Help: Installing Starvation Mod on Mac

imfrmhawaii

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had a guide/video (step by step if possible sorry!) on installing the Starvation Mod on a Mac? I've found a few videos that teach others how to install the mod on a windows PC, but none on a Mac. I'm not very tech-savvy and really want to try out this mod. Any type of help is appreciated!

• 11 months later...
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had a guide/video (step by step if possible sorry!) on installing the Starvation Mod on a Mac? I've found a few videos that teach others how to install the mod on a windows PC, but none on a Mac. I'm not very tech-savvy and really want to try out this mod. Any type of help is appreciated!

same problem her, did you find something?

Here are the instructions for installing Ravenhearst on Mac. Follow the same steps, substituting the Starvation files:

MAC Install -

1) Uninstall 7dtd. Open Finder, from taskbar choose Go -> Home. Open Library -> Application Support -> Steam -> steamapps -> common. Delete 7 Days to Die folder. Reinstall 7 Days to Die.

2) Unzip downloaded mod. Open unzipped folder. You should see 4 folders: 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, Data, and Mods. I will be referring to this as a “home screen”.

3) Open Steam. In your games Library, right-click 7 Days to Die and choose Properties from the drop-down menu. Choose the LOCAL FILES tab and choose BROWSE LOCAL FILES.

4) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the Mods folder to this location.

5) Open 7DaysToDie_Data -> Managed.

6) Right-click 7DaysToDie.app and choose Show Package Contents. Here you should see 2 folders: Contents and Data. This will be the other “home screen”. 7) Open Contents -> Resources -> Data -> Managed.

8) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the .dll files into this location. Mac OSX will ask if you want to keep both or replace. Choose replace.

9) Navigate back to each home screen.

10) Drag-and-drop the 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, and Mods folders into this location.

11) Open the Data folders in each location. You will see there are Config, Prefabs, and UMATextures folders in each.

12) For each of these three folders, open up its corresponding folder so you can see the contents. Drag-and-drop the mod’s contents into its respective folder. For duplicate files, mac OSX will ask if you want to Skip, Stop, or Replace. Check the “Apply to All” checkbox, then choose Replace.

13) Start 7 Days to Die and enjoy the mod!

• 2 weeks later...

Zip file for the installation

Here are the instructions for installing Ravenhearst on Mac. Follow the same steps, substituting the Starvation files:

MAC Install -

1) Uninstall 7dtd. Open Finder, from taskbar choose Go -> Home. Open Library -> Application Support -> Steam -> steamapps -> common. Delete 7 Days to Die folder. Reinstall 7 Days to Die.

2) Unzip downloaded mod. Open unzipped folder. You should see 4 folders: 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, Data, and Mods. I will be referring to this as a “home screen”.

3) Open Steam. In your games Library, right-click 7 Days to Die and choose Properties from the drop-down menu. Choose the LOCAL FILES tab and choose BROWSE LOCAL FILES.

4) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the Mods folder to this location.

5) Open 7DaysToDie_Data -> Managed.

6) Right-click 7DaysToDie.app and choose Show Package Contents. Here you should see 2 folders: Contents and Data. This will be the other “home screen”. 7) Open Contents -> Resources -> Data -> Managed.

8) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the .dll files into this location. Mac OSX will ask if you want to keep both or replace. Choose replace.

9) Navigate back to each home screen.

10) Drag-and-drop the 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, and Mods folders into this location.

11) Open the Data folders in each location. You will see there are Config, Prefabs, and UMATextures folders in each.

12) For each of these three folders, open up its corresponding folder so you can see the contents. Drag-and-drop the mod’s contents into its respective folder. For duplicate files, mac OSX will ask if you want to Skip, Stop, or Replace. Check the “Apply to All” checkbox, then choose Replace.

13) Start 7 Days to Die and enjoy the mod!

Where do you find the zip file ?

• 2 weeks later...

First, but easy problem is to get the files, because I only found DL-links for the launcher, which is an .exe and is not running under OSX.

On GitHUb you can find this:

https://github.com/StarvationTeam/StarvationMod

Second but major problem are the links in blocks.xml

the syntax for prefabs are like this:

<property name="Model" value="#AirCon?AirConPrefab" />

and at the game-start you got an error, can't find etc. I also tried to have the Mod-Folder on different locations to solve this, but it didn't work.

I tried to find out what kind of syntax "#"..."?" is, but couldn't find any hint.

I think it's a kind of shortcut for linking files. So if we could find out how to fix this link-issue, we could run SDX-MOD's on Mac, because no SDX-Mod is running on OSX.

In my imagination # and ? is something like: if you find # and ? exchange it with the right path to the mod-folder, but with windows-backslashes "", but on Mac you need slashes "/" - something like this....

May someone knows more about the issue.

OK I found the the syntax in the SDX manual:

When the game starts, the SDX hooks are activated, and as the game parses the XML files, it'll see the special model reference, and look under the Resources folder for a matching model.

#michonnekatana is translated to michonnekatana.unity3d

?katana is translated to look for the katana game object inside of michonnekatana.unity3d.

I'm pretty sure that's the problem for Mac-Users. They will parse windows-backslashes for the path to the resource-folder.

It would be easy to write an if-condition with slashes for Mac-users or something like this, if ever an SDX-Developer would read and answer this.

OK I found the the syntax in the SDX manual:

I'm pretty sure that's the problem for Mac-Users. They will parse windows-backslashes for the path to the resource-folder.

It would be easy to write an if-condition with slashes for Mac-users or something like this, if ever an SDX-Developer would read and answer this.

SDX is safe for Linux and Mac both, with regards to slashes. SDX parses it correctly.

If it's not a case sensitive issue, then you are missing your Mods/SDX/Resources/AirCon.unity3d file

SDX is safe for Linux and Mac both, with regards to slashes. SDX parses it correctly.

If it's not a case sensitive issue, then you are missing your Mods/SDX/Resources/AirCon.unity3d file

OK, I have an idea, what is wrong, but later.

It would be very nice to have a direct-DL-link for Mac-Users to DL starvation-mod. I have to search manually on GitHUb for it, and I'm not sure to have the official version.

OK, I have an idea, what is wrong, but later.

It would be very nice to have a direct-DL-link for Mac-Users to DL starvation-mod. I have to search manually on GitHUb for it, and I'm not sure to have the official version.

It's best to reach out to one of the Starvation team members in their thread, and explain what your needs are.

Really, really great, I got it!

I miss to read carefully point 10. This is a difference to all other mods I played to have those folders on two locations.

Thanks a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

It's best to reach out to one of the Starvation team members in their thread, and explain what your needs are.

I made a ticket on there homepage without answer.

Really, really great, I got it!

I miss to read carefully point 10. This is a difference to all other mods I played to have those folders on two locations.

Thanks a lot!

For what it's worth, you shouldn't need the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder if you are playing client :)

For what it's worth, you shouldn't need the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder if you are playing client :)

There is also an HUD-Folder I don't know what to do with. But it's running know and if I have one folder too much, better than one folder missing :)

So, the only issue till now I have is, that plants like tobacco, salad and some trees are just magenta-color, without texture. Just looking for an solution for that.

maybe pass this is as a parameter when you start the game: -force-glcore

Archived