[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Picking up items with a crowbar and trying to place them: You are holding a bag, not the item, so placement is hit or miss with regard to orientation. Also, the items you pick up with a crowbar are buggy with regard to using as tools. To test this out, just place a few forges and anvils and pick them up with a crowbar. Place the forge you picked up down and try to put the anvil you picked up as a tool in the forge. It won't accept it (I don't have the iron yet to test which one is the buggy one - forge or anvil, but I suspect the anvil). I am wondering if you the item you are giving us from the crowbar is somehow different?

Edit: I don't know enough about how the game returns items, but in vanilla, the item returned is named exactly the same as the block id. It seems you guys added "work" prefix as a standard but it doesn't look like the items returned have "work" in them. Either way, if you know how to fix it can you post how if Spider doesn't think it's serious enough for a mod update? Blindly placing workstations is annoying but not game breaking. Not being able to use an anvil you made as a tool is an inconvenience since it just means I need to craft a new anvil.

For those of you who experienced resets as described above, were you playing single player, multiplayer, or playing on a server. As far as I recall, every occurrence of this has been on single player, but I want to be sure before trying to track this down.

As a precaution, please backup your save directory before updating the game via the launcher and playing.

Single player, and I have had these complete resets happen 3 times now in total

Is it intended that the mathematics for burning wood times are the complete opposite of what they should be ?

Throwing a log on a fire should provide a far lengthier burn time than a pile of wood/sticks cut from said log, especially considering any and all materials that would be lost as sawdust when cutting it up.

I understand from a game perspective that perhaps the intention was to make room for the whole 'more work should provide more reward' thing, and if this is the case, then leave it be, but if it is supposed to be 'true survival' then it aint.

For quest purposes this number (20) should probably be decreased as you indicated. I will discuss it with the team.

I know you are not suggesting we change anything other than that, but as you probably know, the mechanic that you only get experience upon item completion is a vanilla game function though and cant (easily) be changed. I also think that mechanic should not be changed, as a core principle of 7D2D is you get experience from doing, not waiting.

In regards to this quest, can it be made similar to the boil 2x cans of water or leather quests, where it ticks over when you collect the item from the workstation rather than need to be there when each one ticks over ?

Its more than just the antlers, its most things you get from animals, croc teeth fish heads antlers pig tails lots of fun things, (Hunting is NOT fun to level up lol)

It may not be fun, but its certainly not hard or slow (unless they changed the way that stabbing a durable block with a bunch of stone knives raises the skill)

It may not be fun, but its certainly not hard or slow (unless they changed the way that stabbing a durable block with a bunch of stone knives raises the skill)

Hunting is only gained from crafting bones now. Using knives/daggers/etc to finish off blocks for the XP gain raises bladed skill.

so, I went to the store and when I got back , continued my new game, was doing ok and stopped to get soothing to eat. just went to continue and all it does is start a new game. sometimes random, sometimes Navezgane. I cant seem to win .. whats up ??

Launcher makes it all much easier

I personally like manually installing things. I wonder if there is a way if the github files are different from the launch version...

I checked some of the errors I was getting and it is as if some of the references to the custom models and icons have un needed symbols in them.

Not at my computer at the moment or I would find a example of it.

Killed a zombie brute, it was an epic battle, he dropped a pen.

I'm all for education and kudos to the brute for taking his school work seriously but I feel that a 200 pound, fully armored zombie tank should have something else besides school supplies.

RNG: Hi Erik, how do you do ?

Killed a zombie brute, it was an epic battle, he dropped a pen.

I'm all for education and kudos to the brute for taking his school work seriously but I feel that a 200 pound, fully armored zombie tank should have something else besides school supplies.

<grin> The brute currently has the generic zombie loot attached to it, so nothing great will currently drop anyway. I put changing that loot table onto my list for any next patch.

Archived