hit and miss. so i mean this kind of works in A16 but seems to spawn to many, and i feel like the shooters try and shoot you from to far away.

just take out the spawning file and try to add in what you want.. maybe even add some probabilities for some of them.

Give the bandits unlimited ammo that should fix the stop dead doing nothing anims

Give the bandits unlimited ammo that should fix the stop dead doing nothing anims

Hahaha, yeah except im not sure i wanna give them unlimited molitoves & rockets. they waste that ♥♥♥♥ too fast as it is. lol

Yeah i think ill have to though, since they stop trying to engage once they are out of ammo.

just take out the spawning file and try to add in what you want.. maybe even add some probabilities for some of them.

Yeah i was hoping for a solution where i could control the number of them vs regular zombies etc in an easier way. i guess trial and error is all i got.

Also is there any sandbox type way of easily tweaking changes like this without having to stop server, reload server, launch game connect back in etc. its such a hassle. lol

Yeah man, trial and error is where it's at. Sometimes you will have a finished mod an you can just plug it in and times like this when you have to tinker a bit. I had to play with stallions dens followers and bandits mods in a15. So did guppy, stompy, spider and others.

Thats cool, yeah i just wondered if i was doing this the stupid way and there was some dev kit or someway of loading the game into unity or something and messing around "on the fly""in realtime" type thing.

oh well, last weekend was me trying to get 90 slot backpack to work with A16, since it was only a15 compatible, i guess this weekend will be me trying to get spawning just right. Theres no easy spawn editor is there? i know about the excel doc someone did to help with BloodMoon stuff, nothing like that for spawns around is there?

Thats cool, yeah i just wondered if i was doing this the stupid way and there was some dev kit or someway of loading the game into unity or something and messing around "on the fly""in realtime" type thing.

oh well, last weekend was me trying to get 90 slot backpack to work with A16, since it was only a15 compatible, i guess this weekend will be me trying to get spawning just right. Theres no easy spawn editor is there? i know about the excel doc someone did to help with BloodMoon stuff, nothing like that for spawns around is there?

I have a 95 slot backpack dll lol in my backpack expansion thread ..... or I could do a 90 slot if you really must lol

I have a 95 slot backpack dll lol in my backpack expansion thread ..... or I could do a 90 slot if you really must lol

Yeah i think from what i read though, the dll mod one requires all players to also download that dll. am i right? also i didnt even end up doing 90, we only did 48, we just wanted abit more then normal but not as if we carrying Mary Poppins handbag with us. lol

If your dll switch out isnt needed by all players then i will definitely have to give it a try over what i managed to change in the windows.xml

I found so many parts that are still wrong and stuff.

Let me know. Tah.

Yeah i think from what i read though, the dll mod one requires all players to also download that dll. am i right? also i didnt even end up doing 90, we only did 48, we just wanted abit more then normal but not as if we carrying Mary Poppins handbag with us. lol

If your dll switch out isnt needed by all players then i will definitely have to give it a try over what i managed to change in the windows.xml

I found so many parts that are still wrong and stuff.

Let me know. Tah.

Yes all players require the modded dll to unfortunately.

compatibility with Valmod?

is there a way to get this working with Valmod?

i tried splicing the files together with notepad++ and adjusted IDs as needed but the game hangs when loading. It gets as for as "Loading Items" and just hangs.

has anyone managed to do this with any success?

is there a way to get this working with Valmod?

i tried splicing the files together with notepad++ and adjusted IDs as needed but the game hangs when loading. It gets as for as "Loading Items" and just hangs.

has anyone managed to do this with any success?

You sure you spliced everything together? There are alot of xml changes with bandits and survivors in this mod. Items, blocks, groups, spawning, etc. Also, the mod adds some stuff it probably shouldnt, like starter classes and some recipe changes, since its supposed to be an npc mod and not other stuff. I dont know if valmar has put out individual mods for a16 but you might want to try adding some of those and see what happens unless you really know what youre doing with the overhaul. I got it working with compopack and valmod during experimental but it was alot of work going through ids, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

any update to this mod? 16.2?

So I tried with it the lastest update on 16.2.

There seem to be way too many survivor roaming around. I rarely see any zombies.

Is there a way to edit the zombie human ratio. I personally want it to be rare.

Easiest way to tweak the spawn rate is to go into the entitygroups.xml file and add the "invisibleAnimal" entry to the

"BanditGroup" and "SurvivorGroup" entries.

Include the line

<entity name="invisibleAnimal" prob="10" /> to roughly halve the prevalence of bandits/survivors.

Something like

<entity name="invisibleAnimal" prob="100" /> should cut their appearance to about 1/10.

• 2 weeks later...
Easiest way to tweak the spawn rate is to go into the entitygroups.xml file and add the "invisibleAnimal" entry to the

"BanditGroup" and "SurvivorGroup" entries.

Include the line

<entity name="invisibleAnimal" prob="10" /> to roughly halve the prevalence of bandits/survivors.

Something like

<entity name="invisibleAnimal" prob="100" /> should cut their appearance to about 1/10.

Thanks for the tip worked out good since I don't have a battle royal going on when I spawn in.

I havent seen many stand alone bandit/NPC mods on here beside the few that are included in big mod packs. Does anyone know of any better ones or is this about it for now?

Edit- Mind you I have my own game is heavily modded with my own picks from here and there. Just bandits and NPCs are new to me but don't mind dipping my toe in if I'm pointed in a simple direction.

Thanks for the tip worked out good since I don't have a battle royal going on when I spawn in.

I havent seen many stand alone bandit/NPC mods on here beside the few that are included in big mod packs. Does anyone know of any better ones or is this about it for now?

I've tried and looked at many big mods here and have yet to see working Bandits integrated in the mods.

Check my mod if you haven't checked it out yet https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?71577-Expanded-Vanilla. Sure it's not a standalone bandit mod but it's not a big mod pack either. If you want close-to vanilla experience, it might be for you.

Archived