"The PvP Update"

Roland

Looking for some help on a PVP we're trying to do. 

I've only been playing for a few months, and my friends are going to do a Multiplayer Manhunt. There will be 3-4 teams of 3 players each, and they will play survival for two horde nights. On day 15, the teams will have to hunt each other down and eliminate the competition. 

My question is this, is there a way to spawn the players on each team together, but spawn them on different points on the map? 

Thank in advance for any help on this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 6:58 PM, gregoreo said:

Looking for some help on a PVP we're trying to do. 

I've only been playing for a few months, and my friends are going to do a Multiplayer Manhunt. There will be 3-4 teams of 3 players each, and they will play survival for two horde nights. On day 15, the teams will have to hunt each other down and eliminate the competition. 

My question is this, is there a way to spawn the players on each team together, but spawn them on different points on the map? 

Thank in advance for any help on this.

What I did when we ran a similar challenge, was this...

1. Start the server unlisted.
  2. Log my character into the server.
  3. Move character to spawn location.
  4. Log out.
  5. Shut the server down.
  6. Rename files for my character from my Steam ID to other players Steam ID.
  7. Start Server.
  8. Repeat process for next character.

Then when you're done, you can open the server up and have everyone spawn into the locations you want them to be at, with the gear you want them to start with.

• 1 year later...

PVP servers need some love with technical fixes (terrain glitch prevention, cheat prevention, dupe prevention, better admin tools, and DDOS protection).  

Looking through the server list, and it appears these servers are really dead now.   Played on a couple of the remaining ones, and it's clear they are new server admins that don't yet know how to balance the servers nor prevent cheating/exploiting.   Been around since A9, and this is the deepest in the ditch that this segment of the playerbase has ever been. 

Edited by Poojam (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2021 at 10:48 PM, Poojam said:

PVP servers need some love with technical fixes (terrain glitch prevention, cheat prevention, dupe prevention, better admin tools, and DDOS protection).  

Looking through the server list, and it appears these servers are really dead now.   Played on a couple of the remaining ones, and it's clear they are new server admins that don't yet know how to balance the servers nor prevent cheating/exploiting.   Been around since A9, and this is the deepest in the ditch that this segment of the playerbase has ever been. 

It's not just the cheating/exploiting either. The community and game has changed. PVP just doesn't feel as rewarding now. Progression is so streamlined that the nuance it brought has been neutered.

• 1 year later...

Most of my almost 2000 hours of 7dtd were playing PVP (I always played with my brothers in a local server, so we only played when both of us were avaliable to play)

The main issues that bothered me:

- render distance : a player can be seen only 90 meters away, although the vehicle render distance can overlap 1km
- unrealistic sound system: a gun shot cannot be heard up to 250m away. 

- unbalanced damage against humans: not rarely a player can be killed with a single bullet, no matter how strong his armor be.

Other adjustments like a map with a single trader, itens prices, fuel consumption, XP earned; I think XML/mods provides the enough to set. 

• 10 months later...

In 7DTD, PvP shouldn't be a focus due to the prevalence of toxic behavior among players. Instead, resources and efforts should be directed towards enhancing the gameplay experience through the expansion of points of interest (POIs), introducing more diverse zombies, and implementing advanced AI for enhanced cooperative play.

Consider the model of Helldivers 2, which prioritizes cooperative gameplay without PvP elements, focusing solely on shooting mechanics and completing missions.
In 7DTD, the combination of building, crafting, survival mechanics, and intelligent zombie (to do) encounters offers a thrilling adventure experience, far more engaging than the mindless competition of PvP.