Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

StompyNZ

So I spent all of Sunday and Monday evening working on finding the problem. I have finally fixed the issue with block insert and multidim blocks causing a collapse.

Version 2.0 is coming along nicely and I hope to have at least a preview release ready by the weekend.

I have completely re-written the entire mod, with many changes, improvements, and optimisations.

I must be installing this wrong. I setup a Dedicated Server on my local machine and am able to get into the world. However I copied the contents of BCManager into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Data" and it's not working. There's a variety of "how to install mods" out there and i'm messing up something not getting this installed right.

Reinstalling my server and trying again. :-/

EDIT:

Figured it out. Way to many "How To Install Mods" articles/videos out there and they seem to vary notably.

Found Stompy's "

" video and came to understand that there's supposed to be a "Mods" folder in the "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server" folder.

So... the install is just dropping the BCManager folder into the following folder...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Mods"

Where the "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server" folder contains the following other folders:

"7DaysToDieServer_Data"

"Data"

Yes, this is a server only mod, just like allocs :)

XML mods go in the data folder, but API mods like this and allocs need to go in the mods folder (which wont exist at first)

I'll be redoing the instal vid to cover the full process from nothing so it hopefully makes things clearer for those new to the setup.

just a heads up that the beta1 for verson 2.0.0 is available in the code repo.

It has most of the data models updated, and some changes to the world editing commands.

NOTE: This is not (yet) compaitble with RAT as Trekkan will need to make some changes, so if you use RAT dont run this version until Trekkan says its time.

The world editing commands include a fixed block command, and I just need to do some testing tonight then will have the updated prefab command too.

VERSION 2.0.0 is not compatible with old versions, please delete all old configs for BCM before running the new version

just a heads up that the beta1 for verson 2.0.0 is available in the code repo.

It has most of the data models updated, and some changes to the world editing commands.

NOTE: This is not (yet) compaitble with RAT as Trekkan will need to make some changes, so if you use RAT dont run this version until Trekkan says its time.

The world editing commands include a fixed block command, and I just need to do some testing tonight then will have the updated prefab command too.

VERSION 2.0.0 is not compatible with old versions, please delete all old configs for BCM before running the new version

So should I be switching to this version now with some of the primary prefab build work i'm doing or is this a test build (I know, beta, alpha, weee!)? And do you think it's going to work with A16.3 the new release as of today? And no... I'm totally not asking if you tested it. Just curious on your thoughts.

And my big question: Does this work with electricity? So if I put in a functional electricity enabled Prefab, would it function? Would Turrets retain their targeting direction? stuff like that?

Thanks again Stompy!

hey guys, I havent had a chance to test/build against the latest build, will do that tonight and provide an update.

Based on the errors I'm seeing from Djk, it appears theres a change in the player file format ill need to allow for

I think things are in a state where I can do a stable release, was mostly just the data models changing that was the holdup, they are 90% done now

After some investigations, it appears that the file access conflict is a result of the write method not allowing reads while it's writing.

Since I cant change the write method I'll instead have to reconfigure how I'm getting data from player files for online players (issue shouldn't affect offline players as they are not being written to)

Once I get things updated for that I'll publish a stable release.

I dont think it'll take too much for trekkan to update to the new system. Mostly just a change to the command it calls and maybe a few property name changes to accoutn for.

Updated with a new release for a16.3:

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompanySM/releases/tag/v2.0.0_beta2

This is still a beta phase, so expect a few changes before stable. Most of the changes will come in the yet to be finished data models such as for the items and blocks. Player data models should be stable now, its only the game object models to be completed.

THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH A16.2 SAVES - please delete any pre v2 data to be sure not to encounter errors (this includes the bcm folder in your saves that holds the persistant data)

THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH A16.2 SAVES - please delete any pre v2 data to be sure not to encounter errors (this includes the bcm folder in your saves that holds the persistant data)

Can't you implement it so that it is still compatible with the A16.2 saves? I mean, 7DTD itself has no problem reading A16.2 player files in A16.3 version, just by evaluating the file version correctly. - Shouldn't be more than an additional if-else.

I will not do a server wipe just to get BCM back online. - And since RAT depends on it, it would be also the end for me for the server maneger. :(

djk

Well, I say it's not compatible because 99% of the issues people end up having are conflicts with old saves.

I'm not saying it won't work, but if there are issues the first thing ill ask is was it a 16.3 save :p

At the very least you should delete the bcm folder from the save game folder because the variables on that model are changed and will probably cause an error try to load.

It is what it is.... I can't guarantee compatibility going forward as often tfp change things that will just flat out break my code :)

Well, I say it's not compatible because 99% of the issues people end up having are conflicts with old saves.

I'm not saying it won't work, but if there are issues the first thing ill ask is was it a 16.3 save :p

At the very least you should delete the bcm folder from the save game folder because the variables on that model are changed and will probably cause an error try to load.

It is what it is.... I can't guarantee compatibility going forward as often tfp change things that will just flat out break my code :)

Thanks, I can live with that, and I'm used to it with the game itself when keeping the saves.

I thougt it was *definitely guaranteed* to not work. - If i find something that can be easily adjusted to gain compatibility i'll let you know.

djk

the player file reader should be ok with 16.2 saves as the version number is in the file and that is used to determine if the extra bit added needs to pull the byte out.

I'm about 50% done with rebuilding the player data commands so that it wont touch the player file while they are online. It's proving a bit tricky with many vars not being updated on the server, so i'll have to add a cache to catch those values as it passes through the save hook. I avoided this initially as I dont want to store that data as a duplicate using the persisntant data method, but i will code it to use a memory only cache and only keep data from online players in the cache. The rest can safely be mined from the player files directly.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh Stompy. I thought I heard Guppy say something about Import/Export wasn't working with Electricity. Sorry if I missed the mention of support for it, but is the 2.0 version going to support Electrical blocks and wiring?

No, for that you will want to use DjK's mod. You still won't be able to have prefabs with connected power from rwg, but you can manually add them with his import command.

Quick feedback: Version v2.0.0_beta2 works perfectly with old saves. Thank you!

ok cheers for testing :)

One thing that wont work in the next update is old bcm .bin files in the saves folder, as I am making extensive changes to the player model that is use for saving persistent data (part of the data file read/write conflict fix)

Probably looking at about a week before I've finished the next update, which should hopefully mean a stable realease unless other erroneous code pops up

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompanySM/releases/tag/v2.0.0_beta3

Updated with a new release.

Fixed issue with import command cleaning out its own multi dim blocks (Thanks Missy from oz.nz for the bug report). Changed folder name for undo data to BCMUndoCache located in the Data/Prefabs folder. The old BCM folder in Data/Prefabs can be deleted.

Fixed issue with setskill command not being able to set a skill to 0, now does a check on min and max level allowed and notifies if you try to set outside limits

Extensive changes to the persistent container and list player command. List players command for online players should no longer try to access the player data file. Some values will have a delay or won't update until the player logs out as a result of the (ongoing) changes. Some of the properties on list players are yet to be fully updated and may improve the update rate once I can test (slow process).

NOTE: The BCM folder (in the save game folder) has been renamed as running the mod with the old .bin files will generate an error due to the persistent container field name changes. The new folder is /BCMData, the BCM folder can be deleted.

Hey Stompy!

Just an FYI...

I'm playing with the mod, latest beta 3 version you posted 4 days ago. I think BC-LHCD isn't working. I've flown around this world I'm in for a while testing some other stuff, my paintball mod, making sure I got loot tables updated properly. And it's not showing all the jm_paintball prefabs when I do that search. Also that red error I think is associated to the BCM. I didn't get that error while I tested the paintball mod unit I setup this server and had this version of BCM on it.

VVNlVGR.png

Archived