Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

StompyNZ

After some more testing I think I've worked out what's causing the issue with multi dim blocks. If the parent block out outside of the insert area then the replace block will fail on the child blocks, and similarly if you do an export that cuts a multi dim in half, then it depends which side the parent block lands on.

Should be able to come up with something that works in most cases, but prob not for a couple of days.

hello, most mods I have went into Mods folder.. Such as Coppi's, Allocs, and ServerTools.. However, where does your API go into? does dont work in Mods folder.. attached are folders as set up on my bluefang server..

Root.jpg.89b25182316ea6f820e6a3cc736a4e95.jpg

_mods.jpg.cad4f7d940632e6d5aad517d086abeae.jpg

hello, most mods I have went into Mods folder.. Such as Coppi's, Allocs, and ServerTools.. However, where does your API go into? does dont work in Mods folder.. attached are folders as set up on my bluefang server..

It needs to have a sub folder like the others.

It doesn't matter what the folder is called, but I normally call mine BCM then place the dll, modinfo and Config folder in there (so /Mods/BCM/BCManager.dll etc)

It needs to have a sub folder like the others.

It doesn't matter what the folder is called, but I normally call mine BCM then place the dll, modinfo and Config folder in there (so /Mods/BCM/BCManager.dll etc)

Thanks, when I read this I felt :der: I should have known as I have added mods numerous times before.. LMAO

I am assuming, if I wanted to have admins only have access to the commands I would need to gate the commands in serveradmin.xml? or is this defaulted to admins?

Thanks, when I read this I felt :der: I should have known as I have added mods numerous times before.. LMAO

I am assuming, if I wanted to have admins only have access to the commands I would need to gate the commands in serveradmin.xml? or is this defaulted to admins?

almost all the commands require level 0 by default.

You can change the Commands.xml to change these settings, or add them to serveradmin.xml and set the level there, I believe the xml file takes precedence.

<Command name="ListPlayers" commands="bc-lp" [color="#FF0000"]defaultpermissionlevel[/color]="0" defaultoptions="online"/>

bc-help and bc-loc are the only two not set to 0 in Commands.xml by default (both are 1000, available to everyone)

Update Time!

Added VisitRegion (bc-visitregion | visit) - currently the same as visitmap but for a single region as per the file co-ords (like 0.0.7rg is bc-visit 0 0)

Fixed a number of issues with prefab and block imports. Added /swap to block command to do block replacements. block /swap stone steelBlock would replace all stone blocks with steelBlocks in the area (great to run underground to find ore nodes)

Fixed issues with the json option on waypoints, spawnpoints, and gamestages... All list player commands should now be working correctly.

Added a /tag=text option on list players and list game objects commands for telnet parsers, so that a custom tag can be added to the /json output of commands

Removed ListPlayersExtensive and added a multi option to list players - use bc-lp /json /details /full or alternatively use one of the sub section options in place of /full (all options are: /st /gs /bg /bu /cq /pe /fr /pq /pr /ps /sp /tb /wp), you can use more than one option to tailor the output to your requirements.

There's a couple know issues still with the block and prefab commands, but they are getting closer. The commands will now nuke any multidim blocks that are partially in the area (undo wont currently restore them if the parent block is outside the area) and if you have some unloaded chunks the undo will only hold part of the required info for the undo to work.

Stomp, I think you're going to find that most people don't understand 99% of the cool stuff you can do with your mod. You may want to do an entire video showcasing the features, so that they're "in english" for those of us who are NOT as mod-minded as you, so to speak (translation: for the rest of us dummies :)).

Just a thought.

I was pointed in this direction by Guppy.

I posted another thread requesting a way to get a server to render chunks that have not been visited yet by players. In order to help the server not lag out when many players are on and exploring.

I see above you have the visitregion command and it looks like it would do what I was looking for.

Does this run fine while still running Alloc's Server Fixes, and the Server Tools mods?

Want to make sure I do not introduce a conflict. I haven't explored all the features in yours so they may be duplicating each other.

We definitely use the web Map from those as well as the tele command on occasion.

Thanks for your efforts and time.

Stomp, I think you're going to find that most people don't understand 99% of the cool stuff you can do with your mod. You may want to do an entire video showcasing the features, so that they're "in english" for those of us who are NOT as mod-minded as you, so to speak (translation: for the rest of us dummies :)).

Just a thought.

Oh this would be great!!!

Well, I installed this on our dedicated server.

when I do a bc-help the visitregion bc-visit command is not listed, and when attempting to use it, it says command unknown.

Other commands that are listed in the help work just fine, so I believe its installed correctly.

I downloaded the zip from your first post: https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompanySM/releases

Is there something I am missing, or is that command not in your latest build yet? Sorry if I am jumping the gun.

Thanks for your hard work.

EDIT:

Well, it does work but not with bc-visit has to be the entire bc-visitregion

Thanks.

Just a thought.

Stompy I got this ..... GUPPY we both looking at you for that video haha :-P.

No seriously I will put my hand up in being in the dummy class and even tho you have explained a zillion times to me the awesomeness o this mod and i have read it several times over lol I am afraid to say I do not understand it :-). But being a Stompy produced mod I know it is needed :-)

Well, I installed this on our dedicated server.

when I do a bc-help the visitregion bc-visit command is not listed, and when attempting to use it, it says command unknown.

Other commands that are listed in the help work just fine, so I believe its installed correctly.

I downloaded the zip from your first post: https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompanySM/releases

Is there something I am missing, or is that command not in your latest build yet? Sorry if I am jumping the gun.

Thanks for your hard work.

EDIT:

Well, it does work but not with bc-visit has to be the entire bc-visitregion

Thanks.

sorry, I might have gotten the command text mixed up :)

You can check in Mods/BCM/Config/Commands.xml for all the commands and the alias etc for them. YOu can change them to anything you want, and if another mod has a conflict just updating the settings in mine to work around it :)

The bc-visitregion (or just 'visit' without the bc- or region bits). This is based off the visitmap command from tfp but a bit easier to use, and less likely to crash the chunk generator

I plan to use this feature to make it possible to do prefab imports in unloaded areas.

New Release Up

Fixed the block /scan option

Create a stored location with loc then use block /scan [name|id|*]

This will give a count of all the blocks of that type in the area.

You can also use block /scan * to get a report on all block types (this is currently the only way to see a count for air blocks as they are considered null so doesn't match the name filter)

List Prefabs (bc-prefabs) now has an optional param to specify a filter for the filename

You can use * for 0 to many wildcard, and ? for 0 or 1 wildcard

bc-prefabs house would list all prefabs with the word house in the name

Note: the .ttp is also required, so either end your filter with * or add the .ttp to the name.

i.e. bc-prefabs army_barracks_01.ttp or bc-prefabs army_barracks_01* would give the same result

Lastly bc-prefabs army_barracks_01* /stats or bc-prefabs army_barracks_01* /blocks give block count stats and full block details (type, rotation, texture, density etc). the stats and blocks options will only give results when a single prefab file matches the filter.

btw for the visit region stuff I have a plan to add an event that will run the map explore when nobody is online starting at 0,0 and expanding out in a spiral (configurable).

And yes I plan to do a video but was waiting for my cold to pass a bit first or my voice sounds like gravel.

Stompy can you please put in the OP where to put all this. what file do we download etc lol I have no clue :-(

ill make some install notes later, but its the same as allocs, just needs a folder in the Mods folder

in that you will have modInfo.xml, BCManager.dll, and the Config folder with some xml and txt files

from the releases page just grab the zip at the bottom of the top most release

I found a way to directly set online players skill levels, even removing points or setting back to 0. I'll finish adding the ability to specify other players and edit their skills tomorrow and then update the release

This opens up the option for event driven skill adjustments for server managers, such as death penalties, starter skills, rewards for kills etc.

I found a way to directly set online players skill levels, even removing points or setting back to 0. I'll finish adding the ability to specify other players and edit their skills tomorrow and then update the release

This opens up the option for event driven skill adjustments for server managers, such as death penalties, starter skills, rewards for kills etc.

This is really awesome Stompy, I can't wait to use it! Thanks for all of your work on this mod, you're opening up so many things that I couldn't do before with RAT! =)

Hello Stompy I just wanted to stop by and thank you for this excellent tool. I've been using it for 2 days and the block placement / removal tool alone has saved me a TON of work. Outstanding tool! Thank you very much! ;-)

Also, I couldn't find the command to undo prefab imports. Is it same as blocks? (ie prefab /undo)?

edit: I figured it out.

Thanks Again ;-)

Yeah atm the undo is tied to the command. So import uses import /undo and block uses block /undo

I'm thinking it would be more intuitive to have a single undo history for all commands and also an option to list the undo history.

Update Time

Added a SetSkillOnPlayer command (bc-setskill | setskill)

- Sets a skill level of a player. The skill name params are as found in the xml name field, the level is any valid level for that skill and player requirements.

- /self can be used in place of a playername to specify the player giving the command.

i.e.

bc-setskill StompyNZ craftSkillGuns 10

A couple notes:

Target player needs to be in game (for now, will add offline player code later)

If you are viewing the skill screen at the time, exit that screen and return.

If you are crafting and you set the skill lower then it wont change to the new skill until you start a new queue (if you increase the skill the output is improved)

Setting the skill to a value past the max possible will say it has done it, but won't actually do it :) (still to add proper constraints checking and reporting the issues)

Still to test what happens if you try to set a skill that you havent met reqs for but I assume it will be the same as trying to set it past max level.

Will be adding at the least a /max /maxall /reset /resetall options, which should be obvious what they do :p

Also the ability to define a class 'profile' and apply it in a single command, which could include modded unique unpurchasable skills that can only be awarded via the command, or somesuch :)

Archived