Terrain Modifiers from A=J・Z

Alphado-Jaki

You already tried to that any to do interesting with new terrain ? :)

Or, You can wait until the biome configuration feature is unlocked ?

It is basically the same generator, just tuned differently?

(I had a question here about the compatibility of the code from А16, but i moved it to a new topic for a broad discussion)

Fast fix for A16 to A17 conversion is to insert following module as output.

*final* is your current output module.

<module name="scaleA16ToA17" type="ScaleInput">
			<property name="sourceModule" value="*final*"/>
			<property name="x" value="0.001953125"/>
			<property name="z" value="0.001953125"/>
		</module>

Also, A17 is using different value for base_height and water_level, so change water_level with 32 (base_height).

This is not complete conversion. A17 uses some kind of Terrace module for post-process, which causes some weirdness in lowland.

eRezFcim.jpg

For late reference.

- - - Updated - - -

6j3zFQdm.jpg

I need some more messing to best result, though conversion worked good.

TMs in A17 is completely different, but same landscape.

I can't show the detail till release, but I believe this change is nice for you all.

tdmph7Nm.jpg

Looks like seed dependent? Even if so, it's better to have some guaranteed number of cities.

Аhhh...perhaps it is this feature of a new generator forces to do his thus flat. This is a bad thing....

In this case will need to do their changes on the basis of vanilla and not А16...

...but I believe in Kinyajuu - he garbage is not doing. So then he'll fix it later.

@ExeBT

Shameful to say, but I haven't tried it. I saw Guppy, 4sheetzngeegles and other folks playing with it. It looks interesting, so try watch his video at:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?96089-Editing-Height-Maps

In fact, I wanna jump in, but there is something more interesting for me and wanna finish to release soon. :) So, I'll try it later.

@n2n1

Yep, A17 loves flat terrain worse than A16.

However, I still have hope, tfp will fix this, because vanilla also has same issue frequently.

In fact, my first day on A17 is expired by praying RNGESUS to bless me a map with 3 or more cities. XD

#Chilled_Out_and_Wait_4_Kinyajuu

• 3 weeks later...

After this update, currently I have no plan to update these project.

Instead of updating these preset, I will split overhaul world mod into each topography, so that player can build up as 1 part of terrain.

My current project, Terrain modifier - Infinite is on following thread.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?100968-Terrain-modifiers-Infinite

Hiya,

So you know, I tried the Full Varied for the latest patch (on experimental) and unless I did something wrong:

1) put your modlet in the mods folder (where the rest of my mods are)

2) started game waited over 30 bloody minutes to create a map (pimps I hope you speed this up)

3) started game get WRN: spawned entity in the wrong area type issue. but it's yellow so it's playable.

4) start gather resources, finish the campfire quest and Null Reference error repeatedly: Unplayable had to quit game.

5) restart the process from 2 - mind you I deleted a modlet that I know wasn't working just in case it was conflicting for some reason

6) right after campfire quest Null Reference again.

I think it can't find the trader so it can't do the trader quest. I believe that is the problem, I believe the trader quest is up after the campfire.

I realize you're not going to update/continue this mod, but it's currently a bit borked, unless it is user error ;)

Edit: yeah, pretty sure it's the trader quest that is messed up. I started a game without your terrain modlet and it worked fine.

Archived