Forum Permissions Issues

Janna3921

Forum Permissions Issues  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Forum Permissions Issues

• The fish
    • The chicken

There are times, not always, that when someone has a link to a image that I can't get it to display.

I get a message that says: You do not have permission to access this page. Could be due to one of several reasons.

Then list some of the reasons.

Does anyone know what I can do, or what is the cause? I doesn't fit any of the reasons, I am registered to read, I am not still waiting to be registered, they are not images only for administrators they are in various threads of for all to view, such as the Kracken in the Alpha 15 thread.

Thanks for any help given.

Hey Janna, you are actively logged in when you get that message? I know I do when the browser times out and I am logged off the site but as soon as I log back in I can see any images again.

I may also be if the poster is posting a link to the image and not attaching the image to the post itself. In which case you may not have access to see the image on the site it is linking to.

i have had a similar issue with attachments (file or picture) and not being able to view them. i'm logged in when i attempt to view them and when i click on them i get

daedelus, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

i also havent received the activation email and thought that may play a part in my problem, but Roland assured me that even without it i'm fully registered and if i wasnt i wouldnt have been able to pm him about the issue in the first place.

Had this too before, after i linked my SteamAcc it worked (But can`t unlink it >.>)

Same with Avatar... didn`t worked before linked... now it works like a charm.. :05.18-flustered:

well that fixed the avatar issue that i didnt know i had, but still no luck on attachments

well that fixed the avatar issue that i didnt know i had, but still no luck on attachments

At least one Problem solved...

Did u tryed CTRL +F5? (Makes ur Browser reload the Cache completly new on the page where u use)

Or checked ur Settings (On the Forum)?

I have noticed that when I first come to this site (each day) I land on the first (main) page and I am NOT logged in, even though I have the box ticked to keep me logged in.

If I continue into one of the forum areas I find that I AM logged in.

So it seems that I am not logged in for the first page, but I don't have to do anything more than go to a forum area and it rectifies itself.

I doubt this issue is related, but it seemed like the best place to post it.

This has been a problem for weeks.

At first I was logging in from the first page, until I accidently clicked and went straight into a forum area and realized I was logged in without having to log in.

I tried to vote on the no landmine poll Do Not Want them

As for what Archy says about logging in, that is weird, that has happened to me a few times. I will come on and log in and click on remember me. I might leave the site, but not the internet and when I return sometimes it shows me as not logged in. But when I go and click on Discussions and then check it shows me as logged in.

I logged off and signed back on earlier and I still can't vote in the poll, says I am not allowed to. Well, there seems to be enough votes against it so I guess my one vote won't be a tie breaker. Still, frustrating in some ways.

No. That sounds like it. You think you're logged in, but you're not, so you can't view attachments, etc.

no Gup, I AM actually logged in when I think I'm NOT, and only on the first page.

When I move into the forums it rectifies itself.

In every user's account there are three usergroups they can belong to:

Registered Users

Registered Users with Steam

Registered Users with Steam & Game

So far everyone who has the problem registered after July 2016 and none of them belong to both of the 2nd and 3rd user groups. Except Daedilus who steam linked his account and is now checked off as being in the 2nd group but still does not show up in the third group. And now Daedilus has more permissions than he had but still not all of them.

I checked Daedilus' steam library and 7 Days to Die is not listed.

So it seems that if you own a copy of the Steam version of the game and want to get full access right now you should steam link your account and your problem will be solved. If you are a console gamer then you will be able to get more privileges by steam linking but not all of them since the game won't show up in your steam account. Hopefully the permission issue will be solved so that anyone can have full access.

As Fox said Steam Link is probably still active and all they did was allow posting and Pming privileges rather than truly disabling Steam Link which stinks because it gives spammers all the permissions they care about and legitimate users are hamstringed...

Added a test poll so that people who link their steam account can test to see if they can participate.

After re-linking steam it works properly. I can view images and vote on polls. Unfortunately the one about mines is closed haha. Thanks for your help!

Okay I got word back from Janna that she is all fixed and I think everyone else should be fixed as well. Let me know within the next day or two if you are having problems and then I'm going to unstick this thread and let it go back into the sea of words.

Archived