[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Another very minor bug. Chopped down a redwood tree, got 50 "Redwood". The wood is really colored red but looks like wood. Issue is you cant do anything but scrap it. I suggest a recipe to make redwood blocks out of it as a replacement or companion to the existing recipe for redwood blocks that use a flower as dye.

Already a thing. There is a Red Wood Perk with the recipe. The Block is very strong for wood. We could change this to just drop a lot of wood or something. open to suggestions for the Red Wood Trees

Already a thing. There is a Red Wood Perk with the recipe. The Block is very strong for wood. We could change this to just drop a lot of wood or something. open to suggestions for the Red Wood Trees

I agree, change to just drop alot of normal wood. I was going to do just this thing on my server. Even the redwood icon, just the color of it is ugly to me lol

As with vanilla, I really feel as though animal hide and leather armor are really missing out on their place in the game, which is a huge shame. Scrap armor is so close that its really not worth sinking points into anything else. And I always feel a twinge of sadness when I overlook leather/hide armors for this reason.

My suggestion would be to make animal hide armor freely craftable and only gated by your stash of hides. In the part of the game where hide armor should be used, obtaining large amounts of hides with an idea to make armor is already a gate in its self and need not suck up precious points as well.

As far as leather goes, it should feel like a natural progression from animal hide [on the way to scrap armor] but at the moment it almost feels like its a sidestep off the pathway to the more endgame armors. It is therefore pretty easily avoided if you have your eye set on bigger goals.

Bring the cost of leather down to take the place of animal hide, and push scrap a little further away, perhaps make it require metal working table, or even something a little more well thought out.

I'm a strong believer that each armor set should have its own strengths and weaknesses, but I understand there might be limitations in the core game coding that might make this difficult to mod in eg: leather is quiet and fast, metal armor is loud and slow.

I also think that each armor set should really have its own niche as far as protection goes. No [or very limited] stat overlap would encourage players to progress into each set, chasing more protection/benefits etc, and pairing this very closely with each sets attainability [through loot drops/crafting skills/recipe material etc] would encourage players to focus on perfecting and maintaining what armor sets they can craft [and own through other means]

This mod has some terrific and well thought out recipes for items, but it could do with some tweaks here and there.

Am I alone in these thoughts ?

As with vanilla, I really feel as though animal hide and leather armor are really missing out on their place in the game, which is a huge shame. Scrap armor is so close that its really not worth sinking points into anything else. And I always feel a twinge of sadness when I overlook leather/hide armors for this reason.

My suggestion would be to make animal hide armor freely craftable and only gated by your stash of hides. In the part of the game where hide armor should be used, obtaining large amounts of hides with an idea to make armor is already a gate in its self and need not suck up precious points as well.

As far as leather goes, it should feel like a natural progression from animal hide [on the way to scrap armor] but at the moment it almost feels like its a sidestep off the pathway to the more endgame armors. It is therefore pretty easily avoided if you have your eye set on bigger goals.

Bring the cost of leather down to take the place of animal hide, and push scrap a little further away, perhaps make it require metal working table, or even something a little more well thought out.

I'm a strong believer that each armor set should have its own strengths and weaknesses, but I understand there might be limitations in the core game coding that might make this difficult to mod in eg: leather is quiet and fast, metal armor is loud and slow.

I also think that each armor set should really have its own niche as far as protection goes. No [or very limited] stat overlap would encourage players to progress into each set, chasing more protection/benefits etc, and pairing this very closely with each sets attainability [through loot drops/crafting skills/recipe material etc] would encourage players to focus on perfecting and maintaining what armor sets they can craft [and own through other means]

This mod has some terrific and well thought out recipes for items, but it could do with some tweaks here and there.

Am I alone in these thoughts ?

You are definitely NOT alone in this thought. Another area i was just about to give feed back on, exactly my thoughts, i always skipp leather armor, cause it s to hard to find, at the tiume that it can be made.

You are definitely NOT alone in this thought. Another area i was just about to give feed back on, exactly my thoughts, i always skipp leather armor, cause it s to hard to find, at the tiume that it can be made.

Yup, I never bother with leather armor, go right to scrap. I really wish encumbrance/speed impact was enabled in this game. Without it leather has little use over metal armors.

- - - Updated - - -

Another small bug:

FirstAidKit and Large1STAidkit are almost identical except the firstaid kit seems better as it heals severe wounds and the large does not. There are duplicate benefits too in one of them, forgot which.

Some quick questions

One, does anyone else know the sound bugs with some guns when you fire them they just keep making that sound?

Second, i was wondering if this mod will work with dedicated servers.

Third, when alpha 16 comes out will this mod still work or will things get wiped and you will update the mod for the new stuffs

Fourth, Some of the special items don't have unique sounds and stuff or looks. For example, the scoped hunting rifle and the silenced pistol. Is that supposed to be like that or is my game bugged somehow.

I know i have bunch more questions but those are the main ones!

Second, i was wondering if this mod will work with dedicated servers.

Third, when alpha 16 comes out will this mod still work or will things get wiped and you will update the mod for the new stuffs

Yes, it works even better on dedicated server. You need to load the server version on your dedicated box. That download is found here: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/TrueSurvivalSDXServer

The server install document can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofhxt7k6d4qtsv1/Guide_for_Dedicated_server_install.rtf?dl=0

And yes, the mod will need to have major edits due to the blocks being changed in A16. It will probably require a full game restart.

I, for one, want to thank Jeoshua for the amazing additions he has brought to this mod. Everything he does adds real playability to the mod, not just cosmetic tweaks. If hes looking for extra credit, I hope he takes a look at the annoying bug that forces us to use the task manager to exit the game. As that event should be easy to find, it might be easy to fix.

I have looked into it. I only ever got the bug once... So it's hard for me to fix what I don't see.

I have looked into it. I only ever got the bug once... So it's hard for me to fix what I don't see.

Seriously? The game spams error on exit 100% of the time. Not for you?

- - - Updated - - -

@Spider: There is no recipe for 50CalBullet. Is that intended?

I never get the error on exit either, i have seen a friend get it a couple of times on his though.

Interesting. Wonder why some always do and some never/rarely do? Might be a windows compatibility setting? Need to experiment...

Seriously? The game spams error on exit 100% of the time. Not for you?

I never get the error on exit either, i have seen a friend get it a couple of times on his though.

Interesting. Wonder why some always do and some never/rarely do? Might be a windows compatibility setting? Need to experiment...

How do you guys generally exit the game? I Alt-F4 from directly in the game, almost every time.

@Jeo: heres the error log for the exit bug. Maybe it helps.

2017-04-01T19:22:57 131.065 INF Disconnect

2017-04-01T19:22:57 131.277 INF [NET] DisconnectedFromServer: Connection closed

2017-04-01T19:22:57 131.278 INF SaveAndCleanupWorld

2017-04-01T19:22:57 131.282 INF [steamworks.NET] Stopping server

2017-04-01T19:22:57 131.291 INF World.Unload

2017-04-01T19:22:57 131.298 INF Exited thread thread_GenerateChunks

2017-04-01T19:22:58 131.560 INF World.Cleanup

2017-04-01T19:22:58 131.561 INF Exited thread thread_Regenerating

2017-04-01T19:22:58 131.562 INF Exited thread YF

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiC_ActiveBuffList.OnClose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.OnClose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiWindowGroup.OnClose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GUIWindowManager.Close (.GUIWindow _w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GUIWindowManager.Remove (System.String _windowName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.Shutdown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.ReloadLocal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.SaveAndCleanupWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Net_DisconnectedFromServer (System.String _reason) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetworkCommon.Disconnect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+GN.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

at XUiC_CollectedItemList.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2017-04-01T19:22:58 131.735 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved

2017-04-01T19:22:58 131.736 INF Cleanup

2017-04-01T19:22:58 131.737 WRN Missing cleanup for XML: sounds

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,GUIWindow].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GUIWindowManager.Remove (System.String _windowName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.Shutdown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Cleanup (System.String _name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+KN.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_CollectedItemList.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The last section repeats indefinitely till killed with task manager.

Archived