War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

This looks like an incredible mod. Thank you for your hard work!

Excuse my ignorance...I've read as much as I could find about this mod...but I haven't discovered your potential future additions to it...or any changes you may have made to zombie/ai behavior. Have there been any alterations? What's down the pipe?

I was originally stuck between Valmod and Spiders conversions (before Spider dissapeared) as I'm looking for a big time facelift for 7d2d in most aspects...but this has now caught my attention big time.

This looks like an incredible mod. Thank you for your hard work!

Excuse my ignorance...I've read as much as I could find about this mod...but I haven't discovered your potential future additions to it...or any changes you may have made to zombie/ai behavior. Have there been any alterations? What's down the pipe?

I was originally stuck between Valmod and Spiders conversions (before Spider dissapeared) as I'm looking for a big time facelift for 7d2d in most aspects...but this has now caught my attention big time.

Right now I am currently porting over all my additions from my A14.7 Mod which is in the first post. But also have plans on adding new content as well. I would like to see if I can get bandits in and working. I know they dont have great animations yet but if they work as intended then I want them in. My zombie Bosses from A14.7 Mod are going to be updated into UMA Zombies so that they don't look like any current zombie in the game which i had no choice to do with A14. And probably more but haven't thought of it yet.

I do also plan on adding in Localization support so that I can give proper names and descriptions to my items/blocks etc and bring in my own Custom Icons.

Thanks for the response!

I've been playing since just after I had originally posted, and so far it plays beautifully.

I fully understand what you mean with the localization. That would be a huge bonus.

Bandits would also be incredible. I'm completely unfamiliar with the source for 7d2d - and so I'm unsure of our limitations regarding what can and cannot be done...however new models/anims for your new weapons would be a wonderful thing - as currently they appear to be renamed/re-statted versions of the original weapons.

Also, upon adding the silenced versions of the weapons - I've noticed an audio bug that doesn't appear to have a sound for the reloading of these weapons. Bizarre!

Please keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress and playing with all the new content. Wish I could offer some help!

Also (and please don't think that I'm trying to put too much on your plate - more of a wishlist than anything) some ideas that I've seen/thought of that may or may not be possible/planned:

1) Mountable/Ridable creatures. I don't believe there's a horse model, but MM has explained that the new bear model (a16) is "saddle-able" and "backpack-able" in our next update. Would be glorious to see what you modding guru's could do with that.

2) UI update. I'm actually quite suprised that it's not a current thing in the mod yet. I'm assuming that it's a part of 14.7 that's being ported over (I'm on cellular right now so it's very difficult for me to read all of the bullet points in both threads).

3) UMA zombies...as you've already stated you'll be adding. Variety is the spice of life...and everything from reskins to size differences will add a LOT of flavor.

4) Class system? All of the "cool kids" seems to be playing with this...but I'm not quite sure if It´s better or worse than vanilla.

5) Pets? This could be a real b*tch - but I've also heard rumors of MM playing with this one as well.

6) NPC colonization. Maybe not necessarily just bandits...but neutral based survivors?

7) Carrying on with this...zombie interaction with various animals. I'm not sure if this is a thing yet.

8) More animals - although I feel that if modelling and animations were doable currently, someone with your experience would have already gone there.

9) Weather effects. Fires/Voxel damage being caused by lightning strikes, possibly wind storms doing some form of damage? Etc.

10) More weapons. This is another one that crutches on the animation/model capabilities.

Anyway...just a few random thoughts. Thanks!

i see there is a small engine recipe added in with the mod (least i think the mod is adding it in, no mention of it in the base game that i've read)

but i've had all the required parts to craft it, it doesn't take a workbench or recipe to learn that i've seen, but i cannot craft it

also, with the recipes that require yeast, would it be possible to add a recipe in that allows us to make yeast? its extremely difficult to find a lot of

other than that the mod is great ^^

Thanks for the response!

I've been playing since just after I had originally posted, and so far it plays beautifully.

I fully understand what you mean with the localization. That would be a huge bonus.

Bandits would also be incredible. I'm completely unfamiliar with the source for 7d2d - and so I'm unsure of our limitations regarding what can and cannot be done...however new models/anims for your new weapons would be a wonderful thing - as currently they appear to be renamed/re-statted versions of the original weapons.

Also, upon adding the silenced versions of the weapons - I've noticed an audio bug that doesn't appear to have a sound for the reloading of these weapons. Bizarre!

Please keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress and playing with all the new content. Wish I could offer some help!

1. I'm not a animator or know how to merge in new guns like that. So all I can do myself is use a Existing Gun. When the game is released in gold by the TFP they plan on adding Modding Tools for the community to use so then is probably when I can do something

2. I'll look into the silenced guns and see whats going on

Also (and please don't think that I'm trying to put too much on your plate - more of a wishlist than anything) some ideas that I've seen/thought of that may or may not be possible/planned:

1) Mountable/Ridable creatures. I don't believe there's a horse model, but MM has explained that the new bear model (a16) is "saddle-able" and "backpack-able" in our next update. Would be glorious to see what you modding guru's could do with that.

2) UI update. I'm actually quite suprised that it's not a current thing in the mod yet. I'm assuming that it's a part of 14.7 that's being ported over (I'm on cellular right now so it's very difficult for me to read all of the bullet points in both threads).

3) UMA zombies...as you've already stated you'll be adding. Variety is the spice of life...and everything from reskins to size differences will add a LOT of flavor.

4) Class system? All of the "cool kids" seems to be playing with this...but I'm not quite sure if It´s better or worse than vanilla.

5) Pets? This could be a real b*tch - but I've also heard rumors of MM playing with this one as well.

6) NPC colonization. Maybe not necessarily just bandits...but neutral based survivors?

7) Carrying on with this...zombie interaction with various animals. I'm not sure if this is a thing yet.

8) More animals - although I feel that if modelling and animations were doable currently, someone with your experience would have already gone there.

9) Weather effects. Fires/Voxel damage being caused by lightning strikes, possibly wind storms doing some form of damage? Etc.

10) More weapons. This is another one that crutches on the animation/model capabilities.

Anyway...just a few random thoughts. Thanks!

1) Love to see what is possible with that but Can't in A15 as UMA Animals are not in current build as far as I know, but I do know bandits are

2) UI update I guess would be cool, Haven't touched it in my A14.7 Mod as I currently am not a expert in window sizing (See new workstations for an example...its not perfect). Also what type of things would you like to see in the GUI? I kinda like the minimalist type of GUI. But am open to ideas.

3) I plan on making all my Boss Zombies into UMA. Adding in additional regular zombies I can probably do, but not until I get my Bosses done

4) I have thought of a "Class System" but I feel its kinda nice being open to all the stuff as long as you are willing to spend time to learn them. One thing I was thinking of is a Starter Class Boost Thing where when you first start the game you get <Blank> which Boosts skills in that category (Eg, You craft a Builder Booster Pack that gives you + X Skill to Tool Smithing and Unlocks X Perks right off the bat) Maybe that booster pack becomes a rare loot find from Bosses or rare Loot Containers Etc... Thoughts???

5) Not Possible in game ATM. Have to see when The Fun Pimps want to add that. ETA. When its done.

6) Not possible for me to do as that requires a lot of coding to the game engine which I am not capable of doing. That one will have to wait until The Fun Pimps add that in, when they do regular NPC's

7) I assume you mean how zombies Kinda Ignore Stags, Pigs ETC. This I can probably tackle, just a matter of adding in a task for zombies to tear them to ♥♥♥♥s. I know bears interact with zombies, which causes the zombie to return fire. But never seen a zombie attack a bear sense at least a couple Alphas ago.

8) Can't add in any other new animals without having to purchase them through the Unity Store. Can't Animate them anyway. Back a long time ago when Boars where actually in the code somewhere I was able to make them work. They were aggressive pigs that fought back. Only thing I "may" be able to do with this is try and make the current pig aggresive which I think is possible....I just got some evil ideas.

9) Not possible with Weather system in game ATM. Fire Damage is not a thing yet but they have been talking about it. Not sure where that will go in this game. But I have thought about that myself and think it would be pretty cool feature and add to the game.

10) I can add more weapons, but Yes they would be same weapon skin from in game right now. Sorry

i see there is a small engine recipe added in with the mod (least i think the mod is adding it in, no mention of it in the base game that i've read)

but i've had all the required parts to craft it, it doesn't take a workbench or recipe to learn that i've seen, but i cannot craft it

also, with the recipes that require yeast, would it be possible to add a recipe in that allows us to make yeast? its extremely difficult to find a lot of

other than that the mod is great ^^

1) This is the recipe from recipes.xml

<recipe name="smallEngine" count="1" craft_area="workbench" craft_exp_gain="150">

<ingredient name="forgedSteel" count="15"/>

<ingredient name="electricParts" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="mechanicalParts" count="6"/>

<ingredient name="shortMetalPipe" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="radiator" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="airFilter" count="1"/>

</recipe>

Is the Air Filter showing in the game GUI? It maybe because the recipe is too long and I have to mod the GUI to show another row in the recipe screen

2) What makes Yeast? Wasn't sure how I could do that in the game that makes some sense. What I can do is Increase the chance for it in loot. I'll try to do that for the next build. Kinda noticed the lack of yeast myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright now I am off to bed. Work Graveyards so was just on here to update my mod and then go to bed. Talk to you guys later

hi there like the mod but is it intended for the secure chest to break every time you look into it or is that a bug?

i put one down i'll open it put stuff inside then it breaks then open it up again and it completly breaks

No that shouldn't happen. Not happening on my end can you tell me the exact Recipe name of that storage chest your placing. Is it SecureStorageChest

SecureStorageChest must be the server im using cause in single player it works just fine and dont know why it wouldnt work on the server i would place it down put stuff inside then it breaks everything comes out pick everything up and look and close and breaks but in single polayer works great might have to try a difrent server to see how it goes

SecureStorageChest must be the server im using cause in single player it works just fine and dont know why it wouldnt work on the server i would place it down put stuff inside then it breaks everything comes out pick everything up and look and close and breaks but in single polayer works great might have to try a difrent server to see how it goes

To be sure, your using this mod on the server? Not just your client end?

- - - Updated - - -

V4.0.3 B3 Released!

Hi,

I got a problem,

I install the mod on my server and when i try to open forge console open and it writes : IndexOutOfRangeException: Array

I don't go this problem on local server

I tried to reinstall the server, update it, change seed, nothing works

I found the problem, it was because i kept my own XUI

Edited by Aerith (see edit history)

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod