[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Hi,

I did a install using the 7D2D launcher with advanced option - but when launching the game I get the following error:

SDX: Could not find bundle "Paprika"

error loading and parsing blocks.xml

Any ideas ???

If you are looking at a log file, and see that SDX is initializing, but it's failing to find bundles, it could be because of the %AppData%\Roaming\SDX\. Searching for EnabledMods.txt under C:\Users\ should find it for most people.

If the EnabledMods.txt has an entry for Starvation, or TrueSurvival, and the flag is set to 0, then the bundles for the Resources folder won't be loaded. This appears to be a global read file, even if you are not using the SDX Launcher.

Just delete that SDX folder and try launching the mod from the 7d2d launcher again.

Repairing Barbed Wire. Im not sure I agree with it being repaired with scrap Iron. That would make it repairable on day 1 and I don't think that's a day one trap. The reason that it takes Forged Iron is because that makes it a Level 25 Trap and means you must be able to craft Iron to use and maintain this trap. Maybe the repair cost needs looking at but I dont think the repair item needs to be changed

I believe we can currently build Barbed Wire fences at level 10 (the requirement for the Forge) but we can't repair them until level 25 (the requirement for forged iron). And if we do try to repair them the cost per fence is 1 forged iron (40 scrap to build) which is greater than just building a new fence instead (30 scrap to build). So Barbed Wire Fence use is NOT trapped at level 25, only the ability to repair them more economically than replacing them is.

I think the fences are great for use in base defense and provide interesting options in how to design around their use, but given how many end up damaged/destroyed following current horde night activity the resource costs and/or level requirements to repair/replace them are out of whack.

If you are looking at a log file, and see that SDX is initializing, but it's failing to find bundles, it could be because of the %AppData%\Roaming\SDX\. Searching for EnabledMods.txt under C:\Users\ should find it for most people.

If the EnabledMods.txt has an entry for Starvation, or TrueSurvival, and the flag is set to 0, then the bundles for the Resources folder won't be loaded. This appears to be a global read file, even if you are not using the SDX Launcher.

Just delete that SDX folder and try launching the mod from the 7d2d launcher again.

Cannot find folder SDX or file ??

Is this mod even supporting 15.2 ??

After sitting here doing trial and error for a while...

True-Survival-SDX files from Github

Commits on Apr 19, 2017 - Gave my last large error post

Commits on Apr 15, 2017 - Gave the exact error listed above or when attempting to use the Mod Installer

Commits on Apr 14, 2017 - Gave a short freeze when loading but DID LOAD!

I'm having the same problem as Ripper270. When I went to %AppData%\Roaming\SDX\ the SDX folder did not contain the EnabledMods.txt file but i went ahead and deleted the SDX folder and reloaded the mod getting the same loading error

ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#paprika?smallPlantPrefab' not found on block with id 260)

ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

Previous to the error i got this, not sure if it matters

WRN [MODS] C:/7d2dlauncher/Spider/True_Survival_SDX/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/Mod with same name already loaded, ignoring

I installed the mod using the 7D2D Launcher in Advanced Mode on a fresh install of the game. Any help would be appreciated

Question about Stutter in Towns / Wilderness (Everywhere)

Hey there guys, I love True Survival SDX so much! But I got a question regarding stuttering and lag in towns / wilderness. It seems that followers (When they attack / shoot / melee zombie or something hostile ) my PC stutters as hell. I have clean install of Win 10, defragmented disc, newest graphic drivers for my GPU. However, HDD isn't hearable when the stutter happens, same with graphic lag. My PC runs on high / ultra graphics with no problem, so I guess it's some issue with followers. Now for my question - is there any way to solve this issue or to disable followers completely? I have a feeling it's fixable only by removing them (same with bandits sadly).

I am using GPU - AMD Sapphire 2GB HD, Intel core i5 2500K 3,3GHz CPU and 16 gigs of ram so that's not the issue. Game runs good, however, this stutter when followers spawn / attack / shoot is insane. For example, when I went to Hub in Creative, bandits spawned and started shooting, stutter was so intense that I had like 2 fps or less. Insane. Any tips or help or possible feedback with same issue? My world is Multiplayer ( I play with my gf from time to time if that helps - no SP world.)

Cheers! Love True Survival!

I'm having the same problem as Ripper270. When I went to %AppData%\Roaming\SDX\ the SDX folder did not contain the EnabledMods.txt file but i went ahead and deleted the SDX folder and reloaded the mod getting the same loading error

ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#paprika?smallPlantPrefab' not found on block with id 260)

ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

Previous to the error i got this, not sure if it matters

WRN [MODS] C:/7d2dlauncher/Spider/True_Survival_SDX/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/Mod with same name already loaded, ignoring

I installed the mod using the 7D2D Launcher in Advanced Mode on a fresh install of the game. Any help would be appreciated

The first error in the output log is almost always the important one. In this case the SDX mod isn't loading because it thinks an SDX mod has already been loaded. Since the mod didnt load, you are getting block errors.

Not sure why you are getting the error: WRN [MODS] C:/7d2dlauncher/Spider/True_Survival_SDX/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/Mod with same name already loaded, ignoring - but this seems to be your problem. The Mods folder should be located in the same directory as the 7DaystoDie_Data folder, not inside of it. I'm guessing your sdxconfig file (settings.ini) might not be correct. That file is located in the 7DaystoDie_Data\managed directory. Let me know what that file looks like. It should point to the True_Survival_SDX directory, so it knows where to find the Mods directory.

I just returned and updated my game using the 7D2D launcher, and also updated my dedicated server with the new build, and I do not get these errors. Have you previously run the starvation mod or otherwise played with the SDX build tool? Are you trying to start a new game, or trying to play an old save game? Are you running on Windows?

Let me know what you guys find out.

The first error in the output log is almost always the important one. In this case the SDX mod isn't loading because it thinks an SDX mod has already been loaded. Since the mod didnt load, you are getting block errors.

Not sure why you are getting the error: WRN [MODS] C:/7d2dlauncher/Spider/True_Survival_SDX/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/Mod with same name already loaded, ignoring - but this seems to be your problem. The Mods folder should be located in the same directory as the 7DaystoDie_Data folder, not inside of it. I'm guessing your sdxconfig file (settings.ini) might not be correct. That file is located in the 7DaystoDie_Data\managed directory. Let me know what that file looks like. It should point to the True_Survival_SDX directory, so it knows where to find the Mods directory.

I just returned and updated my game using the 7D2D launcher, and also updated my dedicated server with the new build, and I do not get these errors. Have you previously run the starvation mod or otherwise played with the SDX build tool? Are you trying to start a new game, or trying to play an old save game? Are you running on Windows?

Sounds like there may have already been a mods folder or something. It could be an old Mods folder in the Steam copy of the game, which gets copied over by the Mod Launcher. That's why I recommend the Steam copy of the mod to be completely clean.

I'm guessing that's their issue.

Hey there guys, I love True Survival SDX so much! But I got a question regarding stuttering and lag in towns / wilderness. It seems that followers (When they attack / shoot / melee zombie or something hostile ) my PC stutters as hell. I have clean install of Win 10, defragmented disc, newest graphic drivers for my GPU. However, HDD isn't hearable when the stutter happens, same with graphic lag. My PC runs on high / ultra graphics with no problem, so I guess it's some issue with followers. Now for my question - is there any way to solve this issue or to disable followers completely? I have a feeling it's fixable only by removing them (same with bandits sadly).

I am using GPU - AMD Sapphire 2GB HD, Intel core i5 2500K 3,3GHz CPU and 16 gigs of ram so that's not the issue. Game runs good, however, this stutter when followers spawn / attack / shoot is insane. For example, when I went to Hub in Creative, bandits spawned and started shooting, stutter was so intense that I had like 2 fps or less. Insane. Any tips or help or possible feedback with same issue? My world is Multiplayer ( I play with my gf from time to time if that helps - no SP world.)

Cheers! Love True Survival!

My daughter has an old GPU and she experiences the exact same thing every time any follower moves or fights. Even with the graphics settings set to lowest possible, she drops from 40+ fps to about 3. If I kill the followers in the immediate area she is fine. Spider just stopped the followers from spawning after initial world setup, with a 250 day delay, so if you kill any followers while they are standing still you should eliminate the problem. It seems to only happen on older cards. She is running an AMD 5770 (well, she just got a new card delivered today thanks to dear old dad) So hopefully I will have more data on this soon. We do not know the exact reason for this issue, so cannot find a solution other than recommend folks turn down UMA textures in hopes that will help some.

How old is the GPU that you are using?

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like there may have already been a mods folder or something. It could be an old Mods folder in the Steam copy of the game, which gets copied over by the Mod Launcher. That's why I recommend the Steam copy of the mod to be completely clean.

I'm guessing that's their issue.

That would explain it. Guys, delete the mod and use the "download from steam" option to install the base game files then retry.

heres what the setting.ini file looks like

[Main]

TargetDir = C:\7d2dlauncher\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

TargetName =7 Days To Die

I have previously run both True Survival JZ and Starvation, but neither were through SDX. I am trying to start a new game using Windows 10.

heres what the setting.ini file looks like

[Main]

TargetDir = C:\7d2dlauncher\Spider\True_Survival_SDX

TargetName =7 Days To Die

I have previously run both True Survival JZ and Starvation, but neither were through SDX. I am trying to start a new game using Windows 10.

I don't even think the settings.ini file gets used. Check your Steam copy, and make sure there's no Mods folder. If there is, you can delete it, and then delete the mod, then re-create it. If you don't want to delete the Mods folder in your steam copy, for some reason, then you can do as xyth suggests, and re-create it using the Download From Steam option

I don't even use the launcher! And i have a fresh install of 7 days to die then just downloaded the mod and copy/paste and still i get the errors with blocks.xml and some others. I reinstalled the game, restarted my PC, Reinstalled the mod and even redownloaded the game but to no luck. I think i am ♥♥♥♥ed :(

Jeo and xyth, added you on steam. Could use some input on certain things. Well, specifically i would like some of the new guns/melee weps added to bandit weapon group so i can give npcs (bandits and followers) some of them. Also, the metal zombies, want to ask you about them. Have some time today so can work on them a bit.

I looked, I don't see you. Maybe this place I'm at doesn't really fully allow Steam. I dunno. But if it's how to activate different damage categories for Zombies, literally you just have to add a property for DamageCategory to the EntityClass.xml object, just like you would for a material.

<entityclass name="MetalZombie" >
 <!-- Sets the damage category of this entity to be some arbitrary string value -->
 <property name="DamageCategory" value="metal" />
 <!-- ... -->
</entityclass>

Don't actually set a material type for the entity, because that will also add other information we don't want to be on the entry. Just add the DamageCategory. You could easily make the SurfaceCategory wood, metal, steel, or something new and exotic like "boss" or "mook". Be sparing with new categories, because unless otherwise specified on the weapon used's <Item ...> entry, the new DamageBonus will be "1":

<item name="MookslayerBat">
 <!-- Set the damage bonus for this weapon to do 1/10th damage to bosses, and 10 times more to mooks -->
 <property name="Action0">
   <property name="Class" value="Melee"/>
   <property name="DamageBonus.Boss" value="0.1"/>
   <property name="DamageBonus.Mook" value="10"/>
 </property>
 <!-- ... -->
</item>

We don't have Boss and Mook "Damage Classes"... but we could is my point. Note that I capitalized the damage class, this time. The game runs ToLower() on it, so it's not case sensitive. Try to be consistent tho, because I can't assert that to be true through the entire code path.

I don't even use the launcher! And i have a fresh install of 7 days to die then just downloaded the mod and copy/paste and still i get the errors with blocks.xml and some others. I reinstalled the game, restarted my PC, Reinstalled the mod and even redownloaded the game but to no luck. I think i am ♥♥♥♥ed :(

When you say a fresh, do you mean that you re-validated in steam? Or did you delete the 7 days to die folder, then re-validate?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19881[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

That's what it says when i try every single time, Even though i have reinstalled and tried almost everything :/

The paprika problem. You're not actually loading SDX. Make sure that Settings.ini in 7DaysToDie_data\Managed points to the local installation of True Survival properly, and run the actual program with the command line switch: "7DaysToDie.exe -sdxconfig=C:\Whatever\Your\Path\To\True-Survival-SDX\\7DaysToDie_data\Managed\settings.ini"

Or, you know, use the launcher to do precisely that, anyways.

When you say a fresh, do you mean that you re-validated in steam? Or did you delete the 7 days to die folder, then re-validate?

I've done everything bobba has done and have same issues. Highly frustrating. I've deleted 7dtd completely and all its folders. Reinstalled fresh, redid 7dtd mod launcher, search entire of for mods folders and deleted one that had starvation. Retried that. Only thing I havent tried is downloading from steam using the 7dtd mod launcher.

I tried both, None of them works. And i have only 1 7 days to die folder install on my PC. And when i downloaded the mod and copy/paste it to the folder it should work right? it has worked before :/ I reinstalled my PC some week ago so that's why i need to do it all over again but nothing works actually.

If one of you is using the Mod Launcher, try to start up the game. When it fails, go back to the Mod Launcher, go to the View menu, and click on Log Files. You'll see a small drop down; select the game's output.txt file, and click on the Upload log file button. Then give us the pastebin.com link it gives you.

That'll help us troubleshoot.

The paprika problem. You're not actually loading SDX. Make sure that Settings.ini in 7DaysToDie_data\Managed points to the local installation of True Survival properly, and run the actual program with the command line switch: "7DaysToDie.exe -sdxconfig=C:\Whatever\Your\Path\To\True-Survival-SDX\\7DaysToDie_data\Managed\settings.ini"

Or, you know, use the launcher to do precisely that, anyways.

The command line thing i have never needed for this mod ever. (Talking about the mod without the launcher)

- - - Updated - - -

If i need it now all of a sudden then how do i do that without the mod launcher thing?

Archived