can Nintendo Switch specs handle 7 Days To Die?

knighthonor

Nope because there will be no exclusives for Scorpio compared to xbox one. So basically its just going to upscale or handle some games better. No exclusive content in any way.

I would qualify that with a big "yet". Maybe it will be a year or two, but I would bet a day's pay that eventually you will see games that require the Scorpio. It is "backward compatible"; they aren't labeling the Xbox One as "forward compatible".

"The Kinect is a required component of the Xbox One."

"We are not going to allow any resale of used games."

"There are no plans for backward compatibility with Xbox 360."

"All games will be available for both Scorpio and Xbox One."

At worst, there will be games that are "Scorpio aware", and enable extra features when the upgraded hardware is detected. Say, extended draw distance (not just terrain) for 7d2d.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Yes, i know, it is a little bit outdated, but:

i play 7DTD on my Core 2 PC with 8 GB RAM. Some Lag's that i can handle, no worry.

i play DOOM (2016) on my Nintendo Switch, running verry good.

And now the great shock:

i buy the Nintendo Switch because my PC can't run DOOM (2016), no chance

and for that money needed for a new PC i get 2 Nintendo Switch'es

So, if Doom is running on the Switch, but not on my PC,

and 7DTD run on my PC, it would run on a Nintendo Switch

The only question is:

Will there be a portation on that console or do i have to crack my Switch?

Yes, i know, it is a little bit outdated, but:

i play 7DTD on my Core 2 PC with 8 GB RAM. Some Lag's that i can handle, no worry.

i play DOOM (2016) on my Nintendo Switch, running verry good.

And now the great shock:

i buy the Nintendo Switch because my PC can't run DOOM (2016), no chance

and for that money needed for a new PC i get 2 Nintendo Switch'es

So, if Doom is running on the Switch, but not on my PC,

and 7DTD run on my PC, it would run on a Nintendo Switch

The only question is:

Will there be a portation on that console or do i have to crack my Switch?

1. Doom is not a 3D Voxel game. More details in this thread... What is the difference between a Voxel game, and all the other games I play?

2. There was a LOT of work done reducing textures and with client optimization to get it to run on the Switch.

3. No, even with Unity 2019 and full optimization, the Switch does not have anywhere near the processing power for a 3D Voxel game of this nature. (I've already covered this multiple times.)

4. Since this thread died over two years ago, the requirements for the base client have increased.

5. Even if you "cracked" your Switch, it couldn't handle the game client. It literally runs at least 3 times below the minimum requirements when docked, and 6 times slower on the battery. I covered this in great detail earlier in the thread right here.

What you want is absolutely not possible. It very likely will never be possible.

Since the discussion has already been beaten to death, and then resurrected, it's time to put it out of it's misery.

tumblr_mw7rhhDdBU1rdh4e0o1_500.gif

Archived